Heavyweight Fights

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

blindfoId #41 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Pilots!

It's high time to reveal the names of the best pilots, who showed their true mastery and perseverance during these heavyweight fights! Our sincere congratulations to the winners, the supply team is on its way to deliver the well-deserved rewards to you!

The USA and the UK

Mastery

Spoiler

Perseverance

Spoiler

Japan and Germany

Mastery

Spoiler

Perseverance

Spoiler

The current number of your chevrons can be found here. 

SpiritFoxMY #42 Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4908 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Huh. 16th on Perseverance of all things. I didn't think I'd played that much but then again, looking at the Mastery Leaderboard, I'd probably have been in 19th or 20th.

Well, I've gotten my P-39N-1, so now I can goof off for the last weekend.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

ebp_si #43 Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2873 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Congrats winners!  I'm bummed- I missed the Ki-94-I by less than 1000 points on perseverance.  If I had only played 5 more battles...  Or stuck with the P.228 instead of wasting 10 battles on a stock P.1056...  On the bright side, the 2 additional chevrons gets me at least the Hurricane IId in the Fall Campaign.

Vradin #44 Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8326 battles

Hmmmm.....pretty sure my 10 best battles number is off, there is no way I did that well. I did rack up about 35 k on  Perseverance so I suppose I'd get 3 chevrons anyways, but you might want to re-check those numbers.

Looks like the same issue on the Russian Server as well:

blindfoId #45 Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostVradin, on 13 November 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

Hmmmm.....pretty sure my 10 best battles number is off, there is no way I did that well. I did rack up about 35 k on  Perseverance so I suppose I'd get 3 chevrons anyways, but you might want to re-check those numbers.

Looks like the same issue on the Russian Server as well:

Yes, this is true. We'll check everything up once again. Players who already are mentioned in tables will still receive their rewards but if someone is lacking his prizes he will get them, do not worry.

ZEROmark1 #46 Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 5751 battles
  • [PNW_A] PNW_A

Well done everyone.

15 people are still in the running for the top prize. 

Any word if we will be able to pick our prize? It was talked about previously.

Only category we haven't done is ground attack aircraft, calling it now for next week.

Let the battle begin! 09/10/2019 

Tiers I-IV:
Tiers V-VII:
Tiers VIII - X

Battle of Moscow 09/24/2019 Soviet/German Tier IV-V light/multirole fighters

Strategic Strike 10/08/2019 Soviet/German Tier V - X bombers

Legendary Trials: Thunder vs Tempest 10/22/2019 American/British Tier VI - X multirole fighters

Heavyweight Fights 11/05/2019 USA and U.K/Japan and Germany Tier V - X heavy fighters

Edited by ZEROmark1, 13 November 2019 - 04:15 PM.

SgtSchlautter #47 Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6598 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Oh this is so frustrating!!! If the servers were just better by a little tiny bit, would have been in the top 5. This is SO ANNOYING. The servers cost me the top 5. SO SOO MAD!!!!

hoom #48 Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10171 battles

Top Mastery whaaatdah?! :unsure:

My count gives me only 8375 for top 10 which would be a more believable 11th Mastery.

61830 by my count would be 2nd Perseverance though.

Block Quote

We'll check everything up once again. Players who already are mentioned in tables will still receive their rewards but if someone is lacking his prizes he will get them, do not worry.

Edit: OK cool.

Happy enough that I would have ranked 2nd in Perseverance anyway :)

Edited by hoom, 13 November 2019 - 07:09 PM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

ZEROmark1 #49 Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:23 PM

Senior Airman

• 5751 battles
  • [PNW_A] PNW_A

Yeah, the server lagging was more apparent this time around. Usually was bad for a battle then ok for a awhile. I gave up a few times and closed the game, only to come back hours later with the same lag still going on. 

And the score points do seem a little off. My count(52,095) versus whats on the scoreboard(49785) are 2313 lower. With a average 336(52,095/155) points per battle, that is almost 7 games not counted. I made sure I played within the event times and do not understand where an 1.5 hours of games went. It doesn't change my position this time, but could have cost me placement on the scoreboard if the scores were closer.

On that note, does the 23:59 PST end time count battles STARTED by that time, or battles ENDED by that time. I gambled and started a battle at 23:58 PST, got 440 cap points. 

V_MAXX #50 Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:35 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12477 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

Event has been lots of fun, I enjoy the game completely. War Gaming get an A+ for fun, A+ for events. I've played a few games online and never have i run across such a great player base, with only a few exceptions that like to complain and troll. I can see many new players that are coming in from other games. Keep up the hard work and lets grow this game. Oh, one thing, Bump up the server to handle the new players we don't want to lose our new players due to tech issues. last four days have been really bad. Getting booted from server, no damage, planes sliding sideways and flying backwards (All lost packet issues i would assume) because it happens to everyone in the game at the same time so it has to be server side. Looking forward to the last event, Good luck to all and <o.

trikke #51 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:01 AM

Captain

• 3626 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostV_MAXX, on 13 November 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

Event has been lots of fun, I enjoy the game completely. War Gaming get an A+ for fun, A+ for events. I've played a few games online and never have i run across such a great player base, with only a few exceptions that like to complain and troll. I can see many new players that are coming in from other games. Keep up the hard work and lets grow this game. Oh, one thing, Bump up the server to handle the new players we don't want to lose our new players due to tech issues. last four days have been really bad. Getting booted from server, no damage, planes sliding sideways and flying backwards (All lost packet issues i would assume) because it happens to everyone in the game at the same time so it has to be server side. Looking forward to the last event, Good luck to all and <o.

ty, V_MAXX.      you don't write much in the forums, but what you do write have always been gems

drop in more often, brother?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Underpants53 #52 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 13 November 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

ty, V_MAXX.      you don't write much in the forums, but what you do write have always been gems

drop in more often, brother?

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #53 Posted 14 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostV_MAXX, on 13 November 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Silence6966 #54 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1849 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO
I am annoyed, I know I played several games in the ki102, and had some pretty crazy scores, but I couldnt play much because of the crazy lag and teleporting planes, I know I played more than enough games to qual but I can't see what my score was. I don't think I am going to bother with these events anymore, its all geared towards the no lifers anyway
If at first you don't succeed, give up loser, you suck.

Captain_Underpants53 #55 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:57 AM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Yes!   :great:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #56 Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11329 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSilence6966, on 14 November 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

I am annoyed, I know I played several games in the ki102, and had some pretty crazy scores, but I couldnt play much because of the crazy lag and teleporting planes, I know I played more than enough games to qual but I can't see what my score was. I don't think I am going to bother with these events anymore, its all geared towards the no lifers anyway

Eh. I flew maybe 20 matches total because I had a horrible migraine and no migraine meds til monday. I still pulled out a chevron, 500 gold, a week of premium, etc. I can't complain for barely playing. Part of it is having the right plane for your skillset and in this case it was geared to those who are good at Boom and Zoom. You could get on the lists with a minimal # of games, but you better be good at controlling the ebb and flow to maximize your points per game. I'm kinda surprised I got on at all, given that I didn't think I had by my own estimates. Admittedly it shows me fairly well dead pegged where I thought I was points wise. A little lower, but I could have been off since I was paper and penning it with a migraine. Still, my point is it's not for the no lifers, though they definitely have the advantage of sheer attrition of numbers.. but you -can- still rack up rewards. If I can get 2 more chevrons in the next event I'll get a P-39N-1 (I already own it, so it'll be gold.. but that's not an insignficant amount of gold). I've been sick of missed all but one of the event weekends for various reasons and it has blown chunks. It also reminded me that skillful minimal input can still reward you if you play to your strengths and remember to give it a whirl at least. 

Given that they seem to have had an error with stuff, I imagine a lot of people will see their rewards and chevrons increased as well.

Just my two cents.

SgtSchlautter #57 Posted 14 November 2019 - 05:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6598 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
I really hope there is some sort of compensation at least for the server being down throughout part of the event. If that lag wasn't there, I'd be able to have made the top 5. But when that lag was happening, I could barely manage to get 5k pp which really messed with the competition for me. robbed me of tier 7 premium too :'(

hoom #58 Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10171 battles
Is there any ETA for the corrected ranks?
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

blindfoId #59 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Dear pilots,

Apologies for the long wait! We checked everything up once again and we are ready to publish the updated winners lists. As I said earlier, we won't withdraw already received rewards, and all prizes you lack will soon appear on your accounts :)

The current number of chevrons has also changed according to the updated list.

The USA and the UK

Mastery

Spoiler

Perseverance

Spoiler

Japan and Germany

Mastery

Spoiler

Perseverance

Spoiler

ebp_si #60 Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2873 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Woohoo!  Somebody above me must've moved from Perseverance to Mastery on recalc, so I bumped up to 5.  Yay- new plane!

(I also feel less bad about my Mastery total since the top scores came down a lot)

Edited by ebp_si, 15 November 2019 - 01:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users