I am an A-S-S

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

InfiniZ3ro #1 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2858 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

It has been brought to my attention through multiple invites from a very persistent, and prominent bomber pilot from within the community, that I may be an A-S-S. 

I know.  It's a scary thought.  It has caused many sleepless nights and bouts of anxiety.  I don't know how many times I've denied it.  Maybe it's the fear of being labeled, maybe it's the expectaions that come along with that label.  Honestly, I don't know.  What I have read and seems to be true, in theory at least, is that you cannot be your best self if you are not living honestly.  With yourself, or with anyone for that matter.  Be true to who you are.  Some will like, or even love you for it.  Others will dislike or hate you for it.  

After much introspection, reflection, and consultation with those closest to me.  I finally think I'm finally ready to admit it.

Hi, my name is InfiniZ3ro, and I'm an A-S-S.

Sink_Stuff #2 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

They are a nice bunch who are certainly an A-S-Sett to the game and the player base. Most have been here for years. I however just left them, and they certainly may not be for you. Why? Well a newly returning player said in thier discord that he had many concerns. I assumed about the game or the clan, but he refused to actually say what they were, but just that he had "Many". As a joke I wondered if he had the following concerns since he didn't actually mention anything specific. 

1. Are you concerned that your beard isn't growing in right enough to complete your carefully crafted hipster look?

2. Are you concerned that you will have to find another local elitist coffee shop since Starbucks is too mainstream?

3. Are you concerned that your thrift store jacket that you spent two weeks looking for in order to complete that look of "I'm a hipster who pretends that I don't care about how I look" doesn't actually go with that expensive dress shirt that you planned to wear with it?

Basically I was joking that his concerns were all meaningless, narcissistic, and millennial. Instead of laughing, he got offended. LOL, I guess I called him out too much for being a hipster. A "sergeant", who literally threw his rank around at me like it meant something, told me that he NEVER wants to read anything like that from me again. I immediately left the supremely offended, hipster clan of rank tossers. But before this incident occurred, that told me who they REALLY were, they were very helpful to me and gave me all kinds of great advice.  

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 13 August 2019 - 01:29 PM.

losttwo #3 Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3926 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
yes you are :P

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSink_Stuff, on 13 August 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

They are a nice bunch who are certainly an A-S-Sett to the game and the player base. Most have been here for years. I however just left them, and they certainly may not be for you. Why? Well a newly returning player said in thier discord that he had many concerns. I assumed about the game or the clan, but he refused to actually say what they were, but just that he had "Many". As a joke I wondered if he had the following concerns since he didn't actually mention anything specific. 

1. Are you concerned that your beard isn't growing in right enough to complete your carefully crafted hipster look?

2. Are you concerned that you will have to find another local elitist coffee shop since Starbucks is too mainstream?

3. Are you concerned that your thrift store jacket that you spent two weeks looking for in order to complete that look of "I'm a hipster who pretends that I don't care about how I look" doesn't actually go with that expensive dress shirt that you planned to wear with it?

Basically I was joking that his concerns were all meaningless, narcissistic, and millennial. Instead of laughing, he got offended. LOL, I guess I called him out too much for being a hipster. A "sergeant", who literally threw his rank around at me like it meant something, told me that he NEVER wants to read anything like that from me again. I immediately left the supremely offended, hipster clan of rank tossers. But before this incident occurred, that told me who they REALLY were, they were very helpful to me and gave me all kinds of great advice.  

Sorry you had a bad experience.  Most of our group can take a joke.  Else why be an A-S-S?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #5 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 August 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Sorry you had a bad experience.  Most of our group can take a joke.  Else why be an A-S-S?

Well apparently you have allowed some folks in who just want to have an edgy clan tag but secretly get supremely butt hurt and offended anytime someone makes a joke about people who desperately attempt to appear non-mainstream while in fact being exactly like everyone else attempting to be non-mainstream. You have allowed elitists in your clan who are only there for the shock value of the tag and have no stomach or personal integrity to actually be what the tag says you are. Instead, they behave cowardly and defensively, throwing around meaningless rank at anything even remotely offending to the false pretense world of the mainstream, butt-hurt hipster, fad chasing world. Basically you invited a ton of people who don't belong there, gave them all rank, and now it's ruined. 

OR

What is also a possibility is that you all just chose an edgy clan tag just to be edgy. Meanwhile, you invite people like me who have no problem actually being a "You know what" to people trying to get a laugh. The reality is that I am the one who probably doesn't belong there because the rest of the core clan really only wants to placate to the politically correct, everyone's a winner, don't make waves, world while wearing a tag that implies otherwise. I should have known really. But lesson learned.

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 13 August 2019 - 03:40 PM.

InfiniZ3ro #6 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2858 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Well.  We shall see how this plays out...

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSink_Stuff, on 13 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Well apparently you have allowed some folks in who just want to have an edgy clan tag but secretly get supremely butt hurt and offended anytime someone makes a joke about people who desperately attempt to appear non-mainstream while in fact being exactly like everyone else attempting to be non-mainstream. You have allowed elitists in your clan who are only there for the shock value of the tag and have no stomach or personal integrity to actually be what the tag says you are. Instead, they behave cowardly and defensively, throwing around meaningless rank at anything even remotely offending to the false pretense world of the mainstream, butt-hurt hipster, fad chasing world. Basically you invited a ton of people who don't belong there, gave them all rank, and now it's ruined. 

OR

What is also a possibility is that you all just chose an edgy clan tag just to be edgy. Meanwhile, you invite people like me who have no problem actually being a "You know what" to people trying to get a laugh. The reality is that I am the one who probably doesn't belong there because the rest of the core clan really only wants to placate to the politically correct, everyone's a winner, don't make waves, world while wearing a tag that implies otherwise. I should have known really. But lesson learned.

Well, apparently you have forgotten our rule, 'no drama'.  After reading the weirdness you posted on Discord, I completely fail to see anything funny there.

Good luck going forward (and ease off the paint thinner)

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #8 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 August 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

Well, apparently you have forgotten our rule, 'no drama'.  After reading the weirdness you posted on Discord, I completely fail to see anything funny there.

I will write out some more possible clan response choices that you could post in response for comedic value to others - sorry if you get personally offended, and butt-hurt by my A-S-S comments:

Possible response 1: "I mean doesn't he understand that we are all just terrified pretend non-conformists trying to be politically correct to the very harsh and unforgiving cultist driven world we live in? Doesn't he understand that if we don't conform to the pretend non conformist agenda and actually say things that are touchy or incitement that we will possibly actually offend someone?" This is serious here! Our clan tag is just here to pretend to be edgy because we have to be just like everyone else who is pretending to be an edgy non-conformist, but we really are too terrified to actually say or do anything offending to anyone. I mean doesn't he understand our basic struggle in this cyber bully world?"

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostInfiniZ3ro, on 13 August 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Well.  We shall see how this plays out...

Check out our Discord.  Decide for yourself.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• 3618 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 August 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I literally laughed out loud.

I like the "no drama" thing.  Does that encompass all of clan dealings, or is it limited to in-game/in-clan interactions?

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSink_Stuff, on 13 August 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

I will write out some more possible clan response choices that you could post in response for comedic value to others - sorry if you get personally offended, and butt-hurt by my A-S-S comments:

Possible response 1: "I mean doesn't he understand that we are all just terrified pretend non-conformists trying to be politically correct to the very harsh and unforgiving cultist driven world we live in? Doesn't he understand that if we don't conform to the pretend non conformist agenda and actually say things that are touchy or incitement that we will possibly actually offend someone?" This is serious here! Our clan tag is just here to pretend to be edgy because we have to be just like everyone else who is pretending to be an edgy non-conformist, but we really are too terrified to actually say or do anything offending to anyone. I mean doesn't he understand our basic struggle in this cyber bully world?"

I repeat (because you don't make any sense)  lay off the paint thinner

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #12 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 August 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

I repeat (because you don't make any sense)  lay off the paint thinner

OK so you claim that my Hipster jokes were not funny. So, are you going to say that they were offensive, or are you too cowardly to actually say anything negative while wearing your underpants in public? And no, your pretend rank means nothing to me. Here are the jokes again since you are now going to pretend that you don't remember what they were. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Captain

• 1039 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Sink_Stuff #14 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

The Perfect Hipster dog, the non-conformist, anti-mainstream, hipster dog, who is just like everyone else. Should be invited to A-S-S clan yes? Because he's edgy! invite now!

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 13 August 2019 - 04:29 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSink_Stuff, on 13 August 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

OK so you claim that my Hipster jokes were not funny. So, are you going to say that they were offensive, or are you too cowardly to actually say anything negative while wearing your underpants in public? And no, your pretend rank means nothing to me. Here are the jokes again since you are now going to pretend that you don't remember what they were. 

Why don't you start your own clan?  You can call it something 'hip' or 'edgy'.  You seem to think 'edgy' = 'snark'.  Maybe 'Snarky Sharky's'  or something 'hip and edgy' like that.

Sorry you got the wrong idea from our clan tag.  Frankly, it was nothing more than an excuse for lots of corny posterior jokes.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20648 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 13 August 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Too funny!   :medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #17 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 August 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Why don't you start your own clan?  You can call it something 'hip' or 'edgy'.  You seem to think 'edgy' = 'snark'.  Maybe 'Snarky Sharky's'  or something 'hip and edgy' like that.

Sorry you got the wrong idea from our clan tag.  Frankly, it was nothing more than an excuse for lots of corny posterior jokes.

Right so your going to claim that my jokes were offensive and absolutely refuse to say WHY you think they were offensive. Then your going to try to derail me calling out your wishy washy cowardice and prediction of refusing to ever state why you thought they were offensive. 

I hope everyone from this thread can see why you don't want to be a part of this clan. 

WhoaBlackBetty #18 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 218 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Annnnnnd this is what this game is down to.

The Dracs used to speak their mind with bullets, even got on to one twit publically who somehow made it into the Dracs for this useless junk.

Have a one on one, or best out of 7, or whatever, then shake hands and stop boring the other 10 people who frequent this place.

WBB

Sink_Stuff #19 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 13 August 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Annnnnnd this is what this game is down to.

The Dracs used to speak their mind with bullets, even got on to one twit publically who somehow made it into the Dracs for this useless junk.

Have a one on one, or best out of 7, or whatever, then shake hands and stop boring the other 10 people who frequent this place.

WBB

I told some hipster jokes on their discord and they got completely butt hurt about it. Then they pulled fake rank on me to shut me up. Now they are too cowardly to even say why they are butt hurt about it. I think people need to know who these kinds of people are. Sorry it's boring you. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 13 August 2019 - 04:55 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #20 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:54 PM

Master Sergeant

• 218 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostSink_Stuff, on 13 August 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

I told some hipster jokes on their discord and they got completely butt hurt about it. Then they pulled fake rank on me to shut me up. Now they are too cowardly to even say why they are butt hurt about it. I think people need to know who these kinds of people are. Sorry it's boring you. 

It's just more of the same, not just this in particular.  As the game continues to die off, the forum gets more like this.  Unimportant small things become of ultra importance, people make moral judgements based on a couple of lines on a page, and no one but a couple of us are able to let things slide and make it funny or something instead of mudslinging about nothing.

Proof is our discussion about it between you and me. :teethhappy:

WBB

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users