Hit the Mark! Daily Mission H E Double Hockey Sticks

Grind Terrible Grind Horrible Grind Never again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8183 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I will never, ever, ever keep this "Daily Mission" in my repertoire in the future. 

The requirements:  "Earn the required number of personal points when defending sectors.  The battle result only counts if you win".  For 10 tokens, it's 20,000 personal points at each of the three tier levels.   

Not terrible, but the kicker is not only the win requirement, but the defend requirement.  If you want to win, you have to attack.  You really can only go on defense if your team is full of ringers or you do yeoman's work to win sectors and then you have to find one to defend.  And then, if you get down on the cap points, you have to go back on the offensive.     Works best if there is a central airfield and your team is kicking the other team to the curb.  Does not work well for spread out maps where your team cannot seem to capture anything for more than a minute.

Not really venting, but after a looooong time on this "daily mission" I finally realized that it is just not something I will ever, ever repeat.  It's like a double-whammy:  defend and win.  Sometimes the two are mutually exclusive.  

Stygian_Alchemist #2 Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11450 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBobby_Tables, on 21 November 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

I will never, ever, ever keep this "Daily Mission" in my repertoire in the future. 

The requirements:  "Earn the required number of personal points when defending sectors.  The battle result only counts if you win".  For 10 tokens, it's 20,000 personal points at each of the three tier levels.   

Not terrible, but the kicker is not only the win requirement, but the defend requirement.  If you want to win, you have to attack.  You really can only go on defense if your team is full of ringers or you do yeoman's work to win sectors and then you have to find one to defend.  And then, if you get down on the cap points, you have to go back on the offensive.     Works best if there is a central airfield and your team is kicking the other team to the curb.  Does not work well for spread out maps where your team cannot seem to capture anything for more than a minute.

Not really venting, but after a looooong time on this "daily mission" I finally realized that it is just not something I will ever, ever repeat.  It's like a double-whammy:  defend and win.  Sometimes the two are mutually exclusive.  

There's another one... 25k PP defending captured air bases per period... nearly as annoying and nastily long. They need to work on this whole concept of "daily" TBH.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• 24208 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I very often wish that 'defend and win' was on the minds of my team mates.  The bots sure don't seem to have the concept.  It is not uncommon for me to have to flip that central Military Base or Mining plant 3 times in 1 battle. 
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

hoom #4 Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10220 battles

They should really be called 'Daily' 1 token, 'Weekly' 4 token & 'Monthly' the 10 token ones.

But sometimes you get easy ones where you can actually legit get all 3 in an evening.

Need to rework to remove the necessity of seal-clubbing.

Need to reduce some of the requirements especially on missions which require presence of Caps of particular types as many of them are rare in rotation generally and for Period I in particular (increasing the amount of seal-clubbing needed!!!)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #5 Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posthoom, on 22 November 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

Need to rework to remove the necessity of seal-clubbing.

This is the one that gripes me.  The "defend airfields" one is the one where I can get a pile of points required in Periods II and III in just a few battles.  But to actually have to go down to Period I and club on purpose at an airfield is painful.  At least the "destroy AA guns" one is one where you can actually avoid shooting at anything but AA guns...

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 22 November 2019 - 08:20 PM.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8183 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Well, I finally finished this one out with a massive seal-clubbing adventure at Tier 2.  Went with my I-5 ShKAS after fooling around with various other premiums from Tier 3 and 4.  Just could not get the win+defend, so the only alternative to finish this thing and get on with this weekend mission (I love Gold) was to go full clubbing.  One thing I noted, when in low tiers, choose a plane with at least 3 guns.  It's just faster that way.  

I guess at least I finished it relatively quickly once I just chose an OP plane and stuck to it.  Therefore, it wasn't like I hung around in Tier 2 for days on end, or did I?...  Feels like it.  

Anyway, I totally agree that some of these missions just encourage seal clubbing.  Yes, I could have stuck to Tier 4, but again the win+defend is tailor made for an OP plane.  Keel, Keel, Keel, get ahead, then return to the scene of the crime to wreak havoc.  

Killed a few pups along the way, but only if they shot at me*.

*If the rear gunner shoots at me, I count it as an offense and fair game.  Call me names, I don't care.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 23 November 2019 - 08:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users