Jump to content


Back to School


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 1,045
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Do you remember the time when all of you were rookies and newcomers? No? Well, it's high time to revise your path of excellence!

Full news text

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by blindfoId, 05 September 2019 - 12:15 PM.


BuffaloTime #2 Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11726 battles
  • 924
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
Players at low tiers need hangar slots. Restricting that award to tiers VII-X is not addressing the players you need to keep. 
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Damon Runyon
 

         

Demons run when a good man goes to war.


honorabili #3 Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3340 battles
  • 1,393
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Yawn... thanks for the slot but everything else is boring.

qu33kKC #4 Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:05 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7211 battles
  • 415
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostBuffaloTime, on 05 September 2019 - 03:04 PM, said:

Players at low tiers need hangar slots. Restricting that award to tiers VII-X is not addressing the players you need to keep. 

 

This.  although, as a F2P pilot, I'm rather happy to have a hanger slot on the table.

 

that being said, encouraging low-tier seal clubbing in NOT a good idea either.

 

swapping those two missions/rewards would have been a good idea, imho.

 



BuffaloTime #5 Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:49 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 11726 battles
  • 924
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postqu33kKC, on 05 September 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

 

This.  although, as a F2P pilot, I'm rather happy to have a hanger slot on the table.

 

that being said, encouraging low-tier seal clubbing in NOT a good idea either.

 

swapping those two missions/rewards would have been a good idea, imho.

 

 

I have 45 hangar slots left from two Christmas events ago and I have all the planes from the tech tree except one (Tu-10). If players want tokens from missions they have to go to low tiers anyway. Letting players with lower tiers have a shot at free hangars just makes sense.


Edited by BuffaloTime, 06 September 2019 - 01:50 AM.

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Damon Runyon
 

         

Demons run when a good man goes to war.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:36 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1094 battles
  • 4,613
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBuffaloTime, on 05 September 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

 

I have 45 hangar slots left from two Christmas events ago and I have all the planes from the tech tree except one (Tu-10). If players want tokens from missions they have to go to low tiers anyway. Letting players with lower tiers have a shot at free hangars just makes sense.

Jack Buffmaster,

I believe it's a financial decision based on a number of charts...

these charts are used to maximize profits before the inevitable turnover

.

.

.

my guess is the sweet spot is 388 +/- games

knowing the intolerance and focus levels today vs. :B

.

I'm thinking that they give slots to people who don't need them, like tax breaks

 

 


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 06 September 2019 - 05:15 AM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 06 September 2019 - 09:14 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 21598 battles
  • 3,078
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 05 September 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

Jack Buffmaster,

I believe it's a financial decision based on a number of charts...

these charts are used to maximize profits before the inevitable turnover

.

.

.

my guess is the sweet spot is 388 +/- games

knowing the intolerance and focus levels today vs. :B

.

I'm thinking that they give slots to people who don't need them, like tax breaks

 

 


I believe you might have actually said something that makes sense.  I just keep accumulating hangar slots.  34 or 35 now.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #8 Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4502 battles
  • 13,778
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Book marking this post for the next time some pilot wants to cry about seal clubbing.

Marking it as Evidence Exhibit A :  WG encourages seal clubbing

                                                          either learn to play or uninstall.

 

Now: obviously WG understands the bullying problem in lower tiers

         consbondpackregular.png x3 First Aid Dressing Package

 

 

 

Post Script : I never really thought seal clubbing was a problem during Alpha and Beta.

                    A new player always had a chance of getting a veteran seal clubber on their team that could

                    help them win.

                    Since the game went live and bots were added I do see it as a problem.

                    A new player basically has 0 chance of having a seal clubbing veteran on his team

                    that can help him win



trikke #9 Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:46 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3409 battles
  • 3,305
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

if you're new, even the low tier dumb bots are dangerous


WR, please start setting awards based on the number of battles to help new folks


vets don't need them and nobody will complain


well, some will still complain, but just ignore them


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Stygian_Alchemist #10 Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10154 battles
  • 1,845
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
Higher tier should reward more.

Lower tier should reward less.

Both should have their difficulty tied to the theoretical skill associated with the tier and if you have a bunch of high tier planes unlocked you should probably just not have the option of completing the low tier stuff. You can go play, but you don't get extra rewards for playing ez-mode.

Fact is, I'm done with the "event" already (as in already completed). The only thing I feel rewarding to this weekend is the x3 XP on my planes. 


*shrug*

I'm sure they'll do a 30 day study where we get no rewards and then re-introduce the awards with a very minor difficulty reduction for the same prizes.

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 06 September 2019 - 02:22 PM.


pyantoryng #11 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2062 battles
  • 8,388
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 06 September 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Higher tier should reward more.

Lower tier should reward less.

Both should have their difficulty tied to the theoretical skill associated with the tier and if you have a bunch of high tier planes unlocked you should probably just not have the option of completing the low tier stuff. You can go play, but you don't get extra rewards for playing ez-mode.

Fact is, I'm done with the "event" already (as in already completed). The only thing I feel rewarding to this weekend is the x3 XP on my planes. 


*shrug*

I'm sure they'll do a 30 day study where we get no rewards and then re-introduce the awards with a very minor difficulty reduction for the same prizes.

 

These weekly x3 is extremely minor compared to the 4-week long constant events that Ships equally constantly hold. These are barely noticeable already and, IMO, actually becoming rather routine at this point, with the difference in the tasks that give one-time minor reward.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users