Jump to content


i know this is world of war planes but


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

sandtiger #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20173 battles
  • 1,402
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

i just so some thing that may make me switch to wows for a bit  i  well have to wait till the patch is done but there bring out the main  reason i was not play wows  in the first place... till about a year ago i was not going  to play it because they did not have u boats ...but they are bring them out now ...so i have more reason to play now..  it going to be hard to divided my time   with all 3 games but i always wanted a sub  tank and aircraft game now i have all 3... so it going to be hard to  pick which one t to play  when the sub come out for random battles..

 war game has  give me something to spend more time look at world of war ships now .. anyway  the patch is come out soon so i know there are a few of you that like world of warships so i thought i pass it along if you had not see the info of late first person talk  about it was the mighty jingles  then i look today and the world of was ship has a video for it and a patch its down load as i am type this  but if you do not see me as much it because i am either doing real life stuff or i play one of the other two game do not get me wrong i sure i well be on here to  but subs  are a new idea for world of war ship and i  am happy they finely gave me the subs  anyway  here look forward to war gaming future  any have fun and i will see you in the sky on land and in the water  have fun in what every game you are playing today 

 


Edited by sandtiger, 21 August 2019 - 11:41 PM.


jonnymule74 #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5169 battles
  • 78
  • Member since:
    12-15-2013
HF&GL. :honoring:
Ask me if I GAF.......

pyantoryng #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:18 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2060 battles
  • 8,387
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I haven't been back there for some time after they messed with carriers leaving their gameplay very tedious and boring for a 2-tier worth of grinding.

 

...I focus on Planes now because it only ask for one full Ships' match worth of time each day...

 

Subs? Don't like the idea of that myself but to each their own...going back on words is nothing new...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

NL_Celt #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1106 battles
  • 100
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012
I play all three, at various times concentrating on one or the other or maybe two. WOT was and probably will always be my favourite. The other two for the longest time were not workable on my old computer. But I have played a lot of WOWP recently and none of the others. WOWS is okay, but a little limited. Having subs may add in some extra versatility. I'l be having a look again.

Deltavee #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:27 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2622 battles
  • 546
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postsandtiger, on 21 August 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

i just so some thing that may make me switch to wows for a bit  i  well have to wait till the patch is done but there bring out the main  reason i was not play wows  in the first place... till about a year ago i was not going  to play it because they did not have u boats ...but they are bring them out now ...so i have more reason to play now..  it going to be hard to divided my time   with all 3 games but i always wanted a sub  tank and aircraft game now i have all 3... so it going to be hard to  pick which one t to play  when the sub come out for random battles..

 war game has  give me something to spend more time look at world of war ships now .. anyway  the patch is come out soon so i know there are a few of you that like world of warships so i thought i pass it along if you had not see the info of late first person talk  about it was the mighty jingles  then i look today and the world of was ship has a video for it and a patch its down load as i am type this  but if you do not see me as much it because i am either doing real life stuff or i play one of the other two game do not get me wrong i sure i well be on here to  but subs  are a new idea for world of war ship and i  am happy they finely gave me the subs  anyway  here look forward to war gaming future  any have fun and i will see you in the sky on land and in the water  have fun in what every game you are playing today 

 

 

I comprehend the problem all too well but for me the burning question is Do the destroyers get depth charges?  Guess I'll have to go check.

 

Also, just spent the past 2.5 hours playing the game with the sound down a lot and the sound of C-130 engines running in the background on a YT channel.  Verry nice.

If you like the sound of Herc engines, here's 8 hours worth - https://www.youtube....h?v=Tds7Onwz2-U

 


Edited by Deltavee, 22 August 2019 - 04:31 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU


Maqor #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 1009 battles
  • 26
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR
  • Member since:
    02-01-2019

View PostDeltavee, on 22 August 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

 

I comprehend the problem all too well but for me the burning question is Do the destroyers get depth charges?  Guess I'll have to go check.

 

Also, just spent the past 2.5 hours playing the game with the sound down a lot and the sound of C-130 engines running in the background on a YT channel.  Verry nice.

If you like the sound of Herc engines, here's 8 hours worth - https://www.youtube....h?v=Tds7Onwz2-U

 

 

I really like this one:

 



BB3_Oregon_Steel #7 Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1260 battles
  • 404
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

*Sigh*

 

  Battleship Girl <--------

 

Well, if you like the idea of tooling around underwater at 25 to 30 knots in a WWII diesel electric boat, you'll just love the new submarines when they are eventually released.  Not only that, you'll have nifty acoustic torpedoes at your disposal which will track down your target making it kind of hard to miss if you set things up properly.  Underwater search sonar will be yours ... on yes, those destroyers that are supposed to be hunting you can use hydroacoustic search to find you in some instances ... except that almost no destroyers actually have hydroacoustic search ,,. . 

 

Just don't pay attention to the fact that no submarine even the German wunderboats could make as much as 21 knot or so on the surface and the vast majority (other than the German wunderboats which could make 18 knots underwater) of subs couldn't do better than 8 to 10 knots underwater. 

 

Everyone who doesn't care about the actual performance of historical vessels and just want a thing that supposedly goes underwater every now and then and has the speed of a modern nuclear attack sub in a WWII sub skin, is just going to eat these things up.  If, on the other hand, you want to have an experience that gives you an inkling of driving an actual sub might have been similar to, you really need to be looking somewhere because whatever these things that WG is introducing they are not submarines.  They are little electrons of pure fiction.  Might as well have put underwater space ships in the game.  I think their next step in this is to develop the "flying sub" so subs can gain a little fighter cover as they race around at underwater destroyer speeds. 

 

(Of course I always thought the Seaview was AWESOME, I mean, who doesn't want a manta ray front hull configuration with glass windows right??!!)

 

And to answer some questions here, yes DD's get depth charges which work on a computerized auto drop system so all you need to do is get within a certain range of a detected submarine and the dd will start sending depth charges out.  Highly skill based combat where you really have to master the whole turn right turn left thingee.  If you can't do that, the ASW DD's are not going to be for you.  Just practice more and git gud with the whole turning thing and you'll be ok.

 

Also for those fans of two tier grinding, if you loved it with Carriers you'll love this because SUBS DO the SAME THING!!!  YAY!! 

 

*listens to the crickets chirping*

 

Moving along, yes subs enter the tree at Tier 6, then skip Tier 7 to move to Tier 8, then skip Tier 9 to go to Tier 10. 

 

Other than the items I've just mentioned, yes everything is all good ... 

 

yay subs ... :facepalm:

 


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 22 August 2019 - 10:21 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


sandtiger #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20173 battles
  • 1,402
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostDeltavee, on 21 August 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

 

I comprehend the problem all too well but for me the burning question is Do the destroyers get depth charges?  Guess I'll have to go check.

 

Also, just spent the past 2.5 hours playing the game with the sound down a lot and the sound of C-130 engines running in the background on a YT channel.  Verry nice.

If you like the sound of Herc engines, here's 8 hours worth - https://www.youtube....h?v=Tds7Onwz2-U

 


i know in the video i watch the  dd and i think even the bd had death charges ... the last patch did not up load the subs yet ...from what i can tell

but i know when the are up load they said that the subs will have a mode of there own to start with... so if you do not want to fight subs you do not have two   for a little while  ..they  will run the test server first then they well put the subs in their  own mode while they work on them to try  to make them fare  and to work out deep chage and things  there are may things they can not test  till the subs hit the public sever  .. so this is why they well  be in their  own mode for a bit you can play the game where you do not have to face them or you can play where they are in the match  from what the video said 

 


Edited by sandtiger, 23 August 2019 - 03:13 AM.


CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:08 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3995 battles
  • 4,026
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
It sounds interesting, almost interesting to get me into playing the game.  I played Tanks for a while, but got bored, AND didn't like the chatter.  Ships just never really interested me at all.  But subs?  That sounds like fun.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #10 Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:50 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 88
  • Member since:
    06-28-2017

If subs sound like fun, you should go to:

 


Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 25 August 2019 - 04:51 AM.

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

BB3_Oregon_Steel #11 Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1260 battles
  • 404
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 August 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

It sounds interesting, almost interesting to get me into playing the game.  I played Tanks for a while, but got bored, AND didn't like the chatter.  Ships just never really interested me at all.  But subs?  That sounds like fun.

I'm sure they will be.  Nuke attack boats vs WWII battleships sounds like a blast.


"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:54 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3995 battles
  • 4,026
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 25 August 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

Nuke attack boats vs WWII battleships sounds like a blast.


Literally.  ;)



trikke #13 Posted 26 August 2019 - 01:10 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3409 battles
  • 3,303
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 22 August 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

(Of course I always thought the Seaview was AWESOME, I mean, who doesn't want a manta ray front hull configuration with glass windows right??!!)


You were not even born for many more years.       how do you even know about this stuff?

That was a great, goofy show.     the apocalyptic movie that it was based on, a year prior, terrified me about what the future held


that movie was also my first date...  a double date with my best friend and his sister and her friend, we were dropped off at the theater by his dad


That also terrified me about what the future held.       


Edited by trikke, 26 August 2019 - 01:14 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

BB3_Oregon_Steel #14 Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1260 battles
  • 404
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View Posttrikke, on 25 August 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:


You were not even born for many more years.       how do you even know about this stuff?

That was a great, goofy show.     the apocalyptic movie that it was based on, a year prior, terrified me about what the future held


that movie was also my first date...  a double date with my best friend and his sister and her friend, we were dropped off at the theater by his dad


That also terrified me about what the future held.       

 

We had a TV station that showed nothing but old reruns.  Lived too far away from town to have cable or anything like it so had to use a big old tall antenna where we could get like three stations and one of those was, you guessed it, THAT CHANNEL.  Got to watch Gilligan's Island in Black and White, Land of the Giants in color, Perry Mason in both and yes, even Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!!  

 

Oh yes, and don't forget THUNDERBIRDS!!  Never really knew that that show was about most of the time and the acting was a bit stiff, but all the aircraft looked awfully cool :)

 

Lets see also had Gumby, Mickey Mouse Club, Mr. Ed, I dream of Jeannie, Lost in Space, Star Trek. oohhhh yes 12 o'clock High, the Desert Rats (you know, where I learned a jeep with a machine gun was more powerful than a TANK!!:great:) and... HOGAN's HERO"s!!!!, lots of old movies too.  There was always something interesting on that channel. :)


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 27 August 2019 - 12:25 AM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


GonerNL #15 Posted 05 September 2019 - 10:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1059 battles
  • 1,231
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 27 August 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

There was always something interesting on that channel. :)

 

But did they run "Baa baa black sheep" ??

 

https://en.wikipedia...heep_(TV_series)


Flying on NA and EU servers

Noreaga #16 Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,053
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012
i almost fell off my chair when i saw that announcement, so much "we are not doing that !"  i was curious how they were going to deal with the slow underwater speeds, and general OPness of someone hiding in a bush.  I think i am reading that it was just ignored, what is the trade off ? there must be something to offset the bonuses( are they adding hydro to all dd's?) i stopped playing ships a bit back for no specific reason (or lessons learned from here not to invest in video games), but subs did have me curious that i thought about reading more. Then i see something shiny.

Nimis obnoxii curare


losttwo #17 Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:32 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 4469 battles
  • 13,774
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
SUB's...hmmm, might have to kick start my ships account and check it out.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #18 Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1260 battles
  • 404
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View PostNoreaga, on 05 September 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

i almost fell off my chair when i saw that announcement, so much "we are not doing that !"  i was curious how they were going to deal with the slow underwater speeds, and general OPness of someone hiding in a bush.  I think i am reading that it was just ignored, what is the trade off ? there must be something to offset the bonuses( are they adding hydro to all dd's?) i stopped playing ships a bit back for no specific reason (or lessons learned from here not to invest in video games), but subs did have me curious that i thought about reading more. Then i see something shiny.

 

Yes, WG is "solving" the overall speed problem (both above and under the water) by giving subs surface speeds of 25 - 30 knots and matching that speed underwater as well.   Subs will also be given acoustic homing torpedoes to make up for their otherwise limited firing arcs.  Just ping your target and let those underwater fishies hunt them down. 

 

DD's will have some ability to detect submerged subs and when located a circle will appear on the surface of the water (big circle if the contact is weak, small circle if it's strong) then the DD's drive within the circle and start automatically dropping depth charges.  Of course some of the subs underwater will be nearly as fast as the ships trying to catch them. 

 

Subs will have limited endurance underwater so they will have to surface frequently and they will mysteriously slow down at periscope level. 

 

The entire class of ships is being built on game mechanics.  No real attempt is being made to bring even a shred of realism to these underwater destroyers, the entire project is based on introducing a form of gameplay that is unique (because no vessel, either in the past or present functioned as these things will) and is really WG's first class of weapons based entirely on what WG feels will work for game mechanics, rather than starting out with historical performance and tweaking the designs performance to balance in the game. 

 

I'm sure it will be interesting and unique ... but all things considered, I'd rather play Laser Armed Scuba Hamsters, Nuclear Parachute Toads, and Underwater Lightning Throwing Wombats.  It would be just about as realistic as WG's "subs" are going to be. 

 

If that's not a mark against subs in your book, then these new underwater thingees are certainly going to be different and they are taking applications for close beta testers right now if you're interested. 


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 05 September 2019 - 09:20 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Noreaga #19 Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:39 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • 3,053
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 05 September 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

 

 

hmmm interesting, thanks for synopsis. 

 

ill probably try them when they come out but i'm not interesting in testing/ST at wows anymore. I am also one of those that think that subs are a bad idea. people thought dd's were ruining gameplay? 25-35 knots underwater ?!?!? Seawolf class mark IX...

 

ill wait and see, been wrong so many times would love to be wrong here. 


Nimis obnoxii curare


DeathLord1969 #20 Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 26 battles
  • 164
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014
The acoustic torps must be new as they were not there when they ran the sub event earlier this year.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users