I-16-29

MRF multirole equipment pilot builds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Stygian_Alchemist #1 Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9977 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I don't play low-tier much and I play MRFs even less. This little bugger though is one I got a long time ago and honestly find fun even though I feel about as useful as a gnat buzzing around a giant's... well.. you get where this goes.

She's high maneuver, good ordnance loadout, but rather slow. Punchy about acceleration though.

My point is, with only a cockpit, airframe, and outboard weapons slot.. 

Anyone have suggestions for pilot skills and equipment or any good anecdotes about the plane? Because so far I'm laughing as -much- larger planes try to head-on me and I get a mutual kill with those vicious little rockets =D

Side-note: I love this plane's looks and styling. It reminds me of something off of Disney's Tale Spin

Editing to add: Link to plane - https://worldofwarplanes.com/warplanes/ussr/i-16-29/

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 15 August 2019 - 08:41 PM.

losttwo #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4359 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

It is a fun plane to fly. 

More so wen you can stay at a center airfield and keep flipping the capture. 

Or the center command center

My load out is for speed now that it is finally specialized. 

As for the pilot I just keep switching different pilots into it for the XP growth. 

Edited by losttwo, 15 August 2019 - 08:58 PM.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1251 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I have it.  It's basically a ground attack variant of the ubiquitious I-16 which adds a bomb load out to it's existing rockets.  Without her bombs, she's a lot like a late model I-16, a little more maneuverable but not as much gun power  (one 50cal and two 30cal vs two 20mm and two 30cal for the I-16(l) as fully improved, but more than the stock version with it's four 30cals) but otherwise it's hard to tell the two apart. 

What you are going for with this plane is the bombs which make her much more powerful in the ground attack role of the whole "multipurpose" fighter bomber idea. If I were selecting skills and equipment for the 29, I'd probably be looking to expand on that capability rather than configuring her as an air superiority fighter and pick skills and equipment to match. 

Of course she is one of those dastardly monoplanes sooooo ... you probably need to take a biplane girl's opinion with a grain of salt.  

In the meantime ... BIPLANE FIGHTERS ATACK!!!!  :izmena:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 16 August 2019 - 08:15 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

qu33kKC #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7166 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

the Snowflake Plane (Borovkov-Florov I-207/4 )  is basically better in every way, except for not having rockets.  (and it's a biplane. . . . . . )

I got one in a crate, sold it off due to being so AGONIZINGLY slow.

WhoaBlackBetty #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 259 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Y'all inspired me to fly that mean lil bee, and it is MEAN.  Easily killed if you fly in a straight line too long, but the bombs and rockets make it a pretty good FAST light ground attack, and a fun one.  Once you get to T&Bing with other planes, the MGS are not the buzz saw the I-16's or the I-17's are, but they will do excellent damage without overheating.  Both battles were against tier 5s, but I saw where it would be an even more dangerous enemy plane if not uptiered.

WBB BAM a LAM

Corrected to say both battles against tier 5s, not tier 4s.

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 17 August 2019 - 12:35 PM.

Stygian_Alchemist #6 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 9977 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Flown it a few more times. Put hardpoints and lightweight wings on it. Cockpit I'm still undecided. Enjoying the insanely fast reload and discovering it's an ordnance machine and that the rockets are quite good for shotgunning air to air.

Also tagged with MRF, multirole, equipment, pilot, builds

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users