Solve a problem; ELIMINATE TEAM DAMAGE

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Deltavee #41 Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2772 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Posthoom, on 12 August 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

It really doesn't though, we have literally one guy who does team damage.

Valid point and I gather he's been pretty much neutered since doing a little time away.  My post was intended as more of a commentary on the beaucracy of the game.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

GrumpyReign #42 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3475 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 11 August 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

That all you got? An unasked for off topic opinion about words in a forum? So what scared you? What intimidated you? :teethhappy:

I know what you are gonna say, so go ahead you of easily bruised delicate sensibilities.

And BTW, I will let you have the last words and, in your mind and some others, win this as I don't give a hoot.  You people who wanna keep on watering down what is left of this game to me are gamer sissies. Period. And end of my part of this discussion. See ya in the skies! I hope you fly better than your easily offended feelings can stand a little slap on your [edited]!

WBB

that was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but i suppose poe's law applies here. :hiding:

Yes, I am an A-S-S.

I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.

WhoaBlackBetty #43 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 261 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostGrumpyReign, on 12 August 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

that was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but i suppose poe's law applies here. :hiding:

Use more tongue next time. :rolleyes:

WBB

Stygian_Alchemist #44 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11045 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 12 August 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

Use more tongue next time. :rolleyes:

WBB

Shouldn't you buy him dinner first if you want more tongue?

WhoaBlackBetty #45 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:59 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 261 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 13 August 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Shouldn't you buy him dinner first if you want more tongue?

It was just a suggestion. Hey, it's his tongue, his cheek.  My tongue, my cheeks are not involved.

WBB

trikke #46 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• 3512 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i've always wondered what fuels a TK's rage...   surely it's deeper than 'i don't like premium planes'    

does name-shaming actually make the actor double down?

is it the exact same mechanism that sends a kid with a gun into a crowd of innocent people?

are there some actions in games that correlate to elevated anti-social behaviors in RL?     who needs a thesis topic?

wouldn't it be great if games could actually pinpoint troubled folks, rather than get blamed for causing the behavior?

and finally, should WG-NA be doing something more than temporary in-game suspensions, given America's obsessions with mass shootings?   no, nope

Edited by trikke, 14 August 2019 - 12:59 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Stygian_Alchemist #47 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 11045 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 14 August 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

i've always wondered what fuels a TK's rage...   surely it's deeper than 'i don't like premium planes'    

is it the exact same mechanism that sends a kid with a gun into a crowd of innocent people?

are there some actions in games that correlate to elevated anti-social behaviors in RL?     who needs a thesis topic?

wouldn't it be great if games could actually pinpoint troubled folks, rather than get blamed for causing the behavior?

and finally, should WG-NA be doing something more than temporary in-game suspensions, given America's obsessions with mass shootings?

TK'ers are fueled by the same thing any bully is fueled by. Which is to say I imagine the reasons are varied in large part.... but and I caveat this. I do feel like the primary motivation is to try to make someone else feel bad in some way for your personal enjoyment if you're partaking of that behavior. At least as a rule. Shooting -back- at a TK'er.. obviously would be different.

trikke #48 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Captain

• 3512 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

dup post

Edited by trikke, 14 August 2019 - 12:58 PM.

gerr22 #49 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4791 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
i suppose naming his clan also counts as name an shame pity they should sort this guy not changing game mech s

GonerNL #50 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1098 battles

View Posttrikke, on 14 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

That's assuming troubled folk all play (a specific kind of) games ... and I really doubt that.

Accusations in that direction are so easy. Some people automatically assume that all shooters are gamers ... but how can a video game where you shoot armed enemy adversaries, inspire people to shoot unarmed civilians (preferably of a specific religion, race, belief, colour, sexual preference) ?? I think they are inspired by something else ... 

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

GrumpyReign #51 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3475 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 14 August 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

and finally, should WG-NA be doing something more than temporary in-game suspensions, given America's obsessions with mass shootings?   no, nope

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 14 August 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

TK'ers are fueled by the same thing any bully is fueled by. Which is to say I imagine the reasons are varied in large part.... but and I caveat this. I do feel like the primary motivation is to try to make someone else feel bad in some way for your personal enjoyment if you're partaking of that behavior. At least as a rule. Shooting -back- at a TK'er.. obviously would be different.

bullies who want to shoot up unarmed civilians become cops. young people shooting up schools or other busy public venue seem to have something more nuanced and sinister going on.. so i'm thinking no, the two aren't related, trikke. also, i'm reasonably certain (but i'd have to dig around) that violent games -> violence IRL has already been shot down, as it were.

Edited by GrumpyReign, 15 August 2019 - 01:16 AM.

Yes, I am an A-S-S.

I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.

trikke #52 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Captain

• 3512 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostGrumpyReign, on 14 August 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

. also, i'm reasonably certain (but i'd have to dig around) that violent games -> violence IRL has already been shot down, as it were.

i saw that same research      seemed pretty conclusive 

but but...  nobody has studied if TKers in particular move on to violence in RL         

and that's where researchers and developers could work together 

all devs have data on all of us, they report repeat TKs' identifying info to reputable researchers, who auto-searches online police reports for bad actions by those names

we signed away our privacy in the Ts and Cs      if you TK, you face the consequences 

WG, please consider this?     we all know that TKs are a problem, now let's find out just how deep and twisted it really goes

WhoaBlackBetty #53 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 261 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

The guy is probably a closet coward who gets drunk and comes out of the closet.  He pins blame for his WP losses and prolly his RL losses on someone who he can attack by surprise, and becomes the cheap bully he is in his heart only in a game (too scared to do it in real life) and only when he drinks too much (the very nature of alcohol is to take away judgement).  All this other jabber you guys are doing is just jabber.  As is prolly my own jabber.

WBB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users