Daily Downtime and J-21

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

vcharng #1 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:46 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3740 battles

Sorry for mixing two questions in one thread.

Do we still have the daily downtime for maintenance? I checked around the devs announcements and... for some reason it looks like it doesn't... devs are notifying ppl for 30 minute downtimes, that usually won't happen if there are daily maintenance times.

Also I saw the J-21 from Sweden, been always a fan of this plane... so tell me, is it good? what kind of playstyle should I use if I fly it?

hoom #2 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9976 battles
Downtime Starts on the hour in about 10mins.

Edited by hoom, 12 October 2019 - 08:48 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

vcharng #3 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:49 AM

• 3740 battles

View Posthoom, on 12 October 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Downtime Starts on the hour in about 10mins.

Thanks, so it still exists....

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4849 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postvcharng, on 12 October 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Also I saw the J-21 from Sweden, been always a fan of this plane... so tell me, is it good? what kind of playstyle should I use if I fly it?

Reitousair is now on his 25th Gabreski medal with the J21R but I haven't seen anyone else having any success with it so I defer to him. From what I can gather is that its a good all-round airplane but lacking in forward firepower with its main advantages being excellent controllability and a decent sized payload.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 12 October 2019 - 08:53 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #5 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:55 AM

• 3740 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 12 October 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

Reitousair is now on his 25th Gabreski medal with the J21R but I haven't seen anyone else having any success with it so I defer to him. From what I can gather is that its a good all-round airplane but lacking in forward firepower with its main advantages being excellent controllability and a decent sized payload.

If I remember correctly that crazy guy has 85% WR.... His performance in any plane probably won't translate to that of other's....

I am worried about it's maneuverbility, as it looks like it can't out-turn nor out-run a Yak-15...

hoom #6 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9976 battles

There are very few planes that can out-turn a Yak-15.

Out-running it should be generally pretty easy though.

Captain_Rownd #7 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2328 battles
Hehe, I just got on the forum because of server reset  ;D

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4849 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Well, the J21R is slower than the Yak-15 on the flat but dives faster and probably has a lot more boost to spare which the Yak won't. But I can only make theoretical guesses - I don't have the intestinal fortitude to fly that plane given that its firepower rating is identical to the Yak-15 but is in fact shorter ranged than the Yak (800m vs 550m).

I miiiiiiight buy it just to give it a go but I don't expect to do well in it at all.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

vcharng #9 Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

• 3740 battles

View Posthoom, on 12 October 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

There are very few planes that can out-turn a Yak-15.

Out-running it should be generally pretty easy though.

But catalog wise J-21 would have difficulty even out-running a Spit XIV.

hoom #10 Posted 12 October 2019 - 01:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9976 battles
Oh I didn't realise it was slow :unsure:

Reitousair #11 Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

• 10820 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The J21RB is a decent aircraft, wouldn't call it a good plane at all.

I've described it before: "It's like a Sea Hawk but tier 8 where the Sea Hawk statline actually works."

On paper it doesn't look very good but it has excellent dive acceleration and controllability which with proper application makes it very good at running away or dogfighting things. Like the Sea Hawk the boost is pretty powerful and allows you to just kinda... climb, especially with a turbine equipped you pretty much don't lose speed when climbing until you reach red altitude. Do beware of the very low max optimal speed though, the J21RB bricks pretty quickly and doesn't like to drop speed all that fast so you might have problems entering/exiting dives/turns. Also you're probably not going to have much of a chance against most specialized aircraft as they likely have equipment to render any advantages you have moot.

The 20 is very good but mediocre on the accuracy, while the .50 cals are very accurate and will shred things plenty fine once you get close enough. It's surprisngly good at going head-on actually, the firepower while short-ranged is accurate enough to do some damage and you have the healthpool to take a few hits on top of the plane having some armor to lessen the damage taken, don't push your luck against full-health targets though as you WILL lose the DPS race and you will likely lose the ram as well (too lightweight to safely ram.) The ordnance is good and reloads quickly which means it's surprisingly apt at ground pounding.

However, you still suffer from being like the Sea Hawk, you're a decent all-round aircraft with a few good niches but the hardstats just aren't enough to make it good. It's certainly not a bad aircraft, but it can be a bit hard to get used to and requires a fairly familiar hand to wield properly.

Still, just to flex a bit, I've posted this match before but, you know... it's a pretty good match I had:

Spoiler

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users