• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

Azis_ #161 Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2001 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Posttrikke, on 03 January 2020 - 07:29 PM, said:

the holidays are over.     you've already broken every resolution

it's time to better yourself, with science!

science says that you'll get better with repetition, and you'll spend Saturday night repeatedly shooting down many planes

at least it's going to be more fun than your middle school oboe lessons

Did you pick the wrong week to give up opiods? (Or insert drug of your choice ) IOW, WTH are you trying to say?

rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

trikke #162 Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

reps build muscle memory.      see you at 9:30 EST tonight!

everyone, please help me stop pounding my mouse.     Rei says I pound it all the time.    i must be pretty loud doing it

if you hear me doing it, make me stop.    the mouse pad gets so messed up, I have to stop.        

my new years resolution:  only smooth motions

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

InfiniZ3ro #163 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4201 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Is your mouse sensitivity way down or something.  You did seem to me frantically "pounding it.  If you have enough room for your mousepad that is 2 feet wide, you have enough room for those smooth motions. When moving the mouse in long sweeping motions, pick the heel of your hand off the desk.  It feels a little wierd(unsupported) but I don't seem to  slam my mouse around. 

Just trying to make sure no animals were harmed during the making of this film

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #164 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:03 AM

Captain

• 1409 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostInfiniZ3ro, on 08 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Is your mouse sensitivity way down or something.  You did seem to me frantically "pounding it.  If you have enough room for your mousepad that is 2 feet wide, you have enough room for those smooth motions. When moving the mouse in long sweeping motions, pick the heel of your hand off the desk.  It feels a little wierd(unsupported) but I don't seem to  slam my mouse around. 

Just trying to make sure no animals were harmed during the making of this film

"pounding my mouse" just seems like a code phrase for something else

... and not the "the eagle has landed"

I just didn't want to be the one to state the obvious

I dunno...

:unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #165 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:06 AM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

lol.      now that I reread this...

I'm trying so hard to stop it.    I'm a better, smoother pilot when I don't.    I only do when I'm in trouble and I'm panicking

I do have my dpi set low, I assume.    375 for the low end, 450 for the high setting.    I use the low for heavies, high for LFs

if I try moving up the settings, my aim suffers.      really suffers.      to help compensate, I found a gigantic mousepad

when I get flustered, I only move my mouse about 3 inches, then pick it up and bang it down back three inches

no idea why

White_Widow18 #166 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 08 January 2020 - 08:06 PM, said:

lol.      now that I reread this...

I'm trying so hard to stop it.    I'm a better, smoother pilot when I don't.    I only do when I'm in trouble and I'm panicking

I do have my dpi set low, I assume.    375 for the low end, 450 for the high setting.    I use the low for heavies, high for LFs

if I try moving up the settings, my aim suffers.      really suffers.      to help compensate, I found a gigantic mousepad

when I get flustered, I only move my mouse about 3 inches, then pick it up and bang it down back three inches

no idea why

*blinks* I have my DPI at 6250. 

Sorry, was just perusing the unread threads and that caught me. I can't imagine playing with my DPI down in the hundreds. I also have a very small amount of space on a very small lapdesk.. so that would end rather badly for me.

trikke #167 Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:08 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I've been concentrating on smooth mouse movements, and I think it's working

please join us tonight at 9:30 EST and you can take turns yelling at me!

I'm going to find a tiny bell somewhere and tie it to my wrist

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #168 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

Captain

• 1409 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 11 January 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

I've been concentrating on smooth mouse movements, and I think it's working

please join us tonight at 9:30 EST and you can take turns yelling at me!

I'm going to find a tiny bell somewhere and tie it to my wrist

tiny bell my [edited]...

you need a shock collar

but, then we'd do it jus' for fun...

and you might start to like it

"bitcoin" will be your safe word

:trollface:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Azis_ #169 Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2001 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
WoWp discord down?
rblsquad.com                                                                                              Key vehicle - Bristol Beaufighter

trikke #170 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

thanks to everyone who showed up last night, and a special thanks to all of the new folks!   ty, ty

BEM, and then a loosey-goosey Axis vs Allies head 2 head, followed by an extremely silly edition of Ram the Rabbit

please join us next week on Discord in the NA channel that WG graciously provided, never knowing how much we were going to abuse and twist the very interesting game they gave us!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #171 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

Captain

• 1409 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 12 January 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

thanks to everyone who showed up last night, and a special thanks to all of the new folks!   ty, ty

BEM, and then a loosey-goosey Axis vs Allies head 2 head, followed by an extremely silly edition of Ram the Rabbit

please join us next week on Discord in the NA channel that WG graciously provided, never knowing how much we were going to abuse and twist the very interesting game they gave us!

thank you sir for hosting this weekly event

and willingly accepting the abuse you receive

it's almost as if you enjoy it

:unsure:

remember... the safe word is still "bitcoin"

CorvusCorvax #172 Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• 4473 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
It was fun.  BEM is always great.  Shooting down Spitfires isn't quite as rewarding when they are being driven by bots, but still fun.

Rather than fck around yet again with my audio settings (that get reset somehow with no input from me), I decided to play like I always do, in total silence.  It was nice.  Really nice.  ;)

trikke #173 Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

we all just assumed that you could hear the abuse and couldn't respond, which was the perfect combination

including the specific negative critique of your performance and the general slagging of your plane choices, etc

you know... the same stuff you hear every week!

we missed ya, brother.     please get it fixed by next weekend?      not the same without your sense of humor

edit: there is a Discord mic self-test in Settings, under Voice and Video

Edited by trikke, 12 January 2020 - 07:52 PM.

CorvusCorvax #174 Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:00 PM

Captain

• 4473 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 12 January 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

we all just assumed that you could hear the abuse and couldn't respond, which was the perfect combination

including the specific negative critique of your performance and the general slagging of your plane choices, etc

you know... the same stuff you hear every week!

we missed ya, brother.     please get it fixed by next weekend?      not the same without your sense of humor

edit: there is a Discord mic self-test in Settings, under Voice and Video

Yeah, I could imagine the abuse, and enjoyed it, even in my own head.

Yes, I know where the Discord settings are - it's my own 3rd-party audio SW that's fcking with my settings - it defaults to completely turning off the mic in Discord.  ONLY in Discord.  TeamSpeak retains given settings no matter what, but Discord I have to play with EVERY DAMN WEEK.

Next week we'll have to see if I'm back from my work trip in time to play.  So, if you want a full room of humans, start advertising on the Community Events page on Wed.  Post a link here, with a tagline "Hey, do you want pure PvP?  Come see what that's like with some of the game's top players (and quite a few potatoes)!"

trikke #175 Posted 12 January 2020 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I will copy/paste your tagline verbatim.     even make it a quote from you.       

that should 'reach a particular audience' that never tunes in to my frequency

do prison convicts even get to play computer games?     why not, it's probably a healthy diversion

let's work together like about 9:15, if you're back from your trip.   

TS and Discord will run concurrently, I'll jump into OWSS TS or invite you into RAW's TS, then we'll get you fixed

I have an idea what it is

trikke #176 Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:00 AM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
let's get together this Saturday night?    9:30pm EST

trikke #177 Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 28 November 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Okay, couple of ideas:

Once, we played "B-32 vs. You" with one side B-32s, and the other whatever they wanted to play.  So, same idea, except on Cold Peak with 5 garrisons.  And keep adjusting teams until the B-32s don't win.

I'm sorry I missed the P-12 fest.  I want to play that one.

Next idea - T3, premium planes only.  Pick your plane, but pick it well, because there are some OP T3 premiums...

Heavy fighter fest.  HFs only, maybe T5?  T6?  Or GAA only.  T4 or T5.

Messerschmitt-your-pants.  T5/T6, German planes only. 

Or, Yank Your Doodle - American planes only, same idea.

We never remembered to try your new ideas!     Great out-of-box thinking, brother!

Let's do ALL of them tomorrow!

CorvusCorvax #178 Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• 4473 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 17 January 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

We never remembered to try your new ideas!     Great out-of-box thinking, brother!

Let's do ALL of them tomorrow!

Thanks!  I am proud of the titles of my ideas, more than the ideas themselves.  LOL.  The B-32 thing was such a riot.  I remember laughing uncontrollably at mbnv_fw and his antics.  I sure hope I'm able to play.

Come on out and join us!  Listen to the inebriated and profane rantings of ACE!

trikke #179 Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• 3881 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
oops.   I forgot to type this earlier this week...     I'm far too lazy to search out the Community Events forum

"Hey, do you want pure PvP?    Come see what that's like with some of the game's top players (and quite a few potatoes)!"

Azis_ #180 Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2001 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Uhmmm...???? "Guilty?"

Edited by Azis_, 22 January 2020 - 01:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users