Should I just get rid of all my T7 planes (excepting premiums)

T7 Downtiered Waste of Time?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #21 Posted 05 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1276 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 04 September 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

I'll put them into an escrow account in case I get hit by a bus or win the lottery.  

YAY!!! :honoring:

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Postal_Monkey #22 Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4919 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 September 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

Tier 4 and Tier 7 have always been the "bump" tiers where you're often faced up against airplanes you practically have no chance against because of the sudden overall jump in performance. There are only a few tier 7s that remain competitive at tier 8 just like there are very few tier 4s that can match up against a tier 5.

Tier 6 is probably the most balanced tier in the game - your performance is mostly incrementally superior or inferior both ways so you're not overpowered against a tier 5 but not uncompetitive against a tier 7.

Tier 9 is a mini bump owing to the arrival of the high tier bombers.

Anyway, its not just you. Tier 7 has always been brutal where you play meta or die. I still have a whole load of tier 7s though oddly enough. The Hornet and I-220 are competitive against tier 8s, the Dora is mostly sentimental, the P-51K can hold its own as can the J4M

Tier VII can be a struggle if you're bottom tier but for me I agree with Fox here. Also, if you can be successful at this tier, it makes tier VIII battle seem like a cakewalk. Personally I kept

• A7M (I have more Aces in this plane than any other)
  • I-220 (most well rounded fighter at this tier)
  • Hornet (needs to be fully upgraded but is very solid)
  • F4U-1 (Tier VIII guns, choice of solid rockets or bombs)
  • Yak-9U (That cannon makes up for its deficiencies. Boom!)
  • Bf 109 G (I liked this plane a lot altho most people don't. It's shorter range guns than most Bf's)
  • Fw 190 D (Solid all-arounder with guns from a Heavy Fighter? Yes...)
  • Ki-93 (under-appreciated. This plane was a lot of fun stock or fully upgraded. Just don't fly it like the heavies before it)
  • Typhoon (this whole line was great, Typhoon can do what you need)

On top of these there are some very solid planes that can punch above their weight class and were an OK grind:

• Bf 109 Z (stellar gun power and speed)
  • La-7 (solid all-arounder)
  • IL-8 (haven't heard any bad about this plane)
  • Ki-84 (good 30's but you can also setup with all 20s too)

The non-premiums not listed here are either very mediocre or just bad. Strangely enough there are some pretty good or great premiums at this tier like the Tu-1, 302, J4M hell even the XP-75 is pretty good. WG and it's premium plane mentality lol.

Is it easy? No, you get a lot of Tier VIII battles but if you can succeed with Tier VII strategies you will be even better the higher you go.

NovaTempest #23 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6192 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 04 September 2019 - 01:52 AM, said:

Tier 4 and Tier 7 have always been the "bump" tiers where you're often faced up against airplanes you practically have no chance against because of the sudden overall jump in performance. There are only a few tier 7s that remain competitive at tier 8 just like there are very few tier 4s that can match up against a tier 5.

Tier 6 is probably the most balanced tier in the game - your performance is mostly incrementally superior or inferior both ways so you're not overpowered against a tier 5 but not uncompetitive against a tier 7.

Tier 9 is a mini bump owing to the arrival of the high tier bombers. 

Anyway, its not just you. Tier 7 has always been brutal where you play meta or die. I still have a whole load of tier 7s though oddly enough. The Hornet and I-220 are competitive against tier 8s, the Dora is mostly sentimental, the P-51K can hold its own as can the J4M

I full on agree with SpiritFox's assessment here, though i would point out that - depending on pilot competence and how you tune the aircraft's pilot skills and equipment - that at these two tiers - 4 and 7 - there are some planes that can practically slug higher tier aircraft if used in a crafty manner.

My main example for tier 7 is - surprisingly - the Bf 109 Z. It is arguably the most maneuverable Tier 7 HF in the game, and also arguably the 2nd most maneuverable in the entire game (if my memory is correct) with the nerf of the XF5U and the introduction of the Ki-45 and Ki-102. With how i have kitted my 109 Z, i have joked that it "Sprays walls". If the 108s on my Z do not shred apart what I am shooting at, odds are still good that I am going to crit the target apart and leave them vulnerable to being finished off. Additionally I gave it a turn time boost, so it can stick behind a variety of planes for at least a time if I am careful.

Simultaneously, I can reliably tear down RB-17s in the Z with not too bad of a health loss in no time flat. The ROF on the 108s is not to be underestimated.

My advice to the OP is to simply dump tier 7 planes you feel you have performed not too well in, and keep ones you feel you are knocking on doing very well in despite their currently still poor situation. Experiment with equipment builds on the Tier 7s you keep if you have to.

vcharng #24 Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3498 battles

Tier 10 is filled with ultra-unicums, and T9 may still face them.

This is probably why people would tend to fly T8 when they need to do daily badge quests.

And T7 would be the ones with the short straw here.

Also T7 is often a transition point between different characteristics in the same line, either the first plane to carry a new characteristic or the last to carry the old one.

Examples include Me 265, 109Z, A7M, F7F (this one is more like an oddity rather than a transition) etc.

some of them rocks because of that, others would suffer.

Also tagged with T7, Downtiered, Waste of Time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users