SkyWolf__WM #421 Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 16418 battles
  • [I57TH] I57TH

View Posttrikke, on 13 January 2021 - 08:12 AM, said:

lol, SW       you fell into my honey pot

but there's tons of them on every compass point here in NC

Yeah, I have gone back to reading my copy of "Getting the F'ing Joke for Dummies". I'm on chapter 4, "Holy Feces you're Pitiful"....:(

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

CorvusCorvax #422 Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:43 PM

Major

• 5314 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Well, that was a freakin' blast.  A-26-FEST was nothing short of awesome.  And the Kostikov 302 shoot-out was also kinda crazy.  Much enjoy.  Very laughter.

trikke #423 Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:22 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

it was a fun session!         good company, ridiculous scenarios       

WG has the raw data of what we did, and overnight, a dev team poured over the results...  "They musk bee stopped!"      nope     no, you can't

at the end of the night, we all said a few words over the grave of Capt Underoos, because he probably is dead, if he didn't come to last night's SNL

so sad      on Friday, i told him to take a nap Sat afternoon so that he could stay awake longer last night     not a dirt nap     i shoulda been more clear

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #424 Posted 17 January 2021 - 04:42 PM

Major

• 37258 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

lol

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #425 Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:54 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

at times, it's been difficult to get new SNL pilots loaded into WG's Discord channel that they've rented for all of us to use for free

i would ask if anyone has ever seen a tutorial to get in, to post it here         i'm no help, it took me 10 months to find out how to turn on the names overlay 

i do know that it's smarter to d/l the client, instead of using the web version       but the tiny invites that we send folks only work on the web version

i'm going to post one here, but i think it's good for a week?  a month?   24 hours?        shouldn't WG have demanded a perma-link when they got this?

omg!      i think that i just figured out how to create a permalink that auto-assigns the voice permissions!        new folks, try it!

https://discord.gg/GaJwEMD3YT

yep, but it's only a one time use thingy      ask anyone to assign you a permanent role, once you've made in into flight #2

edit:   copy down your pw and the 4 numeral ID that they assigned you, so later you can d/l the client and enter them in

i know this sounds daunting, Cappy, but it's no harder to do than using a typewriter or thumbing through a phonebook  not as easy as that

Edited by trikke, 22 January 2021 - 11:12 PM.

trikke #426 Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

so.    make some time tonight, Cappy.       get a lazy afternoon nap today.      I'll seat you at the head table

CorvusCorvax #427 Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:13 PM

Major

• 5314 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Maybe we can have a MiG-fest?  Or a "Soviet Planes of T5"-fest?

trikke #428 Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:31 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

didn't read this until now, brother!       

of course         everyone has the mig-3, or something that's close        is the 3T a T5?      i've got that      let me look      nope, T7     very turny, no altitude 

we did do turny planes at T5, that was fun       nobody dominated the scores, i don't think       

turny planes driven by superpilots who never fly them is a great skills equalizer, we've noticed over the 18 months that SNL has run

and anything russian in midtiers would be a stretch for most folks, but we'll try it

edit:  and remind me to run another all-A26 battle       that was so fun     

if i threw a wall of T-5 B-17Ds in for the bots and said "no front guns, only aerial bombkills"     do you think we could pull that off?

or use Pe-2s?       or use fast reloading MRs?

Edited by trikke, 24 January 2021 - 09:19 PM.

Corsair4790805 #429 Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:13 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1850 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 24 January 2021 - 08:31 AM, said:

didn't read this until now, brother!       

of course         everyone has the mig-3, or something that's close        is the 3T a T5?      i've got that      let me look      nope, T7     very turny, no altitude 

we did do turny planes at T5, that was fun       nobody dominated the scores, i don't think       

turny planes driven by superpilots who never fly them is a great skills equalizer, we've noticed over the 18 months that SNL has run

and anything russian in midtiers would be a stretch for most folks, but we'll try it

edit:  and remind me to run another all-A26 battle       that was so fun     

if i threw a wall of T-5 B-17Ds in for the bots and said "no front guns, only aerial bombkills"     do you think we could pull that off?

or use Pe-2s?       or use fast reloading MRs?

I have the MiG-3.  I should have it spec'd before the next SNL.

A-26s against B-17Ds?   That could prove interesting....or painful....or both.   The A-26 has a pretty quick reload speed on its bombs though, so that's helpful.  Unlike the minute+ for the crappy "I hate this plane" F11C-2's one (very big) bomb.

trikke #430 Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:44 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

it's been a while, so i thought i would post about last night's SNL

we've flown every Saturday night for a long long time now, with a great bunch of fun pilots each time, but last night's session felt unique 

we started off flying co-op tier 5 turny planes against T6 and then T7 BnZ planes driven by veteran bots     

we beat the T6s, but lost to the T7s?    i cannot remember       or maybe the bots beat us both times?

then a bunch of "Chip Away at the Red Human's Hitpoints But Don't Kill them, or You Have to Suicide" battles, when you win by killing red bots

until squall time arrives... then everybody kills everybody        at anytime during the battle, you can still kill your red buddies by F4-ing bots at them 

when someone notices that the squall is coming, we all start to jockey around to get behind a red guy     

so much fun... both sides are on the same Discord flight together      there's much good-natured ribbing during the whole battle     maybe too much?

then came Ram the Rabbit, and that's when our new buddy SgtZak rolled in     what a genuinely great guy     and a fantastic pilot

we shared the loosey-goosey RtR rules with him, and he jumped right in      it's always interesting to hear a new pilot experience RtR for the first time

after many battles, until everyone got to be a Rabbit, we switched to Ram Your Neighbor all in identical planes     we flew GAs, then turny mid-tier LFs

join us next Saturday evening at 9:30 pm EST in the training room... look for Michael's SNL and tune into Flight #2 on WG's own NA Discord channel

Edited by trikke, 21 February 2021 - 07:46 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #431 Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:05 AM

Major

• 1528 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
:rolleyes:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #432 Posted 27 February 2021 - 06:45 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
miss yer shaggy face, L       join us tonight?

Corsair4790805 #433 Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:54 PM

• 1850 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I won't be able to join tonight :(  May be a few weeks until I can join you guys for the fun and games.

I may have some higher tier (i.e.,tier 6) planes by then....not that I'll necessarily be able to fly them well LOL

Have fun pilots :honoring:

trikke #434 Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:48 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
We had a great time last night, T.   You were missed

We'll look for you in the weeks ahead!

Corsair4790805 #435 Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:25 PM

• 1850 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Hey trikke -

Saw this on another thread in the forums and thought it might be something fun to do in SNL - racing :)

http://forum.worldof...665#entry826665

trikke #436 Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:05 PM

Major

• 5433 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorsair4790805, on 05 March 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

Hey trikke -

Saw this on another thread in the forums and thought it might be something fun to do in SNL - racing :)

http://forum.worldof...665#entry826665

omg...    that looks fun!      and maybe some "fender scraping" during the race!        and a figure eight pylon race!

heavy fast planes couldn't turn as quickly, but slower turny planes could jump way out ahead at the pylons

a full team of red bots would chase everyone around        what bots would only hunt humans and leave the caps alone?

could we use the tall radio towers on the Flanking Maneuvers map we use for Ram your Neighbors?    or the little middle city's stone towers on the Ram the Rabbits map?       

or the plant towers on that same map?    you could choose to fly wide around the caps to dodge the AA, or go around just the towers, or even one tower

or have to go under the bridges?     omg         and how about a combination of all of those obstacles!!!

i wish we could figure out an auto-lap-counter       maybe the winner of the previous race orbits overhead and counts laps/calls fouls?

everyone start thinking of rules to balance out different classes...             or just fly T3-T4?           tailgunners and bombs and rockets?

ty, T!   try to join tonight?        everyone else... help me think of things that could go wrond     (Edit: go wrong... there's one!)

none of my planes have a full speed build and i don't want to mess with remembering to change them back, darn it

Edited by trikke, 06 March 2021 - 05:07 PM.

LMG #437 Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Posttrikke, on 06 March 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

omg...    that looks fun!      and maybe some "fender scraping" during the race!        and a figure eight pylon race!

heavy fast planes couldn't turn as quickly, but slower turny planes could jump way out ahead at the pylons

a full team of red bots would chase everyone around        what bots would only hunt humans and leave the caps alone?

could we use the tall radio towers on the Flanking Maneuvers map we use for Ram your Neighbors?    or the little middle city's stone towers on the Ram the Rabbits map?       

or the plant towers on that same map?    you could choose to fly wide around the caps to dodge the AA, or go around just the towers, or even one tower

or have to go under the bridges?     omg         and how about a combination of all of those obstacles!!!

i wish we could figure out an auto-lap-counter       maybe the winner of the previous race orbits overhead and counts laps/calls fouls?

everyone start thinking of rules to balance out different classes...             or just fly T3-T4?           tailgunners and bombs and rockets?

ty, T!   try to join tonight?        everyone else... help me think of things that could go wrond     (Edit: go wrong... there's one!)

none of my planes have a full speed build and i don't want to mess with remembering to change them back, darn it

You can't race near sectors because of the ADAs and AA guns. It has to be an open area or a Mining Plant

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #438 Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:24 PM

Major

• 1528 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if we go by the honor system...

it'd be a tossup between me and Azis on who'd win

btw... where's that ol' sheep shagger been

I miss him

:unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Viper_7242NC #439 Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16305 battles
  • [VIPR3] VIPR3

View PostLMG, on 06 March 2021 - 12:39 PM, said:

You can't race near sectors because of the ADAs and AA guns. It has to be an open area or a Mining Plant

View Posttrikke, on 06 March 2021 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you want to race without ADA and AA being a bother. Select all bombers at Tier 3. Race in tier 5-7. Bombers won't flip in time for race to be over and AA and ADA less effective. Make the race interesting by putting on Alpine Gambit map. Use flying under bridges as a requirement. Attached is photo of map with bridges marked. Start from right side of map and finish on left. Have to go under two bridges in middle either left or right and finish by flying under last bridge (it's tight). 

So say we all.

LMG #440 Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostViper_7242NC, on 06 March 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

If you want to race without ADA and AA being a bother. Select all bombers at Tier 3. Race in tier 5-7. Bombers won't flip in time for race to be over and AA and ADA less effective. Make the race interesting by putting on Alpine Gambit map. Use flying under bridges as a requirement. Attached is photo of map with bridges marked. Start from right side of map and finish on left. Have to go under two bridges in middle either left or right and finish by flying under last bridge (it's tight).

Hm, that might give me an advantage since I'm used to flying under those bridges with a tier 3 bomber. Upside-down :child:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users