Game development team are really working?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

kasyut2207 #1 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles

I'm playing on an Asian server, but I'm wondering about the bugs in this game and the imbalance of the game, and I hope to fix it.
However, there are now over 30 bugs that have not been fixed at all, and Asian server players are increasingly frustrated.
In addition to that, there is a suspicion that the development team is working on a program that will be disadvantageous for some players and that will affect the winning percentage.

Does the development team really want to continue this game service?
Many bugs remain from the beginning of 2.0, and there is no decent announcement about in-game information from the development team.
I think the population will decline rapidly and no one will be able to play.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• 22324 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Trust them.  They 'are aware of it' and 'working on it'.  For years in some cases.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #3 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4938 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postkasyut2207, on 16 September 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

In addition to that, there is a suspicion that the development team is working on a program that will be disadvantageous for some players and that will affect the winning percentage.

Please explain to me why a gaming company would do this ?

Seriously.

Can you think of any logical reason or even explain with any logical reason why a gaming company would do something like you are trying to describe.

Go ahead and read it out loud to yourself and maybe you will hear the absurdity in the tin foil hat conspiracy theory you propose.

Wargaming developers have created a game that is completely random based on certain criteria.

Thus giving the NEW player and experienced player a random match together.

There is no balancing act between a new player flying a tier 10 and an experienced player flying a tier 10.

No weights and measures , no special algorithm.

Although the spawn points and ADA are set to a specified starting location based on map/ combat type

You still have a random chance of getting the winning side or winning from the losing side.

Case in point the low tier map with the Command Center in the north and Garrison+ Airfield in the South.

I have won from both spawn points despite the advantage is in the south.

NovaTempest #4 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6187 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postkasyut2207, on 16 September 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

I'm playing on an Asian server, but I'm wondering about the bugs in this game and the imbalance of the game, and I hope to fix it.
However, there are now over 30 bugs that have not been fixed at all, and Asian server players are increasingly frustrated.

Does the development team really want to continue this game service?
Many bugs remain from the beginning of 2.0, and there is no decent announcement about in-game information from the development team.
I think the population will decline rapidly and no one will be able to play.

Welcome to the source of probably 10-20% of the "tin-foiling" the community of this game has about the actual game itself.

Its not so much that the devs of Warplanes are not working hard, its that WG - In their infinite wisdom - Has not put very much funding into Warplanes as of late. Consider the fact that the WoWP devs do not even have their own "research team" - The devs of WoT do, and I believe the WoWS team has some kind of supplement to a research team. WoWP has been hung to dry financially since WG gave it enough of a monetary booster shot for them to push out 2.0. Even then the game still isn't doing too hot.

I think what - honest to goodness - needs to be done is that WG needs to give WoWP a second monetary infusion - a bigger one - and give the devs of WoWP the rescources to finally crush these ancient bugs, put the fast track on some serious content, and - long story short - get Warplane's s*** together, once and for all.

and finally fix that freaking "lag spike" problem that has been plaguing this game for 2+ years... :sceptic:

WG is instead focusing on all these other ventures, while they have this mummified game still mumbling about in dire need of a blood transfusion. It is doing just fine in Russia and is moderately popular in the EU, but in the NA it is relatively sparse, I cannot imagine how light the human population is in the "rebooted" asia/JP servers.

Edited by NovaTempest, 16 September 2019 - 03:39 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:44 PM

Captain

• 1116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I don't have any complaints

there is absolutely nothing they could do to improve the present day game

nothing

:sceptic:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

losttwo #6 Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4938 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 September 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

I don't have any complaints

nothing

:great:

LMG #7 Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

They will fix it as soon as possible, no matter how long it takes :hiding:

And yea, there's no indication that WoWP is bound to get axed. WG just denies its existance on a daily basis, but keeps it around like a Necromancer with his favorite zombie :teethhappy:

Edited by LMG, 17 September 2019 - 12:09 AM.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

_A_3_ #8 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 September 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

nothing

They could admit defeat to the former WG developers who created this game and rebuild what they started.

Whoops that would bring thousands of players back.

Please delete post for attempting to improve the game.

LMG #9 Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Post_A_3_, on 16 September 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

They could admit defeat to the former WG developers who created this game and rebuild what they started.

Whoops that would bring thousands of players back.

Please delete post for attempting to improve the game.

Didn't those developers get rid of their own couple thousand players too? :trollface:

just making a joke, not trying to start a heated discussion

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

GonerNL #10 Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 September 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

For years in some cases.

Many of these bugs were in existence before the Asia server was introduced ... April this year ?

View Postkasyut2207, on 16 September 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

and Asian server players are increasingly frustrated.

So you can imagine how we (EU, NA, CIS players) feel ...

Edited by GonerNL, 17 September 2019 - 12:44 PM.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Noreaga #11 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

seeing the new player complaint posts  look exactly the same as the new player complaint posts 6 years ago does lead one to think that they may have been fixing the wrong problems (and then breaking something that was working),

I am just shocked! how is it we never noticed and let them know?

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #12 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2097 battles

View Postkasyut2207, on 16 September 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

I thought they were as silent as blowing a pester ingame as if on a permanent chatban. Mind sourcing such complaints if possible or are they all personal communications?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

NovaTempest #13 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6187 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

It also would help if there was more transparency between the Warplanes devs and the Warplanes community. I would say of the three flagship Wargaming titles that Warships has the most transparent dev team, and Tanks has been getting a little better (a little). The Warplanes dev team feels like either been locked in a closet by WG or has shuttered itself into a room with a "do not disturb" sign on the door, and occasionally a research paper or manifesto or some document slips out from under the door.

What is weird is we have a CM in the form of Blindfold, and even she isn't able to be 50% transparent with us from the looks of it, (though of course if she can its usually vague) because the devs don't even give her all the information it seems. I do get some of it is most likely for legal reasons, non-disclosure and all that, but you would think a CM would have much more "discussion space" than Blindfold is afforded. (I.E. provided enough information to thoroughly answer major issues brought up by the NA community that the devs respond to in a way that allows us to understand what is going on. While at the same time be able to bring new issues to the direct attention of the Devs pointed out by the community without getting into flak for it. Shes not the one saying x y and z are acting funky in the game, its us and she's a messenger! [among other things of course])

Then again this could all be total conjecture as we - again - are in the total dark about the atmosphere in the Warplanes dev offices. I think most of us see the trend here.
:unsure:

Edited by NovaTempest, 17 September 2019 - 02:58 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #14 Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• 22324 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostNovaTempest, on 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

It also would help if there was more transparency between the Warplanes devs and the Warplanes community. I would say of the three flagship Wargaming titles that Warships has the most transparent dev team, and Tanks has been getting a little better (a little). The Warplanes dev team feels like either been locked in a closet by WG or has shuttered itself into a room with a "do not disturb" sign on the door, and occasionally a research paper or manifesto or some document slips out from under the door.

What is weird is we have a CM in the form of Blindfold, and even she isn't able to be 50% transparent with us from the looks of it, (though of course if she can its usually vague) because the devs don't even give her all the information it seems. I do get some of it is most likely for legal reasons, non-disclosure and all that, but you would think a CM would have much more "discussion space" than Blindfold is afforded. (I.E. provided enough information to thoroughly answer major issues brought up by the NA community that the devs respond to in a way that allows us to understand what is going on. While at the same time be able to bring new issues to the direct attention of the Devs pointed out by the community without getting into flak for it. Shes not the one saying x y and z are acting funky in the game, its us and she's a messenger! [among other things of course])

Then again this could all be total conjecture as we - again - are in the total dark about the atmosphere in the Warplanes dev offices. I think most of us see the trend here.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #15 Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4938 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNovaTempest, on 17 September 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

I have worked for several companies before my retirement at 42.

From the first real job of American Red Cross Volunteer Lifeguard at Jax Bch 81-82

U.S. Army, Fast Food Management, Golf Course Maintenance, Road Construction, Building Construction, Nurse

Decorative Concrete.

Not once in any of those JOBS did Command, Bosses, CEO's, Owners ever share anything with as much transparency as

blindfold has had with us in these forums.

We are just the players. Our job is to play the game, voice our opinions problems and idea's like a LAW rocket.

In case you do not know what a LAW rocket is. It is a fire and forget style weapon.

It is a one shot deal. You crack it open, aim, shoot, drop the container, carry on your mission.

Edited by losttwo, 17 September 2019 - 07:03 PM.

NovaTempest #16 Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6187 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 17 September 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

I have worked for several companies before my retirement at 42.

From the first real job of American Red Cross Volunteer Lifeguard at Jax Bch 81-82

U.S. Army, Fast Food Management, Golf Course Maintenance, Road Construction, Building Construction, Nurse

Decorative Concrete.

Not once in any of those JOBS did Command, Bosses, CEO's, Owners ever share anything with as much transparency as

blindfold has had with us in these forums.

We are just the players. Our job is to play the game, voice our opinions problems and idea's like a LAW rocket.

In case you do not know what a LAW rocket is. It is a fire and forget style weapon.

It is a one shot deal. You crack it open, aim, shoot, drop the container, carry on your mission.

:honoring: for one.

For two, all of that brings up a fair point. And I do give blindfold every single ounce of credit she is due too. This all comes back to the main problem - in my opinion - being Warplanes not being given the resources it needs to really develop like tanks and ships have in the past 2-3 years. I'm sure if the Warplanes devs had more to work with, i would not be surprised if we saw an increase in overall communication between the devs and the player base even in "Fringe servers" like the NA server on top of faster development and possibly more frequent rate of major content updates and game quality. The foremost Would certainly take some weight off Blindfold's shoulders if you ask me.

Edited by NovaTempest, 17 September 2019 - 07:37 PM.

losttwo #17 Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:45 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4938 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNovaTempest, on 17 September 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

:honoring: for one.

For two, all of that brings up a fair point. And I do give blindfold every single ounce of credit she is due too. This all comes back to the main problem - in my opinion - being Warplanes not being given the resources it needs to really develop like tanks and ships have in the past 2-3 years. I'm sure if the Warplanes devs had more to work with, i would not be surprised if we saw an increase in overall communication between the devs and the player base even in "Fringe servers" like the NA server on top of faster development and possibly more frequent rate of major content updates and game quality. The foremost Would certainly take some weight off Blindfold's shoulders if you ask me.

I think there is a reason they (WG) did away with the amount of WOWPNA forum admin's after 4.1

I think there were 5+ during the testing phases. Then we dropped to like 3 and now we are down to one liaison.

Wombatmetal #18 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1141 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I've been an IT project manager for the largest corporation in the world.

Blindfold is refreshingly open. We should appreciate her, weegees issues are not of her making.

I'm frustrated because the game has such potential if WG would invest in it

trikke #19 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:47 AM

Captain

• 3462 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

that reminds me 

I haven't said in a while just how much we appreciate you, BF!

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #20 Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4938 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 17 September 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

that reminds me 

I haven't said in a while just how much we appreciate you, BF!

:medal:

But she still wont buy you dinner:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users