Jump to content


there some thing i am not getting


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

sandtiger #1 Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 23628 battles
  • 1,649
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

i not get some thing i was in a match with my rb 17 vs and fj1... i had 3 parts of the map then in less than 1  min this fj1 had all the map peace before my bombs where reload  i do not get what makes  this happen... or why it is allowed to happen .. it make no scents to me what so ever  but maybe i am missing some thing  i no it was a 1v1 and it was me and the fj1 we  where  the only two humans   i do not get what happen to flip  all the garrison all at  once ...it was that new map that has all the garrison in the desert where there is no  other map peace  no cc no military base just garrison

it felt like someone  of just flipped a switch that change every base to the other team  so wired  i just know  the fj1 can not fly that fast  not plane can  and most of his bots where on the side of the map that he started then magic there cap every base in less then a min  i well never get this anyone have any ideas on how this can happen

or what may have happen that i am missing


Edited by sandtiger, 29 October 2019 - 06:35 AM.


vcharng #2 Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4678 battles
  • 1,136
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

Three words:

Bot efficiency bias.

 

There's only you and them as the human players, but bots do affect the outcome as well.



hoom #3 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:02 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12999 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

This is why bomber gameplay is cancer.

You just have no control of what caps get flipped by who, its all down to RNGesus deciding when the bots decide to go rambo and when they just fly around doing nothing.

Your teammate is nearly guaranteed to be some 100 battle noob who has a hard time getting a single kill vs a bot so you can't expect any help there :facepalm:

 

Flying a normal Light/Heavy/MR fighter I can nearly always rely on me to cap the important cap/s & hold at least one for a good chunk of time -> guarantee the win.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:26 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6286 battles
  • 3,358
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Posthoom, on 29 October 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

This is why bomber gameplay is cancer.

You just have no control of what caps get flipped by who, its all down to RNGesus deciding when the bots decide to go rambo and when they just fly around doing nothing.

Your teammate is nearly guaranteed to be some 100 battle noob who has a hard time getting a single kill vs a bot so you can't expect any help there :facepalm:

 

Flying a normal Light/Heavy/MR fighter I can nearly always rely on me to cap the important cap/s & hold at least one for a good chunk of time -> guarantee the win.

 

Depends on the map and depends on the bomber. The Ju287 and EF131 can struggle on maps with lots of garrisons and airbases but a pure cancer on maps with Mining Plants and Missile Bases. The Russians are the opposite and struggle with large cap points up until the Su-10 which frankly has no real weaknesses at least when fully specialized

 

You are, like most other airplanes, somewhat at the mercy of the bots on either team (I had a match over the weekend where 9k PP, 6k PP against air targets and over 300 capture points in a Typhoon was not enough to stop a solo carry by a 14k PP bot in a Ki-93) but certain bombers are much more capable of dictating the pace of the battle than most other airplanes, especially on specific maps. 


Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 29 October 2019 - 09:58 AM.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


vcharng #5 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4678 battles
  • 1,136
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View Posthoom, on 29 October 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

This is why bomber gameplay is cancer.

 

Glad to hear it's not just me thinking bombers have next to zero influence......



hoom #6 Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:12 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12999 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

  The Ju287 and EF131 can struggle on maps with lots of garrisons and airbases but a pure cancer on maps with Mining Plants and Missile Bases.

 When you absolutely destroy the gameplay of all the other bombers to nerf two, you haven't actually addressed the problem, just made life completely miserable for everyone else.

(not attacking you, my complaint is with WG)


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 6286 battles
  • 3,358
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Posthoom, on 29 October 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

 When you absolutely destroy the gameplay of all the other bombers to nerf two, you haven't actually addressed the problem, just made life completely miserable for everyone else.

(not attacking you, my complaint is with WG)

 

These two are post nerf(s). The turret nerf was aimed at the B-32 which honestly needed it. I personally think the nerf really only hurt the US bombers seriously - the German and Russian bombers were never the best defended to begin with so after a couple of weeks I got on with the program and have been having fun since. If I were to choose, I would say that the worst affected are the tier 4 bombers. Otherwise it isn't really that problematic except for the poor B-17s.

 

Once you hit tier 6 for the Russians or tier 7 for the Germans, bombers become strong enough to hold their own and at tier 9/10 the bombers just become insane: the Tu-12 can turnfight the XF-90 (in fact I've witnessed Reitousair successfully dogfight another very vocal form-member in a specialized XF-90 while flying an unspecialized Tu-12) while the Ju287 and EF131 have 1km+ 20mm gunners strapped onto planes with up to and over 1000kph 40s boost with operational ceilings of 3km and 30s reload on four massive nukes that can one-shot medium targets.

 

And the less said about the Su-10 the better. That thing is completely broken once fully Spec'd and Ultimated.

 

I strongly encourage you to give bombers a try and have a look at some good bomber gameplay. They really aren't hard to master and the Ju287, EF131 and Su-10 are positively game breaking right now


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


losttwo #8 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10978 battles
  • 15,351
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

No sandtiger you are not missing anything.

I have noticed the same thing when I fly my bombers and it is a 1 vs 1 match.

Due to the fact I am still learning bomber tactics i can not provide any advice or suggestions.

I have not even been able to manipulate the command keys when in a bomber.

 

Can I give reasons that the phenomenon happens.

Without going into squirrel conspiracy theories, No I can not give any reasons.

 

There are just some games that no matter what you fly you can't maintain the captured sectors.

 

Perhaps there is an underlying hidden algorithm of plane type vs plane type that establishes the difficulty of a given map.

Sort of like in single player games with : New, Easy, Medium, Hard, Difficult, GOD mode LEVELS.



White_Widow18 #9 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postsandtiger, on 29 October 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

i not get some thing i was in a match with my rb 17 vs and fj1... i had 3 parts of the map then in less than 1  min this fj1 had all the map peace before my bombs where reload  i do not get what makes  this happen... or why it is allowed to happen .. it make no scents to me what so ever  but maybe i am missing some thing  i no it was a 1v1 and it was me and the fj1 we  where  the only two humans   i do not get what happen to flip  all the garrison all at  once ...it was that new map that has all the garrison in the desert where there is no  other map peace  no cc no military base just garrison

it felt like someone  of just flipped a switch that change every base to the other team  so wired  i just know  the fj1 can not fly that fast  not plane can  and most of his bots where on the side of the map that he started then magic there cap every base in less then a min  i well never get this anyone have any ideas on how this can happen

or what may have happen that i am missing


Bots + Bot controls + selective killing on the FJ-1's part can end up creating this situation. Any competent player in a LF, MRF, Heavy, or even a GAA has an advantage over a bomber in terms of actually winning a game. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now.. to clear some things up.

The EF-131's maximum dive speed is 590 MPH, that roughly translates to 950kph. That's its maximum dive speed. The Su-10 tops out at 571 mph or about 920 KPH for maximum dive speed. Note that -neither- of them are "up to and over 1000 KPH". Boost is the same as virtually any other bomber, between 45-60 seconds worth of base boost and just like any bomber, that takes a while to wind it up to full speed. With maxxed gear and 13-15 point pilots, you can achieve and maintain that maximum dive speed in level flight for a while, just like every other bomber. 

MiG-15bis - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
F-86A - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
F7U - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
XF-90 - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
ME 262 HG III - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Javelin - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Swift - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
P.1101 - 621 MPH/1000 KPH
B.V. P215-02 - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
Hunter - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Yak-30 - 590 MPH/950 KPH
J7W3 - 590 MPH/950 KPH
P.1102 B - 559 MPH/900 KPH
Note that all but the bottom three planes in my list out-run the T10 bombers and if you're good with feathering boost and energy retention flight you can run down a bomber in all but those bottom three with varying degrees of ease. Now, why did I include a GAA? Because I've killed quite a few low level bomber pilots in it.

On to the turret ranges though.
EF-131 - 4265 feet/1300 meters maximum firing distance rated at a 297 cumulative damage. Distance drop off on damage being what it is though.
Su-10 - 3839 feet/1170 meters maximum firing distance rated at a 407 cumulative damage. Distance drop off on damage again, being what it is.
That gives an aware bomber pilot about 1.5-2 seconds to shoot someone before they close the gap to where they are now firing on you.. except their guns are -much- bigger. These are both -well- over a kilometer.. but the RB-17 and the B-32 are not far behind... and this is using a special project turret sight and high point gunners to determine the ranges.

The -faster- reload is the EF-131 and it is 35s, the SU-10 is 48s (and that's assuming best hardpoint and that you run hardpoints. Some folks run bombsights on the SU-10). Neither of them are 30s.

Cumulative damage for the EF-131's bombs is 48000 and the SU-10 is 61600.

My B-32 on the other hand... which is only t7...
B-32: 189200 cumulative bomb damage with a 55 second reload and 435 MPH with a turret range of 3432 feet with a cumulative damage of 528.

Sure though, T10 bombers are "broken" and a "cancer"... I needed a laugh this morning, so thank you for that!


Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 29 October 2019 - 01:48 PM.


White_Widow18 #10 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Oh.. and I did want to say this: 

"When you absolutely destroy the gameplay of all the other bombers to nerf two, you haven't actually addressed the problem, just made life completely miserable for everyone else.

(not attacking you, my complaint is with WG)" - hoom

_THIS_ I agree with. The B-32s turrets needed a nerf of some sort, so did the RB-17, and the IL-40/40p. Instead, they took the nerf bat to -all- turrets in the game. What this did, in effect, was to make turrets almost entirely useless except in a handful of planes and even then, they are now -barely- useful. They should have adjusted those planes individually and not nerfed them -as- hard as they did even, as it took away key strengths of those planes entirely. Nerfing all turrets was a mistake and it -has- made flying many turretted planes... a chore shall we say?

Now, the thing is... the t7-10 German and Russian bombers? All came in -after- that nerf. They were -designed- -around- that nerf. That means if they roll the turret nerf back, they may need to rebalance those turrets or else they could end up overpowered for their tiers. As they stand right now.. several are under powered and a few are rightly workable (the ones they were aiming at with the nerf and the 287/131 being the only ones that have now properly workable turrets).. and I won't lie.. the turrets on the SU-10 -are- kinda OP already if they get in close at range.. not so much (because of that nerf).. so even I feel bad when a heavy comes at me from above and behind.


Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 29 October 2019 - 01:49 PM.


Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 35014 battles
  • 5,781
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 29 October 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:


Bots + Bot controls + selective killing on the FJ-1's part can end up creating this situation. Any competent player in a LF, MRF, Heavy, or even a GAA has an advantage over a bomber in terms of actually winning a game. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now.. to clear some things up.

The EF-131's maximum dive speed is 590 MPH, that roughly translates to 950kph. That's its maximum dive speed. The Su-10 tops out at 571 mph or about 920 KPH for maximum dive speed. Note that -neither- of them are "up to and over 1000 KPH". Boost is the same as virtually any other bomber, between 45-60 seconds worth of base boost and just like any bomber, that takes a while to wind it up to full speed. With maxxed gear and 13-15 point pilots, you can achieve and maintain that maximum dive speed in level flight for a while, just like every other bomber. 

MiG-15bis - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
F-86A - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
F7U - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
XF-90 - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
ME 262 HG III - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Javelin - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Swift - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
P.1101 - 621 MPH/1000 KPH
B.V. P215-02 - 683 MPH/1100 KPH
Hunter - 745 MPH/1200 KPH
Yak-30 - 590 MPH/950 KPH
J7W3 - 590 MPH/950 KPH
P.1102 B - 559 MPH/900 KPH
Note that all but the bottom three planes in my list out-run the T10 bombers and if you're good with feathering boost and energy retention flight you can run down a bomber in all but those bottom three with varying degrees of ease. Now, why did I include a GAA? Because I've killed quite a few low level bomber pilots in it.

On to the turret ranges though.
EF-131 - 4265 feet/1300 meters maximum firing distance rated at a 297 cumulative damage. Distance drop off on damage being what it is though.
Su-10 - 3839 feet/1170 meters maximum firing distance rated at a 407 cumulative damage. Distance drop off on damage again, being what it is.
That gives an aware bomber pilot about 1.5-2 seconds to shoot someone before they close the gap to where they are now firing on you.. except their guns are -much- bigger. These are both -well- over a kilometer.. but the RB-17 and the B-32 are not far behind... and this is using a special project turret sight and high point gunners to determine the ranges.

The -faster- reload is the EF-131 and it is 35s, the SU-10 is 48s (and that's assuming best hardpoint and that you run hardpoints. Some folks run bombsights on the SU-10). Neither of them are 30s.

Cumulative damage for the EF-131's bombs is 48000 and the SU-10 is 616000.

My B-32 on the other hand... which is only t7...
B-32: 189200 cumulative bomb damage with a 55 second reload and 435 MPH with a turret range of 3432 feet with a cumulative damage of 528.

Sure though, T10 bombers are "broken" and a "cancer"... I needed a laugh this morning, so thank you for that!

I think you meant to say the cumulative damage for the Su-10 is 61600?


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5154 battles
  • 5,921
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 29 October 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

 

And the less said about the Su-10 the better. That thing is completely broken once fully Spec'd and Ultimated.

 

 

I flew the Su-10 a few times.  I noticed that once I figured out the reload/time-to-target calculations, I could fly around in an unspecialized one and just crush.  I can't even imagine what a specialized one could do.  I don't even fly it now, because of how easy it feel to just own in it.  I might take it up again to grind for specialist, but I didn't find the gameplay much fun.  Flying the Gobling for specialist?  Much more of a challenge.

 

I agree that the B-32 needed a turret nerf, but I think they might have gone too far.  The Germans never needed a turret nerf, especially at the lower tiers.  Flying around, looking for mostly-dead aircraft to use the turret on during the specialization grind is ridiculous.  Holding off heavy fighters at 1.2km with insta-crit guns is also ridiculous.



White_Widow18 #13 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 29 October 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

I think you meant to say the cumulative damage for the Su-10 is 61600?

Yup. Editing that now. I had a few other typos I caught, but missed that one. LOL

Oh... and if we want to talk about broken? How about every heavy fighter in the game? You only have to target two types of planes to max out your chevrons and -by- headhunting those two types of planes you can effectively stop the entire ground pound game of the opposing team. Effectively taking out 4 planes and -keeping- them off the board gives your team a -serious- advantage. Being fully rewarded and -encouraged- to -only- do this also lends to the broken aspect.. but what do I know.. I just suck at anything that has to hit a moving target except HFs because of my framerate (usually hovers around 15 FPS).

I mean.. seriously.. you have to either have -badly- miscalculated or just be -bad- not to toast every bomber and GAA on the map -repeatedly- without ever taking much damage. I've made the former mistake (badly miscalculating) a few times myself and sure.. a bomber pilot can capitalize on that and kill you in very embarassing ways if they know how to force the mistake -and- put themselves in a place to take advantage of them... but really though.. we want to talk about something broken in the game? Headhunting from heavies encouraged for players and hard-wired into the bots. THAT is the "cancer" as far as I am concerned.


Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 29 October 2019 - 01:58 PM.


hoom #14 Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:54 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12999 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 I strongly encourage you to give bombers a try and have a look at some good bomber gameplay. They really aren't hard to master and the Ju287, EF131 and Su-10 are positively game breaking right now

 I think you're misinterpreting.

I have played bombers, I'm saying its noxiously unpleasant to play them with the way the game is now.

 

I played 4-5 battles in Ju 288C yesterday, all losses by large margins, I think my low score was about 9000pp, a 14000 & couple of 12000.

Mostly I more than doubled the next score on my team but because my bombs failed to secure ground kills & my teammates were useless the enemy got Superiority.

And that was a day when the Bomber Seeking Missile Heavy bots actually largely left me alone.

 

The German T9 & T10 are super powerful, maybe RB 17 & Su 10 as well, its to deal with them that the Bomber Seeking Missile Bots came about and its ruined gameplay for the other bombers.

 

The rest have tiny peashooters, inferior speed and agility, somehow are supposed to evade or destroy Bomber Seeking Missile Heavy Bots while flying from manual tailgunner, simultaneously managing time-on-distance to be over targets, on a good line, as bombs finish reloading & dodging flak while popping back into bombsight to briefly fly straight while dropping so that bombs actually land on target.

And then you land 3 bombs on a Medium target and RNGesus decides that you only killed the tents.

 

When they nerfed Demolition Expert I was ok with it because it really was too easy to secure ground target kills but in the rare case I can survive the Bomber Seeking Missile Heavies long enough to actually get some bombing done I just can't secure target kills whether I go high or low unless I massively over-kill -> any progress gets near-instantly lost by my retarded bots dying over the cap before I can reload.

 

I'm not saying Heavies shouldn't come after Bombers, I'm saying they should be possible to shake/distract/outrun like normal bots and they shouldn't just home in straight at you from the other side of the map.

I should fear having a player Heavy on the enemy team but I get excited because it means I'll only have to deal with one Bomber Seeking Missile because human Heavies only rarely come Bomber hunting.

 

Then there's the either completely [edited] design decisions/rogue game behaviour where Flak is still hitting you a cap diameter out & the random machinegun hits that reset your auto-heal timeout despite being at 3000+m and at least the same from any other plane while trying to skirt round the main furball areas.

 

On top of that the glitchy as [edited]tailgunner transition where half the time the gunner just doesn't fire until you re-click, absolutely massive dead-zones on a lot of the planes and aim-behaviour that causes aim to move back to centre the instant an enemy is out of range/angle & absolutely no pre-aim following the mouse cursor -> most of the time that an enemy is nominally in range the guns don't actually fire.

You want to manoeuvre on the off chance of making yourself a less easy target?

Despite your gunner having the aim-speed boost skill and running aim-speed boosting Equipment, Nope! The slightest turn throws that gunner right off and massively decreases your already piddly dps.

And then in the rare case you get gunner on target, enemy missing/outranged & knocking down his health at reasonable rate, that [edited]knows exactly when to turn to disengage and not die, he'll go heal-up and hit you just as you cross into the next cap on your bombing run.

 

F3 to guard you? Lol, you got assigned a Zero.

F2 to try to send it elsewhere -> [edited]no, we're sending the Heavy there.

F3 again 'yo its your ace pilot guardian zero reporting in again, I'm 2000m below you and 6km behind'

You tried F4ing the Bomber Seeking Missile Heavy while it was just a dot because you saw it on the radar & you can literally see that your friendly bot Heavy is practically on top of him? Nope that zero got assigned it, he's still 2000m below and dogfighting something at the moment but I'm sure he'll make it to where the Heavy is now, oooh maybe in about 2 hours.

 

Its not fun its broken and it sucks.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #15 Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:02 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
My only quibble, hoom, is that the headhunting heavies chasing bots down like bloodhounds existed before the American bombers even were dropped (I can't vouch for before that, as I didn't play before that). Technically WG has told us repeatedly that they have fixed that heat-seeking tendency... but uh.. yea.. doesn't seem that way unless you're running NRE (which is only available t8+) and know the -exact- positions on the map to stay in the blind spot of their -entire- team :/ 

I still watch heavies literally spawn and bee-line at me while I am off in the middle of nowhere on the other side of the map. :( 

The main bomber nerf was the nerf to the turrets' range and damage to my understanding/knowledge.

hoom #16 Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12999 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 My only quibble, hoom, is that the headhunting heavies chasing bots down like bloodhounds existed before the American bombers even were dropped

 They did but it was rare and not focused soley on Bombers, sometimes they'd just come at you no matter what you were in.

Now its nearly every battle and nearly exclusively aimed at Bombers.

Even when previously absent it instantly kicks in when the 2min to Squall line timer comes up.

 

NRE is probably really handy once fully Calibrated, Ultimate with Rebuilds to get the extra 15% concealment bonuses on Specialist T9/10 German bombers but entirely useless for all but 5 out of 19 other Bombers and even those not until Specialised.

I've got 24.8% concealment on my Ju 288C and it gets hunted just like any other bomber.

 

Maybe it gets tolerable when you buy Specialist, crank up NRE to full calibrated Ultimate, stack it with the 4* Seasonal

cammos, add Ultimate bomb sights & a 15pt crew.

But if thats whats needed to make Bombers fun There. Is. Something. Wrong.

 

I can go out & do well with an un-specialised Light with no equipment & a skill-less pilot but no matter what I try Bombers are just cancer to play & WG has given no indication whatsoever that it gives a damn.


Edited by hoom, 29 October 2019 - 02:32 PM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

White_Widow18 #17 Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Posthoom, on 29 October 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

 They did but it was rare and not focused soley on Bombers, sometimes they'd just come at you no matter what you were in.

Now its nearly every battle and nearly exclusively aimed at Bombers.

Even when previously absent it instantly kicks in when the 2min to Squall line timer comes up.

 

NRE is probably really handy once fully Calibrated, Ultimate with Rebuilds to get the extra 15% concealment bonuses on Specialist T9/10 German bombers but entirely useless for all but 5 out of 19 other Bombers and even those not until Specialised.

I've got 24.8% concealment on my Ju 288C and it gets hunted just like any other bomber.

 

Maybe it gets tolerable when you buy Specialist, crank up NRE to full calibrated Ultimate, stack it with the 4* Seasonal

cammos, add Ultimate bomb sights & a 15pt crew.

But if thats whats needed to make Bombers fun There. Is. Something. Wrong.

 

I can go out & do well with an un-specialised Light with no equipment & a skill-less pilot but no matter what I try Bombers are just cancer to play & WG has given no indication whatsoever that it gives a damn.

Specialist, full NRE, full seasonal camo, full 15 point air crew, and far too many hours logged.. and you become quite adept at bombers of any tier/can pick them up fairly quickly.. but you'll be moving that air crew and token-ing for specialist or only half-doing it and tokening the rest of the way unless you hate yourself... and just.. bluntly, as far as I am concerned.. t4-6 bombers are practically unplayable except the Do-217M(and it basically can only be played -one- way now and that reduces its efficacy significantly) and A-26B. I mean.. I can Crazy Ivan up the Russian bombers and suicide-zerg and hope my team grabs airfield so I have less distance to jog... but meh? I can't speak on the T7/8 German bombers. I skipped those when the event happened and went straight to 9. Had the Do-217M for a long while before that though and enjoyed it and its ability to go up/down/up/up/up quite a bit. At T7, the American owns the tier, there is no question about that. I will say that the Russian T7, if flown properly, can be quite a load of fun and quite dangerous. Unless there's a B-32 overhead on the opposing team.. then you're still hosed. The only standout of t4-6 as far as I am concerned is the A-26B and even it struggles, I wouldn't call it a "carry" plane as a rule.. the rest.. bahahaha. Put them against a wall and give me a hammer, cause those guys just get NAILED by ANY player that wants to and all the bots. Can I, and a select few others, do well in those even? Yes. We've also spent -way- too much time on specifically honing those skills and creating high point air crews. Bombers are our niche. That's cool and all, but... I know how painful that climb was for me. I started out in German bombers, then the Americans dropped and I got those three and then I spent -far- too many hours in my B-32 learning the fine points of carpet bombing the snot out of things while constantly being zoomed in on by jets and they decided they needed to mega-nerf the turrets on it and every other bomber... which.. once that happened.. I stopped playing every other bomber because it was the only -really- workable one for a middling-skill bomber pilot (which I was at the time). Now, I can, if I spend the resources to move gear and air crews and paint 'em up real nice.. perform well in any bomber in the game except the T7/8 germans which I still haven't acquired... but again.. we're back to massive amounts of resources expended and insane #s of hours flying the plane to master it thoroughly enough that I can confidently fly -through- a furball and pick up 5 or 6 kill assists -while- bombing what's underneath into rubble. T3 bombers are a surprisingly effective set, even when they get set into a 3/4 match. T4 are fine I'll grant when in a T4/3 match.. in a T4/5 match... BAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're just fodder for Beaufighters, P-38s, SE-100s, and every other bloody heavy unless you're at insane levels of skill and resources sunk. T5/6 though.. just.. pain... without all that time and resources sunk.

Bombers are a money/time sink and sometimes I think that's the point of bombers *shrug* I enjoy them.. but it's because I've spent the asinine # of hours and a not inconsiderable amount of $$ (my christmas money I saved until the bomber event. It wasn't a lot by most people's standards, but sure was by mine).



Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:08 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 35014 battles
  • 5,781
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
Well, you gotta plan to die a lot.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TheWildManWilly #19 Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 4798 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Posthoom, on 29 October 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

This is why bomber gameplay is cancer.

You just have no control of what caps get flipped by who, its all down to RNGesus deciding when the bots decide to go rambo and when they just fly around doing nothing.

Your teammate is nearly guaranteed to be some 100 battle noob who has a hard time getting a single kill vs a bot so you can't expect any help there :facepalm:

 

Flying a normal Light/Heavy/MR fighter I can nearly always rely on me to cap the important cap/s & hold at least one for a good chunk of time -> guarantee the win.


Yeah. One almost has to fly a multi-role or heavy fighter to win a game anymore.  Kill a few GTs to help take a sector and then go high for the bombers while the bombs regen.  Seems like the game ought to be much better at this point as far as creating a realistic battle environment.



hoom #20 Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:22 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12999 battles
  • 2,627
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 Specialist, full NRE, full seasonal camo, full 15 point air crew, and far too many hours logged.. and you become quite adept at bombers of any tier/can pick them up fairly quickly.. but you'll be moving that air crew and token-ing for specialist or only half-doing it and tokening the rest of the way unless you hate yourself... and just.. bluntly, as far as I am concerned.. t4-6 bombers are practically unplayable

 So you finally admit that most of the bombers are practically unplayable in the current state of the game.

 

I don't just need some skills, I need to buy the T9/10 Germans, a 15pt crew, token skip to Specialist & mount Ultimate Equipment.

THAT MEANS THEY'RE BROKEN.

 

If I a relatively good player can't make them work and you a 'bomber specialist' say they're pretty much unplayable how the heck is a regular potato going to make them work?

 


Edited by hoom, 02 November 2019 - 08:34 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users