Jump to content


Legendary Trials: Thunder vs Tempest


  • Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 1,079
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

It's high time to choose the most effective multirole fighter through all western allied warbirds! How will we do it? With the help of competition of course!

Full news text

Spoiler

 


Edited by blindfoId, 22 October 2019 - 12:11 PM.


losttwo #2 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,986
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
:medal:

ebp_si #3 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:46 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2927 battles
  • 86
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-29-2019
Arrgghh!  I don't have any of those planes.  I can probably attain the Tornado before the event starts.  Should I bother?

KAIM_INVICTUS #4 Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 9252 battles
  • 23
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
  • Member since:
    01-24-2015
Whatever I choose any category, it will be the best opportunity for me.

Edited by KAIM_INVICTUS, 22 October 2019 - 12:49 PM.


Deciballistic #5 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4945 battles
  • 57
  • [I_D] I_D
  • Member since:
    07-22-2018

View Postebp_si, on 22 October 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Arrgghh!  I don't have any of those planes.  I can probably attain the Tornado before the event starts.  Should I bother?

 

Good thing I did the Christmas event last year or I wouldn't have any of these planes either.  Going to be a struggle this weekend as I am out of town on Sunday and have an event to go to on Saturday, so not sure how I will fare this time.



hoom #6 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10208 battles
  • 2,013
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hmm, I've got 9 of these & some really favourite planes.

Feel kinda tempted to just spam F4U-1 again since it worked out very well previously... except I've moved my Pilot up to F4U-4 which I bought in the discount but haven't flown/upgraded/kitted out yet & the replacement pilot is very noobie.

 

Might Tornado/Tempest it.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:57 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • 2,741
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Not quite sure what I'll fly yet but the Tiffy, Tempest and Hunter are all on the table, as is the Starfire.

***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


DamienSked #8 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 2063 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011
For those who want to track their own stats... WOWP Thunder vs Tempest Tracker

SgtSchlautter #9 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6645 battles
  • 182
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hm, very interesting. I don't want to give away my strategies to anyone, but I've got a pretty good idea of how to be efficient with this event. Here, I'll give u guys one hint so how the scoring works will be understood a bit better. First, this event only counts the personal points earned for DAMAGING aerial targets. This means kill stealing a plane at 1 HP won't give hardly any points at all. Yes, u get like 200 points for a kill on an enemy plane, but those points don't count (this concept means it is going to be extremely hard for players to track their progress since I don't think the post battle results show this stat). ONLY the points earned by removing HP from a target. Think about this, it isn't so much about getting 20 kills. It's about dealing the most amount of damage to flying targets as possible. I am not going to say any more on the strategy for that. However, I will give one more piece of advice. Notice the wording of the event: "points earned for damaging AERIAL targets." Whenever there r mission marathons, the wording is imperative to knowing what counts and what doesn't count. Aerial targets means any target that flies other than allied planes. So, air defense, enemy planes, and bomber flights all count. Alright, that's all i'm saying for this event. Saying anymore and I fear someone will get the strategy of this event and steal one of my top 5 spots. Good luck everyone!

 

Overall, it seems a little weird that this event only is based on damage to aerial targets since the only options are multiroles. This essentially means multiroles will have to play like fighters during this event. (that is another bonus hint to strategy for this event). Hope this post helps someone


Edited by SgtSchlautter, 22 October 2019 - 02:24 PM.


hoom #10 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10208 battles
  • 2,013
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I was thinking similar thing indeed.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24104 battles
  • 3,494
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 22 October 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Hm, very interesting. I don't want to give away my strategies to anyone, but I've got a pretty good idea of how to be efficient with this event. Here, I'll give u guys one hint so how the scoring works will be understood a bit better. First, this event only counts the personal points earned for DAMAGING aerial targets. This means kill stealing a plane at 1 HP won't give hardly any points at all. Yes, u get like 200 points for a kill on an enemy plane, but those points don't count (this concept means it is going to be extremely hard for players to track their progress since I don't think the post battle results show this stat). ONLY the points earned by removing HP from a target. Think about this, it isn't so much about getting 20 kills. It's about dealing the most amount of damage to flying targets as possible. I am not going to say any more on the strategy for that. However, I will give one more piece of advice. Notice the wording of the event: "points earned for damaging AERIAL targets." Whenever there r mission marathons, the wording is imperative to knowing what counts and what doesn't count. Aerial targets means any target that flies other than allied planes. So, air defense, enemy planes, and bomber flights all count. Alright, that's all i'm saying for this event. Saying anymore and I fear someone will get the strategy of this event and steal one of my top 5 spots. Good luck everyone!

 

Overall, it seems a little weird that this event only is based on damage to aerial targets since the only options are multiroles. This essentially means multiroles will have to play like fighters during this event. (that is another bonus hint to strategy for this event). Hope this post helps someone

Actually. I've noticed in the past that you can never be sure if ADA are included as aerial targets, or not.  Seems to be back and forth.

 

And it just occurred to me that GAA and bombers (shudder) are giant flying bags of HP.    :hiding:


Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 22 October 2019 - 02:40 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

blindfoId #12 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,320
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 22 October 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Yes, u get like 200 points for a kill on an enemy plane, but those points don't count (this concept means it is going to be extremely hard for players to track their progress since I don't think the post battle results show this stat).

 Aerial targets means any target that flies other than allied planes. So, air defense, enemy planes, and bomber flights all count. 

 

Actually, it can be easily tracked. There's a line "For damaging aerial targets" when you hover over your personal points on the post-battle screen.

Yep, this means all aerial targets count. 



SgtSchlautter #13 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:45 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6645 battles
  • 182
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 22 October 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Actually. I've noticed in the past that you can never be sure if ADA are included as aerial targets, or not.  Seems to be back and forth.

 

And it just occurred to me that GAA and bombers (shudder) are giant flying bags of HP.    :hiding:

 

It's all about the wording of the requirements. If it says "enemy planes," then ADA don't count. However, if it says "aerial targets," then they do. At least, that is the way it has been for every mission marathon I've done in the past

 

PS: I think i've given too much of a hint :( 


Edited by SgtSchlautter, 22 October 2019 - 02:48 PM.


SgtSchlautter #14 Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6645 battles
  • 182
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 22 October 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

 

Actually, it can be easily tracked. There's a line "For damaging aerial targets" when you hover over your personal points on the post-battle screen.

Yep, this means all aerial targets count. 

oh, thanks for the confirmation :D I thought there might be a way to track it, but I wasn't positive just going off of memory



blindfoId #15 Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,320
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 22 October 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

And it just occurred to me that GAA and bombers (shudder) are giant flying bags of HP.    :hiding:

 

You receive 10 Personal Points for every 1% of the target's HP. So, probably, GAAs and bombers are not such good targets except for the fact that it might be harder to hit the maneuvering targets. 

 

View PostSgtSchlautter, on 22 October 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

oh, thanks for the confirmation :D I thought there might be a way to track it, but I wasn't positive just going off of memory

 

You're always welcome :honoring:



SgtSchlautter #16 Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6645 battles
  • 182
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 22 October 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

 

You receive 10 Personal Points for every 1% of the target's HP. So, probably, GAAs and bombers are not such good targets except for the fact that it might be harder to hit the maneuvering targets. 

 

. . . Wait. . . REALLY?! Wow thanks for the insight into the game mechanics. That seems pretty janky the way that's setup though. Hmm, so if this mechanic is true, then tier would not make a difference as to PP earned. My thought process was flying high tiers shooting at bombers would yield the most points due to the greater amount of damage done... thus higher PP earned. I suppose this is not true then. This brings up another question then blindfold. Does tier matter? As in, does shooting higher tier planes or lower tier planes yield different PP? If so, it would be advantageous to be uptiered and shooting at fragile higher tier planes. One more question: Does shooting enemy planes yield a different amount of PP for damaging aerial targets? As in shooting enemy planes yield 10 PP per 1% of the HP done to the plane versus maybe 8 PP per 1% of HP done to air defense planes and bomber flights?



pyantoryng #17 Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2171 battles
  • 8,444
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostblindfoId, on 22 October 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

 

You receive 10 Personal Points for every 1% of the target's HP. So, probably, GAAs and bombers are not such good targets except for the fact that it might be harder to hit the maneuvering targets. 

 

 

 

This explains the full plane = 1000 points thing I had going on for so long...doesn't matter what type, a whole plane gives 1000 points when brought down from 100 to 0, ADA half that.

 

So...this time it counts all points but not the 200 from destruction?


Edited by pyantoryng, 22 October 2019 - 06:50 PM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Marraskuu #18 Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11881 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
There's only one multi-role and we know what it is.
 
 
Han shot first.

Stygian_Alchemist #19 Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:17 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11401 battles
  • 2,245
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Hmm... I am going to be torn on what to fly... I have several of these in specialist. The "Damage to Aerial Targets" bit makes certain choices -painfully- obvious in terms of the planes on that list.

If I were a betting Woman... I'd bet the sky is literally -filled- with F-94Ds this weekend.

crzyhawk #20 Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3601 battles
  • 582
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

I'm not really good enough to stand much of a shot, but I'll probably give it a shot anyways.  My F4U-1 is probably the best multi-role dogfighter I currently have outside of my Seafang.  I'm thinking that a T6 will have the best MM, being able to chunk low HP T5's for big damage with those 20mm.  It would probably behoove me to fly it clean too.

 

EDIT:  I just saw that specializing it took away my 500 lbers.  That makes me a sad panda, will definitely have to fly clean this weekend.


Edited by crzyhawk, 23 October 2019 - 12:05 AM.

Specialist A/C

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; P-47B; F4U-1,-4ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K |

UK: Goldfinch; Type 224; Wirraway; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spitfire I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang Ia; Japan: A6M2; A6M3 (exp); Ki61 |

Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E-3, G; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40 M-105 |  EU: B534; S199





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users