Jump to content


Untracked event this weekend?


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SgtZak #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5996 battles
  • 131
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    04-29-2014
the note for this weekend says you cannot track in game progress?  What does that mean?  Do they realize that these events have caused a lot more people to fly just for bragging rights.  Any thoughts?

hoom #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7786 battles
  • 1,572
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I think it means they'll calculate the winner via a spreadsheet/database query afterwards.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GonerNL #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1004 battles
  • 1,190
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

It's just like previous 'unofficial' events For King And Country (British heavies) and Friedrich vs Lightning. 

They determine the results afterwards by extracting data from the database (IIRC).


Flying on NA and EU servers

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:00 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20786 battles
  • 2,971
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I don't know if you can dignify this weekend by calling it an event.  More like a .............meh.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1049 battles
  • 4,532
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 08 August 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

I don't know if you can dignify this weekend by calling it an event.  More like a .............meh.

what!

Engines Roaring

 

From August 9 till August 12, join battles on your favorite warbird, complete missions, and receive valuable rewards!

you can win a hanger slot dude...:amazed:

oh you mean the :

Magnificent Lightning

 

Beware of the coming storm this weekend! Outrun a lightning and strike from above with powerful large-caliber cannons. Show your enemies the true meaning of the way of Samurai — take your victory at all costs!

Full news text

great, if you have a tier 8-10 Japanese

the flag-japan.pngclassmulti.pngviii_XzQdvno.png Kyushu J7W1 Shinden
the flag-japan.pngclassmulti.pngix_pvjqm8t.png Kyushu J7W2 Shinden-Kai
or
the flag-japan.pngclassmulti.pngx.png Kyushu J7W3

yeh, I cried real tears

:(


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


blindfoId #6 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostGonerNL, on 08 August 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

It's just like previous 'unofficial' events For King And Country (British heavies) and Friedrich vs Lightning. 

They determine the results afterwards by extracting data from the database (IIRC).

 

Absolutely correct. Thank you for forwarding the information! :honoring:



GonerNL #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1004 battles
  • 1,190
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 08 August 2019 - 03:01 PM, said:

 hanger slot 

 

I googled that but am unsure why WG would let us win one of those ... 


Flying on NA and EU servers

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1049 battles
  • 4,532
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostGonerNL, on 08 August 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

 

I googled that but am unsure why WG would let us win one of those ... 

doh

my wife won't let me have one of those

I get my clothing out of cardboard boxes

:facepalm:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Stygian_Alchemist #9 Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9287 battles
  • 1,745
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
It's funny.. in theory I could take any of the three japanese MRFs out this weekend.. and... I refuse.

Walling an event with major rewards behind a specific plane or planes which not everyone has? Eh *shrug* Just seems bad PR for a small population game.

blindfoId #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,195
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 08 August 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Walling an event with major rewards behind a specific plane or planes which not everyone has? Eh *shrug* Just seems bad PR for a small population game.

 

I don't want to disappoint you with the absence of deep meaning standing behind this event, but the reason for choosing these planes is as simple as ABC. The J7W1 made its first flight on August 3 and we had discounts on these aircraft research a couple of weeks earlier. 


Edited by blindfoId, 09 August 2019 - 12:21 PM.


trikke #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:26 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3319 battles
  • 3,237
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

bots drive these things a lot, but I rarely see humans in them


I've never considered getting one...  what would be a quick rundown on the J7W1's strengths and weaknesses?

not that I should get another plane, I need to fly the ones I already own


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Vanillain #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2248 battles
  • 31
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    02-09-2018

I only have the W1 and W2 so far, but so far they are awesome! I usually have very high pings, so I need guns that hit hard and dont need to hit often. These fit the role perfectly. One clean hit will usually cause some kind of critical damage making it easier to finish planes off. They are also really fun to fly with a joystick, with the slow rate of fire I pull the trigger for each shot rather than keeping it depressed, which somehow really adds to the satisfaction of shooting stuff down.

 

My W2 is still stock but sofar I haven't seen any planes that I would not consider taking on in a dog fight, in the FW's I learned to pick my battles... 



Vanillain #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:51 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2248 battles
  • 31
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    02-09-2018
I think an event based on a particular line is a great idea, it's motivation to explore new planes. 

Stygian_Alchemist #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9287 battles
  • 1,745
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostblindfoId, on 09 August 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

 

I don't want to disappoint you with the absence of deep meaning standing behind this event, but the reason for choosing these planes is as simple as ABC. The J7W1 made its first flight on August 3 and we had discounts on these aircraft research a couple of weeks earlier. 

And that's fair, I'm just disappointed that's all the event there is for the weekend. I hate walled garden sort of events even when they've had the barriers to access lowered. I have all of them or all but one of them researched and pilots for them, I just don't particularly enjoy the planes. It's just a frustration at the walling without alternatives if that makes sense. 

I do appreciate running a separate/side/mini event for the anniversary of the aircraft. I would have preferred to have an event I want to participate in/isn't walled/pigeon-holed into a specific plane running concurrently is all :) 



Stygian_Alchemist #15 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9287 battles
  • 1,745
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Posttrikke, on 09 August 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

bots drive these things a lot, but I rarely see humans in them


I've never considered getting one...  what would be a quick rundown on the J7W1's strengths and weaknesses?

not that I should get another plane, I need to fly the ones I already own

Pros: High burst speed for short periods, good maneuver, especially vertical turn and roll, and the cannons will absolutely -delete- most things they hit.
Cons: Does not maintain speed well, bombs are 100% useless (just remove them), guns have a fast overheat/slow RoF/slow muzzle velocity, it's still a japanese plane - meaning it's made of paper and kerosene, and altitudes are not impressive.
Cutes: The prop plane one sounds like a bumblebee on speed and in general they just look neat flying through the sky.



GonerNL #16 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1004 battles
  • 1,190
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Re. the J7W1 ; I got specialist and put gas-operated-action on the guns to get a better rof and faster cooldown. It does help ...

And you can make it even more maneuverable (75) by using lightweight equipment (special project Japan) and aerodynamics skill.

A real GA and (low) bomber killer.

 

Working on the J7W2, still stock.

 


Flying on NA and EU servers

losttwo #17 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:02 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 3971 battles
  • 13,648
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostVanillain, on 09 August 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I think an event based on a particular line is a great idea, it's motivation to explore new planes. 


Yeah this event has made me grind the Tier 9 and try to grind into the tier 10. 

Working on specializing the tier 9 now as I grind the XP for the tier 10.

I already have the Ki-88 but the gold would be nice., 



desert786 #18 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:41 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 13480 battles
  • 101
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 08 August 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

It's funny.. in theory I could take any of the three japanese MRFs out this weekend.. and... I refuse.

Walling an event with major rewards behind a specific plane or planes which not everyone has? Eh *shrug* Just seems bad PR for a small population game.


this read like: i would play the event because i have the time to waste, but I have to fly a plane im not good in/is not stupidly overpowered. This event is trash and i won't do it.

 

very mature. now if this was a bomber mission. you would go out and spend all your food stamps on Monster energy drinks, diet of course and play until your eyes bleed 

 

 


Edited by desert786, 10 August 2019 - 02:49 AM.


Stygian_Alchemist #19 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9287 battles
  • 1,745
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View Postdesert786, on 09 August 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:


this read like: i would play the event because i have the time to waste, but I have to fly a plane im not good in/is not stupidly overpowered. This event is trash and i won't do it.

 

very mature. now if this was a bomber mission. you would go out and spend all your food stamps on Monster energy drinks, diet of course and play until your eyes bleed 

 

 

Dude.. grow up. Seriously. You aren't that impressive in the air 1v1, full stop and no.. I simply do not enjoy the planes. But you're also too thick to realize that bombers aren't even what I majority play. So yea.. as usual.. you're dismissed as anything actually relevant..



desert786 #20 Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 13480 battles
  • 101
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 09 August 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

Dude.. grow up. Seriously. You aren't that impressive in the air 1v1, full stop and no.. I simply do not enjoy the planes. But you're also too thick to realize that bombers aren't even what I majority play. So yea.. as usual.. you're dismissed as anything actually relevant..


the food stamps thing hit home didn't it?

 

when have u fought me air 1v1 that u can even surmise my "skills." most of the battle i see you in you are in a bomber or you quit. and the time i have seen you in a XF 90 you do very poorly, hence my "have to tried capping" taunt. I dont claim to be a good pilot, but i have never seen you do well in a aircraft that is not a bomber when you have competent opposition.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users