Saturday Night Live training room battles 9:30pm EDT

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

trikke #341 Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:03 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

crosspost from a completely unrelated thread...

starting this upcoming Saturday night, we're mutating!         

the nightmare scenario of all-time greatest top pilots gunning everyone down without so much as a scratch is past history       

we should have done this long ago         

superpilots have already earned their places on the leaderboard       they've worked hard      but every actual battle is really just a training room battle for them, isn't it?

we'll fly PvE for a while     they'll eventually tire of it and go do something else, and then the rest of us regular folks can go back to business as usual 

or... the superpilots can voluntarily downtier themselves         but that doesn't really affect them at all, does it?             

maybe downtiered unspecced planes?      that's a good start         

or... fly same tier specced planes but limit themselves to shooting down only bots, as a handicap        just like golf        if you win, you really had to push yourself

however, both Ram the Rabbit and Ram Your Neighbors will definitely be PvP forever!

i'll see you this coming weekend!

Edited by trikke, 28 September 2020 - 09:04 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

CorvusCorvax #342 Posted 28 September 2020 - 09:15 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Except like the old days, and they can be TWO tiers down.  Getting your F3F lit up by an Emil or a P-38F is probably not super-fun.

HoujuuNue #343 Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10468 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
He forces you to be downtiered and then comes after you no thanks

trikke #344 Posted 30 September 2020 - 06:49 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Nue, i love ya, brother       we all love you     please... join us for PvE this weekend        and Ram        but you're in another dimension than us during our H2H battles 

you know very well that we have to stack the teams against you in every battle        only rarely does that make any difference 

we rotate folks onto your team, just so everyone can have a win         the opposing team has no choice but to headhunt you in every battle         never fun for them or you

please...    think of something, anything that you can think of, that would help us balance you out          but we don't want you to sandbag, it's thrilling to watch you excel

it's a difficult choice for you      it's against every fiber of your being, because you're such a fierce competitor       but think of a way where we all can have fun, please?

pm me, please?      or throw out some ideas?

CorvusCorvax #345 Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:28 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Actually, there is a way.  I've never seen him fly attack aircraft.  Bombers or GAA.  When I play on Saturdays, I often pick planes I haven't flown much, or lately, or aren't meta.  Just for giggles.

Maybe if Nue flew something other than HF, then that might even the score a little.  

InfiniZ3ro #346 Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7905 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

What a great time last night.  Lots of laughter and a great turnout of pilots.  Highlights include the great bomber migration and multiple times, Reito dropping bombs directly into the cockpit of lower flying planes.  Still the most fun I've had playing this game.  

Edit to add.  Davy Crockett

Edited by InfiniZ3ro, 21 December 2020 - 01:58 AM.

CorvusCorvax #347 Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:26 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Dang, I forgot all about it.

trikke #348 Posted 21 December 2020 - 10:51 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

ty, S       loved hearing Ace making up his own raunchy lyrics for the Daniel Boone theme song

and then SFMY blew us away with singing the original lyrics, all the way through to the last verse      most of us only remembered just the chorus      he's got a brain like a giant SSD

yep, it was a great SNL this last weekend!         we flew MRs almost exclusively, for no good reason other than i hate 'em     

we flew as an all human team against an all-veteran bot team one tier higher, then two tiers higher, then three tiers higher       we did pretty darn well, until we hit that 3-tiers-higher wall

then we all switched to GAs, and the bots all flew bombers one tier higher...  and they beat us!      

Then came Ram your Neighbors, where you can only bombkill, rocket kill, turret kill or ram...  NO forward guns!      naturally, Reito figured out the physics early and aerial bombkilled two people in two minutes, a new record

Azis, Cottrell, InfiniZ3ro, Reito, SFMY, Gerr22, LMG and all of other regular castaways from Gilligan's Island showed up, and we ran from 9;30pm EST past midnight

edit: join us in the training room every Saturday evening     We fly all tiers, all classes.     Everyone constantly insults everyone else's skills.    We use Wowp's Discord channel that they bought for everyone to use for free.   Search for WoWPNA, click on the green NA, look for the voice channels all the way down on the left.     Add yourself to Flight 2

if you are having Discord issues, type in our training room chat and someone will help you.    It might be a couple of minutes to notice your chat post.          Join us!

Edited by trikke, 22 December 2020 - 01:34 AM.

trikke #349 Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:54 AM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

And just a hint for everyone...    If you don't already own the beautiful horrible TSh-3, grab it before this coming weekend

Ram your Neighbor will be wall-to-wall TSh-3 this weekend.      Bombs, rockets and a tiny tiny tailgun.       

Tart it up with a ridiculously ugly Christmas sweater paintjob

Corsair4790805 #350 Posted 22 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1418 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

This sounds like fun.  Is this open to any pilots?  Or are there requirements to participate?  I do have the WoWP discord, and at the very least I can provide endless amusement as the more experienced pilots swat me out of the sky repeatedly :)

trikke #351 Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:05 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

oh absolutely come join us, you'll get a warm welcome!      no requirements, no payments under the table

i'll bet that you've seen the voice channels, look for everyone in flight #2 after 9:30pm EST

folks from other time zones around the world will join at different times

Edited by trikke, 22 December 2020 - 10:11 PM.

Reitousair #352 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:51 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14194 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Posttrikke, on 22 December 2020 - 02:05 PM, said:

i'll bet that you've seen the voice channels, look for everyone in flight #2 after 9:30pm EST

As a bit of a note: if you have the "new member" role on the WoWp Discord you won't be able to see/use the voice channels. If you still have it when you want to join the VC, you can just ask about it and people there should be able to help you with getting that role removed.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

SpiritFoxMY #353 Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:18 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6277 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Just for reference this is the particular version of  The Ballad of Davy Crockett I was singing from. With the ridiculous series lyrics.

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 23 December 2020 - 05:18 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Corsair4790805 #354 Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1418 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostReitousair, on 22 December 2020 - 05:51 PM, said:

As a bit of a note: if you have the "new member" role on the WoWp Discord you won't be able to see/use the voice channels. If you still have it when you want to join the VC, you can just ask about it and people there should be able to help you with getting that role removed.

I confirmed that I have the new member role on WoWp Discord.   Do I talk to someone here or on Discord?  Or just wait until SNL?

SpiritFoxMY #355 Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:10 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6277 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorsair4790805, on 23 December 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

I confirmed that I have the new member role on WoWp Discord.   Do I talk to someone here or on Discord?  Or just wait until SNL?

Just wait until around Saturday10pm EST and jump on to Warplanes and Discord. Look for the training room created by trikke or titled trikke's SNL

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

trikke #356 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:12 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i personally wouldn't know how to remove the 'new member' classification      @%$#ing Discord!

i'm sure that the info is in this long long page somewhere, but i glazed over about a third of the way through it   

trikke #357 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:14 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 December 2020 - 04:10 AM, said:

Just wait until around Saturday10pm EST and jump on to Warplanes and Discord. Look for the training room created by trikke or titled trikke's SNL

titled "Michael's SNL"        because nicks suck

we'll watch for you in the training room chat      first battle rolls out promptly at 9;30 EST, rain or shine

remember that every bot's AI will be set at the maximum aka veteran level, even when we fly the lowest tiers     

in-game, you've never seen this before, ever      the game itself always dials down the ferocity to the lowest level in tiers 1-3, for obvious reasons 

veteran level AI bots fly rings around the average-skilled human pilot and can shoot the eye out of a "bar", just like ol' Davy Crockett

Edited by trikke, 23 December 2020 - 01:34 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #358 Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:28 PM

Major

• 34954 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 23 December 2020 - 12:18 AM, said:

Just for reference this is the particular version of  The Ballad of Davy Crockett I was singing from. With the ridiculous series lyrics.

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #359 Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
"kilt a bar when he was three"       tell me who that sounds like, here in the forums...    nvrmind   

Captain_Underpants53 #360 Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:10 PM

Major

• 34954 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
It goes 'when he was only three'.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users