Rocket Kills

Rocketeer Rocket Kills Bomb Kills API Mini Rockets

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

farquare #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:01 AM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

Been flying BVPs since 1.9 Game and have fallen in love with the planes.  I have been through it all with being able to take out an IL-20 with one volley to doing 5 rocket kills in one battle with the BFP-215 back in 1.9.  Now after nerfing the rockets no longer take out 1100 HP with one volley the number seems to be less than 800 at most.  Despite that I still love the planes.  In the beginning I tracked rocket kills in the API but with the start of 2.0 those stats have been removed.  So now we are left with the award count instead which is not a real indication of how good you are with doing this task.  In this game I know of two people that lead the pack in rocketeer awards and that is myself and EvilSnowMan.  I know that some of you will remember an individual back in 1.9 that had over 3,000 rocketeer awards but that individual was kicked out of the game and only has 7 rocketeers in 2.0. 

Soooooo, here is my question: If you think you are in contention for being in the top 10 for Rocketeer awards let me and others know how many you have.

As of today, EvilSnowMan has 1,761 and I have 1,746.

Let us know if you have more or less and where you might be on the leader board.

Also, it sure would be nice to get this and bomb kills back into the API or into the game for that matter.  So sound off to those in power to put it back so we can all track it!!!!!

Thanks for your input in advance

The Quare-From-A-Far

WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 259 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

I think I have maybe ..... three.  One of them was yesterday and by accident.  My right middle finger twitched as I was making a steep turn and off flew a rocket.  I heard a plane explode, and I hope it was one of theirs. :unsure:

WBB

BB3_Oregon_Steel #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1260 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Ha!!  I am not on anyone's leader board because I am Biplane Girl, righter of wrongs, sticking extra wings on monoplanes so they will fly properly and wreaking VENGANCE FROM ABOVE with multiple wings!!!  

That being said, I do have a singular rocket story. 

I was innocently flying along in my LaGG-3 (I know, not a biplane but ... stay with the story) minding my own business when I find myself in a head on situation with a Ki-45.  Belatedly I realize that I am (literally) flying in a plywood plane and that I am dead, Dead, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!! :(

I start casting about for a solution ... can I turn away and run?  Nope, probably not, dive to the side, climb more left or right!?! ... no probably not going to work either (did I mention I was flying a plywood plane??), is there a biplane around that can rescue me?  NO!! ...  OMG I AM SO GOING TO DIE!!!  :ohmy:

Then inspiration strikes me, I have rockets, LOTS of ROCKETS and really having no apparent choice, I just start hitting the R key as fast as my noob girl fingers will type and ... BOOOMMM!!!  Not sure how may rockets hit him but however many their were (I had eight :)) they were enough. 

I AM VICTORIOUS!!!!  YAY Me!!  :medal:

Anyway, that's one for me, apparently 1,761 to go!!  :izmena:

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.  :great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 16 August 2019 - 09:52 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

WhoaBlackBetty #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 259 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Laughing here. That Ki is made of plywood also, and of less quality than your LAGG prolly. Eight rockets for one Jap. He was WELL and PROPER ....... dead.

WBB

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

Captain

• 21551 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

:medal:

LOL Grats!  It just occurred to me, I wonder if they would ever have an event just for biplanes?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

NL_Celt #6 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1106 battles

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 16 August 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Ha!!  I am not on anyone's leader board because I am Biplane Girl, righter of wrongs, sticking extra wings on monoplanes so they will fly properly and wreaking VENGANCE FROM ABOVE with multiple wings!!!  

I was innocently flying along in my LaGG-3 (I know, not a biplane but ... stay with the story) minding my own business when I find myself in a head on situation with a Ki-45.  Belatedly I realize that I am (literally) flying in a plywood plane and that I am dead, Dead, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!!! :(

I start casting about for a solution ... can I turn away and run?  Nope, probably not, dive to the side, climb more left or right!?! ... no probably not going to work either (did I mention I was flying a plywood plane??), is there a biplane around that can rescue me?  NO!! ...  OMG I AM SO GOING TO DIE!!!  :ohmy:

Then inspiration strikes me, I have rockets, LOTS of ROCKETS and really having no apparent choice, I just start hitting the R key as fast as my noob girl fingers will type and ... BOOOMMM!!!  Not sure how may rockets hit him but however many their were (I had eight :)) they were enough. 

Couldn't have been a LAGG-3 or LAGG-3 34. No rockets. Yak 7 perhaps?

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

Captain

• 3995 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 August 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

:medal:

LOL Grats!  It just occurred to me, I wonder if they would ever have an event just for biplanes?

Community event along the lines of trikke or mnbv_fw?  Or events like WG-sponsored events?

I can see it now - run what you brung T4 biplane.  If it's not a biplane, you can't play.  That limits the field a little, but at least it could be on a small map, and you could get around in a hurry.

OR:

T2, run what you brung biplane madness.  But then you'd get the skies full of Ar-67s and -68s. and a few Hs-123s  :)

gerr22 #8 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4652 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

farquare #9 Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 16 August 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

hey you may want to consider moving from the "R" key to the right mouse button if you are using the RMB for anything else.  It eliminates having to hunt and peck for the R key

losttwo #10 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4469 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postfarquare, on 17 August 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

hey you may want to consider moving from the "R" key to the right mouse button if you are using the RMB for anything else.  It eliminates having to hunt and peck for the R key

unless you ae missing that finger:hiding:

losttwo #11 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4469 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Rocket and bomb kills. 

Overall or just since the start of 2.0

EvilSnowMan14 #12 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 12373 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
far u might catch me for a min with the rockets but wont stay ahead of me long. But how many Golubev ya got? <o

Edited by EvilSnowMan14, 17 August 2019 - 01:34 PM.

farquare #13 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostEvilSnowMan14, on 17 August 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

far u might catch me for a min with the rockets but wont stay ahead of me long. But how many Golubev ya got? <o

not trying to catch you, just staying ahead of Greg_P

farquare #14 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Postlosttwo, on 17 August 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Rocket and bomb kills. 

Overall or just since the start of 2.0

just 2.X and nothing more just like everything else with the exception of Hash marks

farquare #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostEvilSnowMan14, on 17 August 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

by the way, how many hash marks do you have on that Bat???

farquare #16 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

...and no I am not even trying to out do you on G-Medals

farquare #17 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK
EvilSnowMan, just checked and you only have 5 hash marks on that 210 where as I have 7 on mine.  so no I wont catch you on G-Medals but you wont catch me on hash marks

farquare #18 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK
I am 220 enemy kills away from 12,000 as of this morning

GeorgePatton #19 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:38 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1508 battles

It would be cool if we could see the ratios of medals to battles. I suspect many of the ‘leaders’ are just the ones who put a lot of time into the game - which is fair, or course. I would just like a way to see at a glance how effective players are regardless of number of battles played. McCampbell’s, Golubev, Akamatsu, Gabreski, Efimov, etc per battle would be a very good way of seeing how good a player is as opposed to just win rate or ‘aircraft type effectiveness’.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

farquare #20 Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 11913 battles
  • [FK] FK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 17 August 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

It would be cool if we could see the ratios of medals to battles. I suspect many of the ‘leaders’ are just the ones who put a lot of time into the game - which is fair, or course. I would just like a way to see at a glance how effective players are regardless of number of battles played. McCampbell’s, Golubev, Akamatsu, Gabreski, Efimov, etc per battle would be a very good way of seeing how good a player is as opposed to just win rate or ‘aircraft type effectiveness’.

Cheers!
Glenn

Glenn, that would be great!!!!!

And if they would just put the data in the API we could do that stat calculation ourselves

But sad to say they don't even want us to see the data

Just like in the old game in the top left corner was the head count of people playing and that went away with all the other great info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users