Not new player returning after 2.0

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DeathLord1969 #1 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12 battles

Other than less keyboard/mouse controls, what else has been removed since pre-2.0?

Also, why is the UI so slow to load after matches?

My rig plays tanks & ships without issue but come here, slow UI.

bradk62 #2 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4356 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Generally, reality has been removed as you can come back to life after dying several times and fight again.

Dog fighting for survival and victory has been replaced with a team strategy that involves "flipping" and holding sectors to win.

On the plus side, graphics are pretty good and with the re-spawns the constant "help" from dead teammates goes away as they are back in battle too quickly to be a nuisance.

losttwo #3 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4359 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDeathLord1969, on 08 September 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Other than less keyboard/mouse controls, what else has been removed since pre-2.0?

Also, why is the UI so slow to load after matches?

My rig plays tanks & ships without issue but come here, slow UI.

My trolling nasty attitude.

:teethhappy:

Clan Wars have been removed

GhostPrime

Bots chasing you across the map

The ability to disappear where no one can spot you

Tester Emblems for new planes you acquire. Planes you had pre-2 still have them.

Can't remember if you were a tester or not.

Survival rating per plane.

and the list goes on

pyantoryng #4 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2044 battles

UI customization is for the most part removed...Radar Altimeter no longer exists too.

All-new equipment system that all got tradeoffs so you need to think a whole lot more...and Marina's Femme Fatale no longer auto-burn armored targets...while on the special skill topic you might as well treat the special skill activation indicator to be removed as it only works on the very first battle of the session for some reason.

Oh, and individual plane win rate.

Edited by pyantoryng, 08 September 2019 - 09:22 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

DeathLord1969 #5 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:45 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 12 battles
losttwo, I got in wowp when closed beta started, but on another account.

Sandman1969 #6 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6 battles
One thing that feels different, is this game more oriented towards sticks now and leaving keyboard/mouse behind?

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• 21422 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Welcome back.  The new carousel seems to be behind the slow loading hangar.  But it's pretty cool once you get the hang of fooling with it.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

Captain

• 1084 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
it's more painful

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

gerr22 #9 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:57 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4644 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
oh boy play the game or don t jeez troll troll troll if you don t like the game move on if you do i will see you in the skies i still love the game even if it is cranky like me i have been playing everyday since i joined EVERY day at least one hour weekends five hours + so put that in you r pipe and smoke it

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• 21422 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postgerr22, on 09 September 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

oh boy play the game or don t jeez troll troll troll if you don t like the game move on if you do i will see you in the skies i still love the game even if it is cranky like me i have been playing everyday since i joined EVERY day at least one hour weekends five hours + so put that in you r pipe and smoke it

What?  Smokin' again?  Glue is quicker.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SkyWolf__WM #11 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8045 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSandman1969, on 08 September 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

One thing that feels different, is this game more oriented towards sticks now and leaving keyboard/mouse behind?

No.  :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8045 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostDeathLord1969, on 08 September 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

losttwo, I got in wowp when closed beta started, but on another account.

Why?  :amazed:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

nwlxn12 #13 Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

Killing planes in certain circumstances is useless now and sometimes even benefits the person you shoot down.

Bots dictate some/many of the games outcomes.

MM makes lopsided matches.

AA can really mess up the down tiered planes in the match.

Re-spawns have enabled many players to become professional "Re-spawners"

To win, you now need to control the map sectors, which means running back and forth between them which gets you caught up with the other team doing the same thing and fighting outside the sectors which is kind of useless for the most part.  Defense in this game is mostly useless as well, sure you can try to defend a sector, but that just means the enemy team will take the rest of them.

Some people like the current game, but I don't.  Good luck with it.

Noreaga #14 Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

i think spiritfox had the best explanation another thread

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 08 October 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

So... ok. I'm going to type out a quick little rundown on how World of Warplanes 2.0.5 works. This will only be the basics, mind you, as I really don't know what to say unless you're a little bit clearer in what you want to know about the game, but here is is:

The basic game mode in Warplanes 2.0+ is called Conquest Mode. In this mode, there will be several Capture Points (also referred to as Sectors) littered across the map. Each of these sectors will generate +3 points every two to three seconds and these will add up to a certain score that tends to vary from map to map - anywhere from 400 to 800 points. The first team to reach that score wins.

Alternately, if capturing points is not an option (say, if the enemy has an insurmountable lead), you can also resort to killing the entire enemy team. However, because respawns are unlimited until the arrival of the squall line you will not be able to secure a TKO win until after the squall line has hit.

Capturing Sectors is a matter of either killing enemy team members within the area of the Sector OR air defense aircraft (hereby referred to as ADAs) associated with the sector in question.  You can also capture Sectors by destroying Ground Targets within a sector. Be warned - a Ground Target is only "destroyed" if all the buildings that make up a target are destroyed. I cannot stress that enough - you have to kill EVERY SINGLE BUILDING in a cluster (called the Ground Target) in order for it to count as "destroying a ground target". If you miss even one tiny building, the GT will NOT count as destroyed and, worse, your enemy can steal your kill by killing off the last standing building in a Ground Target

Word of warning - you will lose capture progress on a Sector if any friendly airplane dies within the within the area of the sector. It is therefore imperative that, if you see a low-health teammate in trouble over a cap, you should rescue him ASAP. Similarly, it YOU are on low health, get out of the sector ASAP. Otherwise you'll reset the cap counter.

Also each Sector usually has a secondary purpose besides capture points. Garrisons (Star in circle icon) do nothing but generate points. Airstrips (little circle with a Zero's silhouette) allow you to respawn over  them instead of from your starting spawn if you die. Simply click on the Sector icon on the map while you're waiting to respawn. 

Airbases are much larger on the map an appear as a circle surrounding an Me262 silhouette. Airbases allow damaged planes to repair at the repair depot (which can be destroyed, by the way), reduce the respawn timer by about 8 seconds and let you jump into a different plane when you respawn.

Missile Bases and Command Centers put pressure on enemy caps. Missile bases launch unstoppable V2s at your caps. The V2s will destroy one GT at a time and you can tell which GT its targeting by the little rocket icon on top of it. Command Centers summon waves of AI bombers which will proceed to bomb out enemy Sectors. A single wave of bombers can finish off a Sector, so play this one wisely. Unlike V2s, bombers can be intercepted and shot down.

Mining Plants are a straight up superpowered Sector, generating up to an additional +80 points every 70 to 80 seconds besides the default +3. The Mining plant is represented by the factory symbol.

Keep all this in mind and you'll start to understand how Warplanes 2.0+ works at its most basic level. There are other things, of course, such as the different airplane classes, the different flying styles, the equipment and consumables system... all of that, but at its heart of how to win? This, right here, is the groundwork.

Nimis obnoxii curare

trikke #15 Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:37 AM

Captain

• 3367 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
yep...   he's the undefeated champion of the most important things to know, to steal a win
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users