• 1368 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
SOONER THAN SOON.
Spoiler

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:08 AM

Major

• 1443 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

why don't you people who are dissatisfied with the present game...

just leave

I'm so sick of the constant whining

the game is awesome

got it!

A for Amazing

W for the super Wow factor

E for Extra cool bots

S for super fun RNG

O for outta this world Laggfest

M for the Matchmaker made in heaven

E for the cool Extra bot thingy... again

so, just get off the Forum Game...

go to the Premium Shop

and use the kid's Target gift card

ya, the one Aunt Mary gave him for his birthday

and get you sum cool Premium Pixel Plane

yep,

impress your clan mates

adjust that attitude

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Maverick_Rivers #5 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:45 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1368 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Heh. Sober now. Sentiments remain, however.

Booze

Edited by Booze_Morgan, 15 November 2019 - 12:49 AM.

Spoiler

DennyFish311 #6 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3062 battles
Ace you pretty much summed it up. Gotta say u come up with some good ones. SOON is getting old.

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 14 November 2019 - 04:21 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDennyFish311, on 14 November 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

SOON is getting old.

I think that's entirely the point.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #8 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

• 1676 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 November 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

I think that's entirely the point.

Just a few comments. 

First HELLO EVERYONE!!!!  It's been a while but I heard you all missed me so here I is!!!  YAY Biplanes!!!

Soooo ... 

Here's the thing with PVP.  In order to make it work and not have people waiting an hour for the matchmaker to build a fairly reasonable battle, you need to have players, LOTS more players that the planes NA server has to work with.  The only way you are going to solve this is ... 

1) Create a LARGE player base which is at least comparable to WGs second me popular title, World of Warships.  When this happens, you have enough players across enough tiers for a match maker to make a reasonably balanced battle in a reasonable amount of time.

2) Drastically widen the matchmaking spread.  Set a +3 or +4 spread so that the matchmaker can choose from a wider population of players, you might even need to go to +5 spread to make it work.  This unfortunately would place T5 or T6 prop planes facing T10 jets but it might be enough to have nothing but actual people at the controls. 

3) Use a more reasonable matchmaking spread and just accept the fact that the load times might be as long as half and hour or more before the Matchmaker can make a reasonable match. 

4) Reduce the minimum number of planes on each team to 1 or 2.  That would make things easier on the match maker since it wouldn't need to find as many players to create a match.  Of course you could easily end up in a situation where you might have a 1 on 1 battle between a GAA and a Fighter. 

5) Merge the servers.  Get rid of the NA server and merge it with the European ones.  Keep merging until you have a large enough player base to make the matchmaker work.  You might not be able to read what's going on and you'd have to deal with the fact that WG isn't going to be catering to your needs but to the needs of the larger European populations, but you'd be flying against other players.  

6) Create a Training Room like "Combat Room" where players can set up their own battles PvP and get credit for them.  You'd have to install some anti-abuse provisions, but that might be workable. Btw, off topic comment.  Charging players silver to fly in the training room is a STOOPID IDEA.  Please turn on your brains and delete that feature. 

In the absence of these alternatives, the mixture of players and bots is something WG has done very well and I give them full credit for coming up with a workable and enjoyable solution to the challenge of matchmaking in a low player number environment.  I kind of like it the way it is, but I understand  why people want to see PvP.  The best solution to this problem however isn't going to be found within the game structure, it's going to be in the player base.  As such the ultimate solution is to recruit enough players so that a reasonable PVP matchmaking can actually work. 

And in summation I'd like to say ... BIPLANES RULE!!  YAY BIPLANES!!!! :kamikaze: 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 14 November 2019 - 07:41 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Maverick_Rivers #9 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

• 1368 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

1) Been screaming that to WG since forever.  I agree with having more pilots, WG does not, it seems.

2) No. Been through that with a 3 tier spread, disastrous.

3) Tried that, more pilots, LOTS more, left and never returned.

4)  Been through that also. More leaving, more never returning.

5)  THAT has not been tried.  I have no informed opinion on this, so what I say is entirely suspect, even by me.  To close down the NA server, or any server, would be to concede defeat and would be seen as possibly the  loudest death knell to the game thus far (and there have been some loud ones.)  WG just opened the Asian server so I  doubt they would entertain closing and combining them.  I do wonder, however, if an event might be possible where all servers but one are closed so we all fly together.

6)  In total agreement.  We have suggested that to WG since forever, also, and it is still a great idea to me.

Booze

Spoiler

_A_3_ #10 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 14 November 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Here's the thing with PVP.  In order to make it work and not have people waiting an hour for the matchmaker to build a fairly reasonable battle, you need to have players, LOTS more players that the planes NA server has to work with.  The only way you are going to solve this is ...

Omit everything they did to make thousands of players quit and pvp mode will be fine.

White_Widow18 #11 Posted 14 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12692 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
If the servers could be merged across that big of a geographic setup, they would be. The problem with that idea is physics. Greater distance is greater latency. No way around that as yet.

Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3407 battles
We already have plenty of PvP.  I wouldn't want this game to be contaminated by the nasty keyboard raging PvP culture other games suffer from

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

BB3_Oregon_Steel #13 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

• 1676 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 14 November 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

1) Been screaming that to WG since forever.  I agree with having more pilots, WG does not, it seems.

2) No. Been through that with a 3 tier spread, disastrous.

3) Tried that, more pilots, LOTS more, left and never returned.

4)  Been through that also. More leaving, more never returning.

5)  THAT has not been tried.  I have no informed opinion on this, so what I say is entirely suspect, even by me.  To close down the NA server, or any server, would be to concede defeat and would be seen as possibly the  loudest death knell to the game thus far (and there have been some loud ones.)  WG just opened the Asian server so I  doubt they would entertain closing and combining them.  I do wonder, however, if an event might be possible where all servers but one are closed so we all fly together.

6)  In total agreement.  We have suggested that to WG since forever, also, and it is still a great idea to me.

Booze

Well just to be clear, I didn't say all of these were good solutions, just ways you could change things to have pure PVP play and not have to wait a day for the battle to begin.  

The only real solution to this is more players populating all tiers with enough people that the matchmaker can do a reasonable job win a reasonable amount of time.  

If you are not willing to accept solutions as I've listed above (and you're right, some of them stink) or others are impossible to implement (as Widow has suggested) then advocating for PVP battles is just using up the air around you for no good purpose.  WG can not wave a magic player wand and make people rush to adopt the game so ... until that changes, this is what we have. There might be a couple of options I didn't think about when writing this post, but I think anything I might have missed probably has similar problems.  

And while it's fairly obvious some disastrous decisions were made by WG after this game was released, it makes no difference in the issue at hand.  It's a sunk cost, something we can't roll back the hands of time and fix. Any solution has to look at right now moving forward, not looking back and lamenting what was. 

But the most important thing to remember is ... 

YAY BIPLANES!!!!  :izmena:

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Maverick_Rivers #14 Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

• 1368 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
lol
Spoiler

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

Major

• 1443 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 14 November 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Well just to be clear, I didn't say all of these were good solutions, just ways you could change things to have pure PVP play and not have to wait a day for the battle to begin.  

The only real solution to this is more players populating all tiers with enough people that the matchmaker can do a reasonable job win a reasonable amount of time.  

If you are not willing to accept solutions as I've listed above (and you're right, some of them stink) or others are impossible to implement (as Widow has suggested) then advocating for PVP battles is just using up the air around you for no good purpose.  WG can not wave a magic player wand and make people rush to adopt the game so ... until that changes, this is what we have. There might be a couple of options I didn't think about when writing this post, but I think anything I might have missed probably has similar problems. 

I think this is the magic wand they use to retain players and make awesome decisions

And while it's fairly obvious some disastrous decisions were made by WG after this game was released, it makes no difference in the issue at hand.  It's a sunk cost, something we can't roll back the hands of time and fix. Any solution has to look at right now moving forward, not looking back and lamenting what was. 

so... moving forward, we should see if they/we can undo some of the more glaring mistakes

when you go down the wrong path...

many times the best way forward is to go back to where you made a wrong turn

this is not a new philosophy

But the most important thing to remember is ... 

YAY BIPLANES!!!!  :izmena:

agreed... yay biplanes

glad you're back :great:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Brothanoobseed #16 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

Airman Basic

• 30 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Saw this link in SSG discord and laughed my [edited]off!!!!!!

Why does WG say they have made plans to develop something and never come through with it?

Captain_Underpants53 #17 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• 30069 battles
Link?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Major

• 1443 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 November 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Link?

crzyhawk #19 Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5441 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI

View PostBrothanoobseed, on 15 November 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Saw this link in SSG discord and laughed my [edited]off!!!!!!

Why does WG say they have made plans to develop something and never come through with it?

Probably lost staff and no longer have the personnel for development.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, IId; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

Also tagged with game modes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users