Jump to content


Is MM now forbidding certain human combinations from going mano-a-mano? (criteria unknown)

Matchmaker

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Reitousair #21 Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10963 battles
  • 664
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 01 November 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Yes, it does seem to on occasion.  I know in the last couple of months I have had two or three battles where it's just me against a flighted pair.

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 01 November 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

No. Just.. No. 

 

Sorry, but no.

 

I'm not the only one to get 2v1 matches in recent memory and when you right click on the names it's easy to discern which is which. Try that sometime.

 

Myself, with and without flight partners, I've had 2v1 matches at least a couple times per week. Seems to mostly happen late night or early morning and one side or the other is always a flight.

 

Also, I realize it was supposedly fixed with a patch.. Two even. But there's plenty of other claimed to be fixed stuff that isn't or thst was later broken again via other means. 

 

I have never gotten a 2v1 (or 1v2) match since... 2.0.6 I believe it was, late 2018. I use Krautjaegers "Who's the AI bots?" mod so all bot names have an asterisk in front of them.

 

As such, I have played thousands of battles (roughly 4500) since 2v1's were "removed" from matchmaker and I have never gotten a 2v1. I strongly suspect this is error on your parts as over the course of thousands of battles I have never seen an uneven amount of players in a battle since they changed how matchmaker works; and bots are clearly marked for me so it's not me mistaking bots as players either. I've also played at various times on the NA server, including a couple of hours after server reset and midday on weekdays (when most of the server is busy doing more important things than playing World of Warplanes)

 

If you can post screencaps or send replays (you might need to compress them though) as proof though to change my mind I would appreciate it, because I am highly doubtful matchmaker could cause this as I have never seen it occur for over a year now.


Edited by Reitousair, 01 November 2019 - 07:57 PM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


Captain_Underpants53 #22 Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:20 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24138 battles
  • 3,500
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I always check out the after action report where it is readily seen who was a bot, or not.  It's fine if you don't believe.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #23 Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,250
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostReitousair, on 01 November 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

I have never gotten a 2v1 (or 1v2) match since... 2.0.6 I believe it was, late 2018. I use Krautjaegers "Who's the AI bots?" mod so all bot names have an asterisk in front of them.

 

As such, I have played thousands of battles (roughly 4500) since 2v1's were "removed" from matchmaker and I have never gotten a 2v1. I strongly suspect this is error on your parts as over the course of thousands of battles I have never seen an uneven amount of players in a battle since they changed how matchmaker works; and bots are clearly marked for me so it's not me mistaking bots as players either. I've also played at various times on the NA server, including a couple of hours after server reset and midday on weekdays (when most of the server is busy doing more important things than playing World of Warplanes)

 

If you can post screencaps or send replays (you might need to compress them though) as proof though to change my mind I would appreciate it, because I am highly doubtful matchmaker could cause this as I have never seen it occur for over a year now.

Next time it happens I'll make sure to take a screenshot. I usually don't bother unless it's something that actually bugs me. 2v1, especially since often as not I'm on the "two" side doesn't bother me. 2v0, again, doesn't bother me. 3v0, again, no worries. I don't really actually care if there's a single human on my team as half the time I consider the humans to be more a detriment than the bots. Especially and specifically at high tiers where I usually stomp around.

We've roughly the same number of battle and Underpants has twice as many as either of us. My normal flight partner and I have run into this several times and he's also got thousands of games. It's possible you've simply missed that it happened or not been on right before/after reset which is the only time it seems to happen. It also seems to require a single flight to be in the mix. Basically, I've never seen a 2v1 that there wasn't a flight in the roster.

Editing to add: And sincerely, next time it happens I'll make sure to screenshot it. It seems to happen with fair-to-middling regularity if I am playing right around server reset.


Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 01 November 2019 - 10:01 PM.


Reitousair #24 Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:16 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10963 battles
  • 664
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 01 November 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

next time it happens I'll make sure to screenshot it. It seems to happen with fair-to-middling regularity if I am playing right around server reset.

 

Hmm, I play until server reset a lot on the weekends and occasionally play for about an hour afterwards if I really have nothing to do that day, both solo and flighted, and have had yet to see this, weird...

 

It's possible that I just don't play enough at these hours, but I just find it unusual that I've never seen this despite often playing quite late.


I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

 


losttwo #25 Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:24 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 01 November 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

 

Not that it matters I can beat 3 humans flighted just as easily solo.

 

 

The baited comment

View PostBuffaloTime, on 01 November 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

There's a Greek word for this. Starts with "H" ends in "s". :sceptic:

 

The fish

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 01 November 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:


:medal:   I believe the word is Hagis. Love them entrails.

 

The tourist

 

The HOOK



Stygian_Alchemist #26 Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:27 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,250
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostReitousair, on 01 November 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

Hmm, I play until server reset a lot on the weekends and occasionally play for about an hour afterwards if I really have nothing to do that day, both solo and flighted, and have had yet to see this, weird...

 

It's possible that I just don't play enough at these hours, but I just find it unusual that I've never seen this despite often playing quite late.

Understandable, and like I said. Next time it happens I'll actually try my best to remember to take a screenshot.

At first I thought I'd just been missing a human or whatever til Underpants complained about it in clan a couple of months ago and a night or two after that another clanmate and I were in a flight and -he- pointed it out. I right-clicked every name on the other team and only one was a player. I've noticed it happen more since I started paying attention, but even so I won't say out of several hundred games across a week it's more than once? So even so it's not exactly common and like I said, it seems to require a flight for it to happen? My -guess- is that there is still an obscure situation wherein 2v1 can happen, probably something like my flight queues in, one more human queues in, but since we all hit queue at 3:59 A.M. (4:00 A.M. is server reset for me) no one else queues in and for -whatever- reason it ends up putting us all in the same match. That or maybe a second human -was- queued in, but dropped at -just- the right time they got replaced by a bot. That.. or.. something in the code has been borked up again... given the way that chat and etc. has behaved at different junctures.... I somewhat wonder about that being the more likely case. That MM is literally just.. bugging out.. when it gives the 2v1s. I -assume- the 2v0 and 3v0 stuff is it accounting for my flight and no humans or my flight and only -one- other human in the queue.. though.. why it doesn't shunt us into separate matches like I believe it is supposed to.. still confuses me.. but again... humans, no humans... I don't pay attention a lot of the time unless its a flight partner :/ High tiers, bots are often bigger threats or more useful teammates to keep alive due to the way the AI functions.

Now I'm kinda hoping it happens again soon, because I honestly have assumed from Captain's complaints that it was a bug that just.. never got completely fixed and now its in the "we know about it, but can't reproduce it so.... we'll just say it's fixed" stage.



losttwo #27 Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
Hail the robot overlords

Marraskuu #28 Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:08 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11883 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 01 November 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

 

The baited comment

 

The fish

 

The tourist

 

The HOOK

 

Proud to be trout.

 


 
 
Han shot first.

vcharng #29 Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3882 battles
  • 872
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 01 November 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

Understandable, and like I said. Next time it happens I'll actually try my best to remember to take a screenshot.

Well, when was the last time 1v2 (flight) happened for you?

they forbid the MM from doing so a few versions ago, and you can certainly have that before that version.

This dispute can be as simple as a matter of game versions.



CorvusCorvax #30 Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBuffaloTime, on 02 November 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

 

Proud to be trout.

 


1.)  Welcome back.

 

2.)  Agreed.



Stygian_Alchemist #31 Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,250
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postvcharng, on 02 November 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

Well, when was the last time 1v2 (flight) happened for you?

they forbid the MM from doing so a few versions ago, and you can certainly have that before that version.

This dispute can be as simple as a matter of game versions.

Less than a week ago. I was flighted with mitchell and he and I both felt bad for the guy on the other team.



vcharng #32 Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3882 battles
  • 872
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 02 November 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

Less than a week ago. I was flighted with mitchell and he and I both felt bad for the guy on the other team.

Well the most likely case would be there's a human player (with a very bot-ish nickname) that you didn't find out...



Captain_Underpants53 #33 Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24138 battles
  • 3,500
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postvcharng, on 05 November 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

Well the most likely case would be there's a human player (with a very bot-ish nickname) that you didn't find out...

But you will find out in the after action report.  Bot-ish nickname or not.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #34 Posted 05 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Bot-ish ?

Are they from the northern part of Botland and play the bagpipes ?



Captain_Underpants53 #35 Posted 05 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24138 battles
  • 3,500
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
And they like the Haggis!  Which I recently learned comes from the Greek word Hagis meaning 'to throw up'.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Moonrider #36 Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2477 battles
  • 297
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 November 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

And they like the Haggis!  Which I recently learned comes from the Greek word Hagis meaning 'to throw up'.



Spoken like someone who's never tasted  haggis. I tried it and I liked it!

I like grits too, and scrapple.

 


Slap a mask on a drunk and you're going to have trouble. It's like having a live reenactment of anonymous forum comments.


Marraskuu #37 Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11883 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View PostMoonrider, on 05 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:



Spoken like someone who's never tasted  haggis. I tried it and I liked it!

I like grits too, and scrapple.

 

 

How painful was it to have your tastebuds removed?


 
 
Han shot first.

Captain_Underpants53 #38 Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24138 battles
  • 3,500
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostMoonrider, on 05 November 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:



Spoken like someone who's never tasted  haggis. I tried it and I liked it!

I like grits too, and scrapple.

 


Grits and xcrapple are good food!  Haggis is foul offal.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)





Also tagged with Matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users