Jump to content


Untracked event this weekend?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Vanillain #21 Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2192 battles
  • 31
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    02-09-2018
Got my Gabreski medal flying the J7W2! I'm finally the proud owner of a vampire. Haven't flown it yet, hope it's going to be better than the XP-55...

hoom #22 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7688 battles
  • 1,568
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Vampire is amazing.

Congrats!


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

desert786 #23 Posted 11 August 2019 - 12:50 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 13398 battles
  • 98
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostVanillain, on 10 August 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

Got my Gabreski medal flying the J7W2! I'm finally the proud owner of a vampire. Haven't flown it yet, hope it's going to be better than the XP-55...

nice, congrats.

i was one kill away from a Gabreski last night in my J7W3.

 

matches end too fast for me to properly farm those medals

 



Dru83 #24 Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:07 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3139 battles
  • 277
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    03-27-2016
Well, I've been having fun flying my J7W1 around, but I doubt I'm going to get anywhere near the 20 games over 3k ppoints required by the event. It just doesn't seem real doable and with out a way to track how I'm doing... Nice excuse to fly the J7W1 though, since I rarely fly it since I'm waiting on credits to upgrade to the tier 9.

losttwo #25 Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3899 battles
  • 13,644
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Achieved my tier 9 J7W2 and tier 10 J7W3. 

2 new pilots. 

Did the entire 150K personal points for free Hangar in the tier 9 and 10 J7's

J7W2: 62 battles 59.68% W/R

J7W3: 16 battles 50% W/R



pyantoryng #26 Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1987 battles
  • 8,350
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 11 August 2019 - 11:11 PM, said:

Achieved my tier 9 J7W2 and tier 10 J7W3. 

2 new pilots. 

Did the entire 150K personal points for free Hangar in the tier 9 and 10 J7's

J7W2: 62 battles 59.68% W/R

J7W3: 16 battles 50% W/R


Specialized my J7W3 and done the 150k aerial damage with it. It's been collecting dust for too long...



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

losttwo #27 Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3899 battles
  • 13,644
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postpyantoryng, on 11 August 2019 - 11:25 AM, said:


Specialized my J7W3 and done the 150k aerial damage with it. It's been collecting dust for too long...


and you're killing me in it...:great: flippin 17K in one match.

Still working on specializing mine. 

Then again even before 2.0 you were good in them, if my memory serves me correctly. 

There were 3 people that could dominate in Japanese fighters and I was never 1 of them., 



blindfoId #28 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,189
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018
Nice to know that you enjoyed flying the J7Ws. They needed some love :medal:

Throffy #29 Posted Yesterday, 09:33 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4601 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    05-08-2018

View PostVanillain, on 09 August 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

I only have the W1 and W2 so far, but so far they are awesome! I usually have very high pings, so I need guns that hit hard and dont need to hit often.

 

What do you mean by very high ping? 300 to 350ms?  If not, then you do not have high ping at all.

Talanblade has tried these planes on high ping, and they are practically useless :facepalm:, like 80% of planes with slow rate, large caliber cannons, for high ping players.

 

Until they allow us to move to the Asian Server, where we will at least get a 170ms ping, these planes are a waste of credits, no matter the discount.

 



pyantoryng #30 Posted Yesterday, 10:16 AM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1987 battles
  • 8,350
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThroffy, on 16 August 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

 

What do you mean by very high ping? 300 to 350ms?  If not, then you do not have high ping at all.

Talanblade has tried these planes on high ping, and they are practically useless :facepalm:, like 80% of planes with slow rate, large caliber cannons, for high ping players.

 

Until they allow us to move to the Asian Server, where we will at least get a 170ms ping, these planes are a waste of credits, no matter the discount.

 

 

I run a little over 300 ping on NA and the only problem I have is with true derp gun planes (i.e. single shot guns)...especially the end-tier Soviet derp line. I don't have problem with 200+ RPM 30mm guns that the J7 family uses. They are much easier to use than the ones on the 262 because the J7 is much more maneuverable and the slowness means it has more time on target, but you trade pursuing and escaping power for it.

 

...that, or the results I got were all flukes.


Edited by pyantoryng, Yesterday, 10:17 AM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users