Out again

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Snprhed #1 Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5202 battles
Wow this place gets so tiring. I love the flying, but the gameplay is awful. I am freaking tired of going against one other person thoroughly out-performing him and losing. This last match I scored 13K points, lots of capture points. My opponent scored 2800 points. There is no world where that can be a desirable outcome for a gaming platform. Yet here we are.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

Major

• 35013 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Sometimes you get the bot bear and sometimes.............  I know how you feel but at times it does work in your favor.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #3 Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:22 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10978 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
It's is not about high score its about superiority.

NovaTempest #4 Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8728 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSnprhed, on 29 September 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Wow this place gets so tiring. I love the flying, but the gameplay is awful. I am freaking tired of going against one other person thoroughly out-performing him and losing. This last match I scored 13K points, lots of capture points. My opponent scored 2800 points. There is no world where that can be a desirable outcome for a gaming platform. Yet here we are.

Sometimes you get handed Gut-churning or heart-tugging losses in this game, sometimes you give it all you got and it still is not enough. Sometimes just a little miscue or a tactical error can become disastrous.

And sometimes a bot will just get lucky.

In these situations there is not much you can do but lick the bruises and move on to the next battle. Though 9 times out of 10 i will take a loss I did an enormous amount in over a win I got to do hardly anything in.

Winning and being unable to do very much at all is - in my opinion - almost as bad as a blowout loss. Though again, this is just my opinion.

See you in the skies OP.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

Major

• 35013 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostNovaTempest, on 29 September 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

Sometimes you get handed Gut-churning or heart-tugging losses in this game, sometimes you give it all you got and it still is not enough. Sometimes just a little miscue or a tactical error can become disastrous.

And sometimes a bot will just get lucky.

In these situations there is not much you can do but lick the bruises and move on to the next battle. Though 9 times out of 10 i will take a loss I did an enormous amount in over a win I got to do hardly anything in.

Winning and being unable to do very much at all is - in my opinion - almost as bad as a blowout loss. Though again, this is just my opinion.

See you in the skies OP.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #6 Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:03 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10978 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

OK I took another look.

I looked at your battle count and stats.

You are sitting with a 48% win rate  in 4700 battle count

Flying mostly GA/Heavy

It might be your lack of variety in your diet.

Try adding some bombers and more fighters

Drunkenstyle #7 Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6469 battles
:popcorn:

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 29 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15496 battles

:child:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

cobra_marksman #9 Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11394 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 29 September 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

its about superiority.

Sorry but it's not about high score, Nor is it about superiority either. .

You have no control on any human players, or the computer bots that are place on your team.

Sometimes you get blind bots, that stay in a capped base, sometime you get players that only attack in airbases so they can fight against fighters only.

Sometimes humans are on daily missions which require them … to.defend an airbase "only " to accomplish their daily's.

There are probably a handful of reasons why you lost to a player with only 2800 points ( you get a 1000 pts. for just staying in to end of round ) so he really only scored 1800.

The game controls the outcome of the battle, you can assist in it, but bots & a few good players ( teams are helpful ) will really control who wins or loses the round.

Losing the round which you should have won does sux's,  but the second sting inall of it ....is getting nothing for all your effort, performance, and  accomplishments, only ..to be given Nothing because a " Must Win "  is required to receive any battlefield drops. ( which are needed to level up your planes.)

Edited by cobra_marksman, 29 September 2019 - 08:38 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15496 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 29 September 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

You have no control on any human players, or the computer bots that are place on your team.

Sometimes you get blind bots, that stay in a capped base, sometime you get players that only attack in airbases so they can fight against fighters only.

Sometimes humans are on daily missions which require them … to.defend an airbase "only " to accomplish their daily's.

There are probably a handful of reasons why you lost to a player with only 2800 points ( you get a 1000 pts. for just staying in to end of round ) so he really only scored 1800.

The game controls the outcome of the battle, you can assist in it, but bots & a few good players ( teams are helpful ) will really control who wins or loses the round.

Losing the round which you should have won does sux's,  but the second sting inall of it ....is getting nothing for all your effort, performance, and  accomplishments, only ..to be given Nothing because a " Must Win "  is required to receive any battlefield drops. ( which are needed to level up your planes.)

This. Sometimes YOUR performance is great.

Many other things that can affect the outcome.  :(

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Rownd #11 Posted 30 September 2019 - 06:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4165 battles

Just because you have a high "score" doesn't mean you necessarily did much for the team objectives, and the Victory/Defeat outcome is a team game.  (I also don't buy your story that the highest score on the enemy team was 2800.)

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Silence6966 #12 Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3224 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO
ive seen this happen a lot actually, score 14k, get several medals and cap points, get all the chevrons, and lose a game badly. 
If at first you don't succeed, give up loser, you suck. or man up, get better and win

Russian- I-16e, I-17,Yak7m82, Yak3rd, la5, I210, I220 Yak3, yak1m, yak 15, 
Germans-Ar-67, spitv DB605, BF109B, BF109E, BF110e, ME410, BF109z,ME209A,MEP1092
American-F2a1, P36c, P-38f, XP55,
British-Bulldog, venom,Spitfire1,SpitfireV ,SpitfireXIV,Vampire, Attacker, Hurricane1, Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest,
Japanese- Type91,KI431,KI45  KI 61, KI102,
Israeli-S199 best plane ever
international-b-534,

But Corvus says I only fly vampires and spitfires and Corvus knows everything.

NovaTempest #13 Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8728 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postcobra_marksman, on 29 September 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

the default F3 key - at least if you hit it right at the beginning, will cause a semi-randomly chosen LF, HF, or MR on your team to become your "Wingman". I have recently picked up this trick and it has saved my rear end from getting chewed up a couple of times by players that don't suspect the bot. So not 100% accurate, but all other commands bots respond to, (save for F7 which does the same as F3) basically just identify who is doing what (So if you use the "target aircraft" command it will tell you which bot is already 'Locked on' to that enemy player. Same thing with the "attack/defend" sector command). In short you are for the most part correct.

Edited by NovaTempest, 30 September 2019 - 08:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users