Using boosters be like.....

boosters

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 20628 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I like using the experience boosters, especially on X3 and X5 days.  But lately there seems to be a form attached to fill out your preferences.

1:  What Tier level do you want to be in the battles?

A;  upper

B;  lower    (chk)   

2:  Who do you want on your team?

A;  veterans

B;  noobs    (chk)

3:  How do you want your bombs to work?

A;  go BOOM!

B;  go poof      (chk)

4:  How would you like your gunner to be?

A;   killer

B;   kind and gentle  (chk)

5:  Final question, worth 99% of your grade.  What would you like the outcome of the battle to be?

A;   win

B;   loss  (chk)

:playing:

Congratulations!  You have scored 110%!   (extra credit for being so dang dumb and spending 300 gold)

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

pyantoryng #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1988 battles
I used the free ones I had from the past and from the boxes...:hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20628 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postpyantoryng, on 07 August 2019 - 05:50 AM, said:

I used the free ones I had from the past and from the boxes...:hiding:

HA!  You didn't get the 10% extra credit!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deciballistic #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 4028 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

I have some boosters that I received from crates / missions, but I have been afraid of activating them in fear of possibly wasting them.  I know now when I should activate them and the x5 this last weekend would have been ideal, I just couldn't get myself to do it.  I only have like three of the pilot xp ones and want to make sure I maximize them since I don't spend money to get them.  Next x5 weekend that I will be able to play will be the time I activate one of them.  I hope I have better luck than you with the MM though.

I don't play bombers as much as you, but from what I have played, it has been in my personal opinion, that I can somewhat overcome the downsides of your checklist better when I play a fighter than when I am in a bomber.  Maybe it is because I suck in bombers though.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20628 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

To be honest, I think it was just one of those things with a real bad RNG.  Win or lose, you get the experience boost.  It's just that it is so much greater with a X5 win coupled with an accelerated training crew, a booster for aircraft XP and a booster for crew XP.  They all stack.  With a good win you can get 50,000 XP in one battle but I would say that 25-30K is more usual. 

I would recommend using boosters ONLY when you can devote the time to the game for the entire hour.  Potty breaks, smoke breaks, RL emergencies, etc can waste the time because the boosters are always running, whether you are playing or just picking your nose.  If all goes well, you should be able to get 5 battles out of each booster.  Or 10 battles if you sprung for the two hour boosters.  Good luck!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 2511 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_
I've never given them much thought and never even considered using them in the game 'till I saw this post so I checked the depot and I have 2 Intensive Training , 40 Procurement Sys. Imp'n and 44 Upgrade Imp'n.  Now I need to pick out where and when I want to apply them, as Sage Underwear suggested.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 20628 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Sage?  If that means idjit then my EX would agree with you.      :trollface:      I would suggest holding off until you get a X3 or X5 weekend.   The exception might be the procurement boosters.   I don't think the XP bonus days affect them one way or another but since I don't use them, I don't really know.  Just to prove I really am an idjit, I sold the procurement boosters I've won for a tiny bit of silver instead of using them for heaps more silver.    :hiding:   Sell low and buy high is my motto!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with boosters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users