Thanks for nerfing the 1101

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #41 Posted Yesterday, 03:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5593 battles

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 16 September 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

The XF-90 is, on paper, the worst of the three T10 heavy fighters. And, to be honest.... I watch more people faceplant suck trying to fly that plane than anything but MRFs. Those who master it though? Corvus is right, including the mike tyson on meth part... because it definitely doesn't hit at an -effectual- heavyweight level but it just keeps punching you so often and fast you go down anyway and then it zoidbergs away from any retaliation. Its  turn is definitely measured in zip codes though.. and there isn't really any improving that because of how low it starts to begin. You can make it serviceable enough to keep it on a target long enough to one pass.. but that's about the best she'll realistically give you. LOL.

The weird thing is that with a full turn build an XF-90 gets the biggest change to its turn time out of any plane it makes sense to do it on. So in the end it will be able to out-turn a Stock Me 262 HG II quite handily - and although less so - even a standard HG III. Combine that with its LUDICROUS amounts of speed and it actually feels ridiculously nimble for what it is. I know mine feels like that.

As for the mike tyson part... slap Gas operated action on the plane and instead you basically get this:

P.S.: I dont often use GIFs from anime, but this just sums it up perfectly.

Edited by NovaTempest, Yesterday, 03:54 AM.

Stygian_Alchemist #42 Posted Yesterday, 06:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostNovaTempest, on 15 September 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

The weird thing is that with a full turn build an XF-90 gets the biggest change to its turn time out of any plane it makes sense to do it on. So in the end it will be able to out-turn a Stock Me 262 HG II quite handily - and although less so - even a standard HG III. Combine that with its LUDICROUS amounts of speed and it actually feels ridiculously nimble for what it is. I know mine feels like that.

As for the mike tyson part... slap Gas operated action on the plane and instead you basically get this:

P.S.: I dont often use GIFs from anime, but this just sums it up perfectly.

Mine is wearing nothing but special project gear. Including german special project gas operated action. I know quite well its capacities. I, personally, think the Germans are trash comparative to the XF-90 and due to my inability to really get the guns on the Javelin to work... I even prefer it to the Javelin -so far- (as mentioned prior, working on changing that inability with the guns). Sure, I can out-turn most -stock- heavies... but no heavy fighter player runs stock and I cannot hope to match the agility of an agility build HG III or Javelin and while I -can- out speed them... they can maintain their speed longer so if they're careful they might be able to endurance run me down depending on our relative boost levels. 

The joy I find in it is that it will delete whatever you point it at and fly through the confetti wreckage and it will do this non-stop without fail if you fly it appropriately. Can someone endurance run me down, sure.. but its going to cost them lots of time. Can someone out turn me? Sure.. but uh.. I am already a few klicks away so who cares?

With the special project gear it gives me a slight edge even over other XF-90s. Assuming I see them coming... I literally love and will advocate for the XF-90 all day long, but from a paper stat standpoint? it's arguably the worst. Flying it? I've had it since February and... BAHAHAH that thing is a beast.

Paper stats don't always translate.. but considering how badly Javelin -bots- wreck me... I have to believe it's possible to turn the Javelin into something at least worthy as a competitor to the XF-90... HGIII bots are just sad usually and while the players are better than the bots.. I know I worry a lot more about a player controlled XF-90s than any of them (unless I watch them repeatedly lawn dart.. so many seem to do that trying to go after GAA) and I fear a Javelin in bot -or- player hands.

Editing to add: The 6x american 20mm guns though.. and that fire rate.. are -very- forgiving to aim comparative to the ADEN or the german 30mm

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, Yesterday, 06:15 AM.

NovaTempest #43 Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5593 battles

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 16 September 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

Mine is wearing nothing but special project gear. Including german special project gas operated action. I know quite well its capacities. I, personally, think the Germans are trash comparative to the XF-90 and due to my inability to really get the guns on the Javelin to work... I even prefer it to the Javelin -so far- (as mentioned prior, working on changing that inability with the guns). Sure, I can out-turn most -stock- heavies... but no heavy fighter player runs stock and I cannot hope to match the agility of an agility build HG III or Javelin and while I -can- out speed them... they can maintain their speed longer so if they're careful they might be able to endurance run me down depending on our relative boost levels. 

The joy I find in it is that it will delete whatever you point it at and fly through the confetti wreckage and it will do this non-stop without fail if you fly it appropriately. Can someone endurance run me down, sure.. but its going to cost them lots of time. Can someone out turn me? Sure.. but uh.. I am already a few klicks away so who cares?

With the special project gear it gives me a slight edge even over other XF-90s. Assuming I see them coming... I literally love and will advocate for the XF-90 all day long, but from a paper stat standpoint? it's arguably the worst. Flying it? I've had it since February and... BAHAHAH that thing is a beast.

Paper stats don't always translate.. but considering how badly Javelin -bots- wreck me... I have to believe it's possible to turn the Javelin into something at least worthy as a competitor to the XF-90... HGIII bots are just sad usually and while the players are better than the bots.. I know I worry a lot more about a player controlled XF-90s than any of them (unless I watch them repeatedly lawn dart.. so many seem to do that trying to go after GAA) and I fear a Javelin in bot -or- player hands.

Editing to add: The 6x american 20mm guns though.. and that fire rate.. are -very- forgiving to aim comparative to the ADEN or the german 30mm

Again my friend, you are preaching the choir here. :great:

I have yet to have Javelin Headaches, but I have enough experience with the HGs to know I will likely never touch the HG III, especially with how my XF-90 flies. Why get an HG III when I have a XF-90 thats able to do the exact same thing with better speed and more forgiving guns?

I WISH I had the German special equipment, but I am thankful I have the Russian LRBs, they make my HG II just... whoooo weee...

lets just say the HG II with 30mm cannons that can nearly hit targets from 1000 meters away, deal 10% more damage than normal, a 13.4 second turn time and has rockets to boot makes it a very flexible HF at tier 9. Its why I have 45+ hours in the thing and it is my most flown aircraft. My build for it ROCKS some SOCKS.

I do hope I can bring the P.1101 to that level of snuff someday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users