hangar chat hangar chat

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Stygian_Alchemist #1 Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Dear Diary,

It's been four days since my clan mates started disappearing or staring at me as if muted. I fear the worst, that the world is ending and this is it.... the slow fade away before the night takes me. Invisibility.. the death of the disease of incommunicado... nay, it shall not have me! I will NOT go quietly into that night! Dear Lord, upbear me in this the weekend of my travails that I might again smile under sunlit skies and yea... read the words of my clan mates again. Quoth the Captain "WELCOME TO OUR CLOWN CAR!".

-The Styg

P.S. Fix the chat already, eeeeeessssshhhhhhh. Ridiculous that it's been -days- of this and that now suddenly no one is flipping it to "on" halfway through the day and you've not communicated with the playerbase whatsoever.

comealong1 #2 Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7695 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Holiday weekend, we're screwed till Tuesday at least.

losttwo #3 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4395 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Shut up and FLY:P

no_trace_of_sanity #4 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:14 PM

Senior Airman

• 3864 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Postcomealong1, on 01 September 2019 - 04:33 AM, said:

Holiday weekend, we're screwed till Tuesday at least.

I don't think Russia has labor day as the states do.

Stygian_Alchemist #5 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 01 September 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

Shut up and FLY:P

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• 1086 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postno_trace_of_sanity, on 01 September 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

I don't think Russia has labor day as the states do.

in mother russia the day of labor ends in y

don't smile, the premier may take it wrong

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

no_trace_of_sanity #7 Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:36 PM

Senior Airman

• 3864 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Just checked game and chat and friends lists are back up and running....finally....

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5503 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Sometimes you have to delete all your contacts and then add them again.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

trikke #9 Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• 3379 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
broken chat really hampered our training room last night, there was no way to tell folks that weren't on discord that it was time to change tiers or classes of planes 
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8097 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I've been running into new players flying high tier premiums or regular planes almost exclusively lately. I guess maybe they use free XP or something from tanks or ships. I dunno.

But it's been impossible for me to help them/give advice. It's frustrating.    :unsure:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

qu33kKC #11 Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7180 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

SO GLAD to have chat back!

I missed being able to congrats folks on great games*, crow about my (few and far-between) epic games, and chat with my Clan brothers post-game.

*not just a formal polite GG at the end, but actually PMing someone who did great and letting them know so. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:30 PM

Captain

• 1086 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 September 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Sometimes you have to delete all your contacts and then add them again.

that would work on many levels...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

_A_3_ #13 Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 01 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

mommy!!!!!

blindfoId #14 Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Our Customer Support works 24/7 and it's always worth contacting them directly via support tickets. The team will investigate the reason that caused the Hangar chat frequently unavailability. 

Stygian_Alchemist #15 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 02 September 2019 - 02:18 AM, said:

Our Customer Support works 24/7 and it's always worth contacting them directly via support tickets. The team will investigate the reason that caused the Hangar chat frequently unavailability. 

I did. It took 24 hours to get a response. It also 24 hours for anyone who works for your company to notice -your- chat system was not working. 

I appreciate trying to be helpful and trying to run cover.. but this was a major foul up.

I also learned, via the response to my ticket.. that your ticket filing system moves it to the back of the queue if I add anything to the ticket. That's per the response I got from your CS department. 

Interesting to know that if any further information comes up that needs added, it makes your wait for a CS response that much longer.

Editing to add: I am not upset at you, I am upset at the situation and the response being boilerplate that doesn't mesh with the reality of the response or the fact that one should think that something as major as your chat client being down would set off alarms.

Editing again: I would like to also say that the followup message asking me to ensure the fix had also fixed the chat/contact/clan chat bug for me that I just received was a good touch. I sincerely appreciated that communication. I would say the same thing I said there, here though. This bug affected multiple of us over multiple multiple days and all of the outages were measured in multiples of hours or in the case of this weekend, days. That, to me, is deserving of compensation for the inconvenience to the players who logged in and fought through or gave up because of this. So far, it has disrupted a community event somewhat, multiple clan things, who knows how many flights, etc. The initial several times the chat/clan/contact went down, it required notification to you folks to bring it back up... but this was not, apparently, enough to trigger any extra monitoring or a speedy diagnosis of what was the cause. I appreciate limited manpower, but this is an integral part of the game and it is a new bug.. which, I should think, suggests that it was recently introduced by something you folks have done on the back end of the server... As the initial response did not actually fix the bug, it was continued for several days off and on, and it was disruptive.. again.. I will request here as I did in my ticket that the players affected be given appropriate compensation for the disruption. Thank you.

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 02 September 2019 - 10:28 AM.

comealong1 #16 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:29 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7695 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
So I guess multi tickets rather than on one ticket to get faster service??. I almost always have adds to a ticket.. Trying to help them figure things out.. The clown monster..lol

Stygian_Alchemist #17 Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postcomealong1, on 02 September 2019 - 04:29 AM, said:

So I guess multi tickets rather than on one ticket to get faster service??. I almost always have adds to a ticket.. Trying to help them figure things out.. The clown monster..lol

Cut/paste of the first lines in the response:
"Hello,

Please note that every your new message moves ticket to the end of the queue."

This -is- valuable information and I thank them for it Re: tickets.

Interestingly, I did have two tickets open, I also replied to one.. so I don't know that this won't also move your tickets to the back of the line when you file a second ticket.... I'm reading it that it means adding to the ticket a message.. but.

Point is, we need to get multiple of us to ticket something to get a speedy response it would appear as opposed to a vocal single person.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #18 Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:31 PM

Captain

• 1086 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

comrade,

you know that light switch in the corner of the server room...

yeah, the one nobody knows what it does

but... boris keeps thinking it will turn on the lights

I, well

I think I know what it does

:facepalm:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 02 September 2019 - 07:32 PM.

Stygian_Alchemist #19 Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9995 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 02 September 2019 - 06:31 AM, said:

comrade,

you know that light switch in the corner of the server room...

yeah, the one nobody knows what it does

but... boris keeps thinking it will turn on the lights

I, well

I think I know what it does

:facepalm:

Problem is Moose and Squirrel.

Also tagged with hangar chat, hangar, chat

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users