Need real planes added F-4 Phantom Migs from Korean war

Get rid of the fake planes

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

RRWARRIOR_60 #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:42 AM

Airman Basic

• 5280 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
I can't believe you have these fake German planes that never saw a second of battle time yet you have them set up better than most of the US and UK planes I have sugested a number of times it would be an awesome addition if you added the F-4 Phantom and others from that time period and also the Migs 15-22-25 not sure on those numbers but you have stacked the deck in the German and USSR lines which is not a surprise do to where this company is but me personally would pay almost anything to fly the F-4 Phantom in here as long as you made it real not your real lets be fair about this.

Dru83 #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3377 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The game is set up so the top tier planes are around the Korean War era. Many of the "fake" German planes you talk of were the prototypes or inspiration for many planes that came after, including the F-86. WG has really shied away from adding missiles to the game which would complicate things quite a bit for planes below the missile carrier's tier. Besides, several versions of the F4 did not have a gun and relied on unreliable early missile technology. Do you really want to fly a superfast plane that cannot turn and doesn't have a gun for when you run out of missiles?.

As to your Mig numbers... the 15 is in the game. The 17 and 21 were of the same era as the F-4 and the 25 is even more recent than them. Oh, and the Mig-22 is just as non-existent as the fictional Mig-28.

WG has been trying to keep their plane lines even with each other and I kind of like this approach. Adding a few really high planes would make things really uneven in high tiers. If you want more planes, go play that other game that has more recent planes, stinky graphics, and difficult controls.

losttwo #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4502 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Wargaming Philosophy : Players should be seen and not heard.

It's their game, they will design it the way they want. If you do not like it, then do not spend any money on it.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #4 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1260 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

The F4 Phantom is just way too modern for this game, really at least two generations of aircraft beyond the best currently in game. 

Now the FH-1 Phantom, that might make a decent addition to the game but, nope, not the F4.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

SkyWolf__WM #5 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8201 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I've always thought that the 2 HGII and HGIII were bovine fecal matter "X Fighters". :B

I have em' but don't fly them.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Wombatmetal #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1140 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 10 September 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

I've always thought that the 2 HGII and HGIII were bovine fecal matter "X Fighters". :B

Well they built a prototype of the HG2 which was destroyed on the runway. They were working on the HG3 when the war ended and the British took a look at it, in the end building their own designs from it. 

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• 21598 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 10 September 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Next to the XF-90, I think they are just about the best bomber killers in the game.  (don't ask how I know)

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

RRWARRIOR_60 #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:56 PM

Airman Basic

• 5280 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
You all take thing's to much as black or white the F-4 Phantom doesn't have to be set up with missle's rockets would do yes it's there game but are u a sheep and just take everything without giving an honest opppion. I said nothing about adding missle's they are not needed here as far as prototype if it didnt see battle in my oppion it shouldn't be here there are plenty to chose from. And this new piece of junk they gave the US this X85 Goblin is set up with 4 guns at T-IX it wont shoot down a wounded duck compaired to the USSR T-VIII & T-VII both have twice the fire power how is this fair or even right I mean come on really. I never said I didnt like the game but I will never say BAAAAAH for you that are a sheep let me know where to send your feed bag. NOW LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN YOU CAN ADD F-4 PHANTOM & THE MIG'S WITHOUT I SAY AGAIN WITHOUT MISSLE'S AND REPLACE WITH ROCKET'S THEY MAKE EVERY PLANE HOW THEY WANT --- IT'S THERE GAME -- NO NOT REALLY IT'S OUR GAME CUZ WITHOUT US THE GAME WOULD STOP.....

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:34 PM

Captain

• 21598 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostRRWARRIOR_60, on 10 September 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

You all take thing's to much as black or white the F-4 Phantom doesn't have to be set up with missle's rockets would do yes it's there game but are u a sheep and just take everything without giving an honest opppion. I said nothing about adding missle's they are not needed here as far as prototype if it didnt see battle in my oppion it shouldn't be here there are plenty to chose from. And this new piece of junk they gave the US this X85 Goblin is set up with 4 guns at T-IX it wont shoot down a wounded duck compaired to the USSR T-VIII & T-VII both have twice the fire power how is this fair or even right I mean come on really. I never said I didnt like the game but I will never say BAAAAAH for you that are a sheep let me know where to send your feed bag. NOW LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN YOU CAN ADD F-4 PHANTOM & THE MIG'S WITHOUT I SAY AGAIN WITHOUT MISSLE'S AND REPLACE WITH ROCKET'S THEY MAKE EVERY PLANE HOW THEY WANT --- IT'S THERE GAME -- NO NOT REALLY IT'S OUR GAME CUZ WITHOUT US THE GAME WOULD STOP.....

I don't know where to start so I will just say 'BAAAAAH'.

:bajan:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:51 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8201 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

You all take thing's to much as black or white the F-4 Phantom doesn't have to be set up with missle's rockets would do yes it's there game but are u a sheep and just take everything without giving an honest opppion. I <snipped for brevity>gave the US this X85 Goblin is set up with 4 guns at <sn GAME WOULD STOP.....

The X-85 is a great little aircraft. Mine is specialized. You need to calm TF down and stop playing the uneducated IDIOT....:teethhappy:

Stygian_Alchemist #11 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 10157 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Bold and caps lock. Best take him super cereal guise. 

Moonrider #12 Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1974 battles

You all take thing's to much as black or white the F-4 Phantom doesn't have to be set up with missle's rockets would do yes it's there game but are u a sheep and just take everything without giving an honest opppion.

The very latest aircraft in this game made its FIRST flight in 1949/1950.
The Phantom II made its first flight in 1959, placing it 10 years outside the time frame of aircraft in this game.
You may want the Phantom II to be added, but it probably won't be, and neither are any of the Vietnam era aircraft likely to be added.

Here's some suggestions for you.
Learn how to deal constructively with opinions different from your own.
Learn to construct and punctuate a sentence.
Learn to spell.
Maybe then people will take you seriously and not make fun of your rants.

Edited by Moonrider, 11 September 2019 - 03:19 PM.

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road

Four_Leaf_Tayback #13 Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostRRWARRIOR_60, on 10 September 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

I'm confused.  Is this the WOWP forum or Yahoo! Answers?

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

Captain

• 4011 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 10 September 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

stop playing the uneducated IDIOT....:teethhappy:

I don't think he's playing, brother.

RRWARRIOR_60 #15 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 5280 battles
  • [THC-] THC-
I'm glad you all spent your time reading my idiotic rant I did not think that you would spend more time finding my error's in spelling and other [edited]. I was just trying to express an opinion and add a bit of a little joke with the BAAAH I did not realize I had to write out LOL on the joke thought you might be smart enough to realize it was a bit of a joke. Maybe the F-4 was a bit newer but I see you all would rather attack a person for making a suggestion rather instead of making one yourself maybe your affraid of the backlash. I want to thank you all for your constructive criticism and your thought's on how WOWP can be made better good lord now I know that expressing a thought only get's you nothing but FBS in return I love how I was attacked when I said nothing to any one person perfect example of how childish you are have a wonderful life FOAD.... OOO no I used caps 

SkyWolf__WM #16 Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:59 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8201 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostRRWARRIOR_60, on 11 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

I'm glad you all spent your time reading my idiotic rant I did not think that you would spend more time finding my error's in spelling and other [edited]. I was just trying to express an opinion and add a bit of a little joke with the BAAAH I did not realize I had to write out LOL on the joke thought you might be smart enough to realize it was a bit of a joke. Maybe the F-4 was a bit newer but I see you all would rather attack a person for making a suggestion rather instead of making one yourself maybe your affraid of the backlash. I want to thank you all for your constructive criticism and your thought's on how WOWP can be made better good lord now I know that expressing a thought only get's you nothing but FBS in return I love how I was attacked when I said nothing to any one person perfect example of how childish you are have a wonderful life FOAD.... OOO no I used caps 

You went on an unhinged rant and apparently you expect us to read the incoherent nonsense and glean some sort of truth from it?  And it's "oh no" you 60 watt bulb in a 100 watt socket. So run back to your copy of "Internet Arguing for Dummies" and try again. You got beat up a lot when you were a kid huh? So FOAD yourself and DILLIGAF?:child:

Captain_Underpants53 #17 Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:26 AM

Captain

• 21598 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

:child:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Moonrider #18 Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1974 battles

Maybe the F-4 was a bit newer but I see you all would rather attack a person for making a suggestion rather instead of making one yourself maybe your affraid of the backlash. I

Politely pointing out your suggestion doesn't  meet the timeline constraints of the game does not constitute an attack. 

THIS is an attack:

If you fell into a pond, they'd be skimming Stupid off the surface for a month. Now do us ALL a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.

See the difference? Now hush and let the grown-ups converse.

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road

CorvusCorvax #19 Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• 4011 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMoonrider, on 12 September 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Politely pointing out your suggestion doesn't  meet the timeline constraints of the game does not constitute an attack. 

THIS is an attack:

If you fell into a pond, they'd be skimming Stupid off the surface for a month. Now do us ALL a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow.

See the difference? Now hush and let the grown-ups converse.

If I could give this more than +1, I would.

Those of us who have been around a while have given PLENTY of constructive criticism to WG over battle modes, plane types, balance, matchmaking, etc.  Having some scrub come in and tell us how much we suck at it is vaguely amusing.

NovaTempest #20 Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5704 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
This has been previously discussed. My thought was to add 2-3 extra tiers to the game (That would include planes like the MiG-17, MiG-19, MiG-21, and others), but only gradually introduce the earliest air to air missiles (The kind that were actually pretty unreliable. The grandaddy of them all, The X-4 - being developed by germany right at the tail end of the second world war - was wire guided, thus extremely prone to human error). Even the first sidewinders were not extremely reliable and fairly sensitive to failure. SHOULD wargaming (if they ever), decide to extend the period of planes looked at toward the very beginning phases of the Vietnam war - which i still doubt they will - at the very most, they could likely look into introducing the very very first versions of air-to-air missiles at tier 13, with prototypes at tier 12.

Another fun fact, WWII Germany can also be credited with initial proof-of-concept developments of SAMs.

Anayway, these air-to-air missiles would not be one hit kills, and would be limited to 1 launched at a time. They would deal a sizeable amount of damage, but again, not instant kill from full health.

The main problem with extending into the vietnam era - aside just the technology level issues - is that less than 25% of all the lines in the game would be able to extend to these tiers, bottle-necking options.

I'm not one to be toxic, but blurting out something that has been discussed in detail repeatedly without reading it first can lead some poster's opinions to be recieved like this one's has. Besides all the posts made by the OP after the first...

Edited by NovaTempest, 12 September 2019 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users