Flexible Premium Deals

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Developer
  • 0 battles

From November 4 till November 15, the Premium Shop will offer you bundles with personal battle missions, completing which you will receive days of a flexible premium account and replenish your depot with tokens. Plan your playing time yourself!

Full news text

Spoiler

Edited by blindfoId, 04 November 2019 - 11:53 AM.

SgtSchlautter #2 Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6645 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

hmm, so basically u guys are finally making premium time more versatile. Armored Warfare has had this type of premium since its release. Nevertheless, better late than never I guess.

One quick question though: does this 'flexible' premium time carry over to WoWS and WoT? if not, that icon for the flexible premium seems a bit misleading as it has all three WG titles' icons on it.

Marraskuu #3 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11881 battles
Is all Premium time going to be flexible? I got two days in a crate, and it will go to waste. It would be great if it only deducted minutes played.

Han shot first.

SgtSchlautter #4 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6645 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBuffaloTime, on 04 November 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

Is all Premium time going to be flexible? I got two days in a crate, and it will go to waste. It would be great if it only deducted minutes played.

ok, that is a bit overkill. That would mean a single day of premium would last a player 24 hours. if they went with this system, they would probably have to rework the entirety of premium time. Maybe 1 day of normal premium would equal 3 hours of 'flexible' premium. I mean, flexible premium as described is already far more valuable than traditional premium. it means that a week of flexible premium could last u 3.5 weeks if you could only play on the weekends. So a year of flexible premium time could last a player an eternity if they didn't play every day. Flexible premium is just far superior than normal as described. Your way would just be overkill. I have thought about it working like that, but isn't that what boosters do in the game anyway?

Marraskuu #5 Posted 04 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

• 11881 battles

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 04 November 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

ok, that is a bit overkill. That would mean a single day of premium would last a player 24 hours. if they went with this system, they would probably have to rework the entirety of premium time. Maybe 1 day of normal premium would equal 3 hours of 'flexible' premium. I mean, flexible premium as described is already far more valuable than traditional premium. it means that a week of flexible premium could last u 3.5 weeks if you could only play on the weekends. So a year of flexible premium time could last a player an eternity if they didn't play every day. Flexible premium is just far superior than normal as described. Your way would just be overkill. I have thought about it working like that, but isn't that what boosters do in the game anyway?

You're right.

I propose this:

Each battle counts as one hour up to 24 in one Premium day. After 24 the battles are just part of the Premium day. This way players who spend a lot of time playing get value out of their Premium time, and players who play a limited number of matches don't get penalized. 

Han shot first.

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I think this is actually a decent deal based on token cost alone.  If 50 gold is one token, then 100 tokens is 5000 gold, right?  And what is 20 days of straight premium?  $25 for that seems like a deal.

SgtSchlautter #7 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6645 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBuffaloTime, on 04 November 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

You're right.

I propose this:

Each battle counts as one hour up to 24 in one Premium day. After 24 the battles are just part of the Premium day. This way players who spend a lot of time playing get value out of their Premium time, and players who play a limited number of matches don't get penalized. 

I'm not quite following. I'm interpreting what u wrote as playing a minimum of one battle activates one hour of premium. Playing 24 battles unlocks the whole 24 hour premium time. So, even if someone only plays for 3 battles, they have used up effectively 3 hours of premium time. Then, if they come back later, they still have 21 hours of premium time left? Essentially a single battle unlocks 1 hour of premium time. Whether u play during that hour or not, that hour has been activated. this could mean that having one 24 hour flexible premium day by your method could last a couple of days granted you don't play 24 battles in one day. I could sort of see this working, but my question is why? It is overly complicated. At least as the way that WG described it working right now, it isn't overly confusing. If u buy a week of premium, u chose when to activate those days of premium time. From what I am gathering, your method is fairly similar to WG's, but on a per hour basis rather than a per day basis? If I understood that correctly

Marraskuu #8 Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

• 11881 battles

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 04 November 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'm not quite following. I'm interpreting what u wrote as playing a minimum of one battle activates one hour of premium. Playing 24 battles unlocks the whole 24 hour premium time. So, even if someone only plays for 3 battles, they have used up effectively 3 hours of premium time. Then, if they come back later, they still have 21 hours of premium time left? Essentially a single battle unlocks 1 hour of premium time. Whether u play during that hour or not, that hour has been activated. this could mean that having one 24 hour flexible premium day by your method could last a couple of days granted you don't play 24 battles in one day. I could sort of see this working, but my question is why? It is overly complicated. At least as the way that WG described it working right now, it isn't overly confusing. If u buy a week of premium, u chose when to activate those days of premium time. From what I am gathering, your method is fairly similar to WG's, but on a per hour basis rather than a per day basis? If I understood that correctly

1 battle = 1 hour of premium

5 battles = 5 hours

10 = 10 hours

etc. 

After 24 battles the Premium day last until the day ends. Not complicated, I am not a programmer so I don't know if it could be done. I am just saying that people who log in and play a few game in a Premium day don't get the full benefit of the Premium time. If you pay for it, wouldn't you like to get more benefit out of the time than for just a few battles?

And this is just a discussion. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. 

Edited by BuffaloTime, 04 November 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Han shot first.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:11 PM

Captain

• 24104 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 04 November 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

er, a single day of premium already right now lasts for 24 hours.  Whether you play one game or fifty.

Or none, for that matter.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 04 November 2019 - 10:14 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SgtSchlautter #10 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6645 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostBuffaloTime, on 04 November 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

1 battle = 1 hour of premium

5 battles = 5 hours

10 = 10 hours

etc. 

After 24 battles the Premium day last until the day ends. Not complicated, I am not a programmer so I don't know if it could be done. I am just saying that people who log in and play a few game in a Premium day don't get the full benefit of the Premium time. If you pay for it, wouldn't you like to get more benefit out of the time than for just a few battles?

And this is just a discussion. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. 

fair enough. So that system would highly benefit players who do not play for long periods of time. Makes sense.

btw, i like that Dr Who quote footnote u have :) "Demons run when a good man goes to war" :D

Marraskuu #11 Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:55 PM

• 11881 battles

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 04 November 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

btw, i like that Dr Who quote footnote u have :) "Demons run when a good man goes to war" :D

That is not where I got it from but thanks for pointing it out. I fixed signature to reflect author.

Demons run
When a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown the sun

Friendship dies
And true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise

Demons run
But count the cost
The battle’s won
But the child is lost
The fight goes on but what’s it for

Now rise the sun
Now dawn the day
When good men run
And women stay
When battle’s done
When nothing’s won
It’s a woman’s work to say
Well then, soldier, how goes the day?

Edited by BuffaloTime, 04 November 2019 - 10:58 PM.

Han shot first.

blindfoId #12 Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 04 November 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

One quick question though: does this 'flexible' premium time carry over to WoWS and WoT? if not, that icon for the flexible premium seems a bit misleading as it has all three WG titles' icons on it.

It works. It's the same common premium :)

View PostBuffaloTime, on 04 November 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

No, it's just a special offer. Thus, if you purchase one (or more) bundle from this particular offer, you'll receive a battle mission that activates your flexible premium account. Premium Days received from any other resources remain the same. 

allenr #13 Posted 05 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2416 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i really like this idea, much more 'user friendly' for those with limited play times.

question; if i buy a package, how long will the special mission to activate it be available for?

is there a time limit to activate it such as 30 or 60 days?

i would activate only on certain days of certain weekends when i will have the time to play.

cheers

ClosedCoffin #14 Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8627 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

View Postallenr, on 05 November 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

i really like this idea, much more 'user friendly' for those with limited play times.

question; if i buy a package, how long will the special mission to activate it be available for?

is there a time limit to activate it such as 30 or 60 days?

i would activate only on certain days of certain weekends when i will have the time to play.

cheers

The missions activate as soon as you buy them and they will be waiting for you to fly in a battle each day. 

Missing days won't matter but all three missions will expire early on the morning of Dec 15th so give yourself at least 20 flying days to finish the big mission.

I was able to buy and fly one day segments from all three missions yesterday.

edit: only one battle will cover the requirement for any and all of these missions you have going,

as in, I flew one battle today and received 10-tokens and 3-days flex-premium because I had bought all three missions.

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 05 November 2019 - 09:33 PM.

Mjr_fUnKadeLiC #15 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:41 AM

Airman Basic

• 435 battles

very nice

Edited by Mjr_fUnKadeLiC, 06 November 2019 - 02:42 AM.

Perrigrino #16 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6037 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

WoW!!!! Six (6) years ago, (I think, though my memory is the 2nd thing to go) I asked/suggested something like this.... Finaly!!! Excellent move WoWP! And that Token Rush, well as a fan of the great Canadian Rock Band, can't go wrong bud, that was also an excellent mission. Has there been a change in management?? Perhaps a Studio has opened in Vancouver, where the aroma is sweeter?

Regardless, Would like to thank WG and Planes for a change in direction. Not only is this a good business decision but it's also another thing that seems to be in consideration of the loyal flying player base. So, Thank you. Keep up the god work.

Steel_Raine #17 Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:11 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5018 battles
  • [FK] FK

I purchased 10 flexible premium days and the missions are not resetting daily, meaning I have and am only able to complete 1 mission for 1 whole day of premium and 3 tokens. Warning, buyer beware as now I have to deal with WG customer service :/

Then again I guess its my fault for continuing to give this company money for a buggy game, well lesson learned, no more from me...

Edited by Steel_Raine, 11 November 2019 - 04:12 AM.

blindfoId #18 Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostSteel_Raine, on 11 November 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

I purchased 10 flexible premium days and the missions are not resetting daily, meaning I have and am only able to complete 1 mission for 1 whole day of premium and 3 tokens. Warning, buyer beware as now I have to deal with WG customer service :/

I'm not sure if I understand your issue correctly. You can complete one mission a day. You cannot complete all 10 missions at once. This is how it works. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users