Jump to content


Biplane Girl's BEST of the BESTEST - Tier III Multiroles


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: What are the BEST OF THE BESTEST Multiroles!!! (8 members have cast votes)

Which of these Tier 3 Multiroles is the BEST of the BESTEST

  1. Blackburn Skua (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. Seversky P-35 (1 vote [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  3. Grumman F3F (6 votes [75.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 75.00%

  4. Polikarpov I-16 (early mod.) (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Kochyerigin-Yatsenko DI-6i (1 vote [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

BB3_Oregon_Steel #1 Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1171 battles
  • 358
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

Want to Bom Bom Bom, want to be a Rocketeer, want to lay waste to red planes in your airspace, well my friend, the MULTIROLE FIGHTER is for you.  Capable of doing just about anything, these versatile aircraft can either be your saving grace (if they are green planes) or a constant irritation (if they are instead one of those evil red flying things).  

 

What more can you ask for??  Well Tier III has some of the best in the business, the prototypes for the fighter bombers which would follow.  Want to get in on the Ground Floor??  Then follow me as we choose the BEST OF THE BESTEST!!!

 

So what's my pick.  Well personally, I have a fondness for all the multiroles in this tier but if I had to just pick one .... how about  the .. 

 

*drum roll please*

 

Grumman F3F!!  - (Biplane, YAY!!!)  

 

In a world quickly becoming the "Skies of the Monoplanes", the biplane fighter RULES THE TURNY AIRPLANE CONTEST. Yep that's right, when it comes to the turny thingee the F3F is the champion.  Her two 50 calibers give her more firepower than her older T2 sisters but at this tier the best thing you can say is that she is "adequate" in this area.  Even though she's going up against a lot of monoplanes, she's actually faster than most so when you combine speed and turny ability, what do you have?  You have a Winner!!

 

So what is your choice? 


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 05 August 2019 - 05:54 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Sink_Stuff #2 Posted 05 August 2019 - 05:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 255
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

When are you doing tier 4 and 5? I mean you must be at those tiers already because it was a 5x weekend. I haven't done them yet because I was waiting on you again after people complained that I was trying to compete with you?

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1039 battles
  • 4,512
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostSink_Stuff, on 05 August 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

When are you doing tier 4 and 5? I mean you must be at those tiers already because it was a 5x weekend. I haven't done them yet because I was waiting on you again after people complained that I was trying to compete with you?

 

6 min... not bad...


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


BB3_Oregon_Steel #4 Posted 05 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1171 battles
  • 358
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View PostSink_Stuff, on 05 August 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

When are you doing tier 4 and 5? I mean you must be at those tiers already because it was a 5x weekend. I haven't done them yet because I was waiting on you again after people complained that I was trying to compete with you?

 

 

Well, I'm trying to do one of these each day.  Each of these takes me a bit of time so while I'd like to stick to that schedule, I'm not sure I'll always be able to. I also don't want to just overload everyone with these.  This all works best if I do these one at a time, give people a day or two to think about it and then move on to the next.  So far I've done T3 fighters and now Multiroles so I still have Tier 3 Heavy Fighters, GAA's and Bombers so I suspect I will still be doing T3 stuff for most of this week provided I can stay on schedule.   If I get to T4 this week, it's going to be late this week, T5's are even further out. 

 

Just as a warning to everyone, Just because there is a 5x weekend, doesn't mean I'm going to drastically be able to change the tier of planes I play dramatically.  I have about 101 planes and I fly them all, so each plane in my hanger has to wait 101 battles before I get around to touching it again.  What this does mean is that I have most of the planes (at least the tech tree ones) out there T5 and below which enables me to reasonably compare the attributes of each plane as compared to the others in it's tier.  What it also means is that my progression up the tiers is slow since I am not playing just one line of plane, nor am I only playing by top of tier plane on each line. 

 

That's why, sadly, my BEST of the BESTEST series is going to top out at T5 but ... well that's ok because what I am attempting to do here is get people thinking about these very important low tier aircraft which may have faded out of the memory of a lot of players here and also to give something for more novice players like myself to relate to.  I mean, as a newer player, conversations about what the best configuration of the YAk-5000 is are kind of unicorn pink fluffy cloud land, but a decent discussion of a P-35 is kind of what they are looking for. 

 

Now all of that being said, I have no problem with you posting polls of your own.  Forums thrive on content and that's content.  I think one mistake you might have made was labeling your polls as the BEST of the BEST which is really similar to my BEST of the BESTEST so people might have believed it was my series when it was not. 

 

You could even approach this without the use of a poll.  You could simply ask people "What do you think is the best Fighter from Tiers 4 through 6" and I'd bet you'd get some answers.  

 

Sorry I can't crank these out faster, but my desire not to "flood the zone" and time limitations sort of dictate my pace.  

 

Best of luck with this project and I hope that you're able to find the information that your looking for. :great:

 

 


"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #5 Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1039 battles
  • 4,512
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 05 August 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

 

Well, I'm trying to do one of these each day.  Each of these takes me a bit of time so while I'd like to stick to that schedule, I'm not sure I'll always be able to. I also don't want to just overload everyone with these.  This all works best if I do these one at a time, give people a day or two to think about it and then move on to the next.  So far I've done T3 fighters and now Multiroles so I still have Tier 3 Heavy Fighters, GAA's and Bombers so I suspect I will still be doing T3 stuff for most of this week provided I can stay on schedule.   If I get to T4 this week, it's going to be late this week, T5's are even further out. 

 

Just as a warning to everyone, Just because there is a 5x weekend, doesn't mean I'm going to drastically be able to change the tier of planes I play dramatically.  I have about 101 planes and I fly them all, so each plane in my hanger has to wait 101 battles before I get around to touching it again.  What this does mean is that I have most of the planes (at least the tech tree ones) out there T5 and below which enables me to reasonably compare the attributes of each plane as compared to the others in it's tier.  What it also means is that my progression up the tiers is slow since I am not playing just one line of plane, nor am I only playing by top of tier plane on each line. 

 

That's why, sadly, my BEST of the BESTEST series is going to top out at T5 but ... well that's ok because what I am attempting to do here is get people thinking about these very important low tier aircraft which may have faded out of the memory of a lot of players here and also to give something for more novice players like myself to relate to.  I mean, as a newer player, conversations about what the best configuration of the YAk-5000 is are kind of unicorn pink fluffy cloud land, but a decent discussion of a P-35 is kind of what they are looking for. 

 

Now all of that being said, I have no problem with you posting polls of your own.  Forums thrive on content and that's content.  I think one mistake you might have made was labeling your polls as the BEST of the BEST which is really similar to my BEST of the BESTEST so people might have believed it was my series when it was not. 

 

You could even approach this without the use of a poll.  You could simply ask people "What do you think is the best Fighter from Tiers 4 through 6" and I'd bet you'd get some answers.  

 

Sorry I can't crank these out faster, but my desire not to "flood the zone" and time limitations sort of dictate my pace.  

 

Best of luck with this project and I hope that you're able to find the information that your looking for. :great:

 

 

BEST of the BESTEST

 

.

.

.

respect

:coin:

 

 

 

 

 

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Booze_Morgan #6 Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 526 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostSink_Stuff, on 05 August 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

When are you doing tier 4 and 5? I mean you must be at those tiers already because it was a 5x weekend. I haven't done them yet because I was waiting on you again after people complained that I was trying to compete with you?

 

 

Sink, as much as I am enjoying these polls, and voting in them, you are not gonna learn a lot from them.  There is no "best", really.  In the multi role category, there are categories within. If you wanna stay highish and kill heavies and bombers, then you fly the Skua, the Di, or the 35.  If you wanna turn and burn at lower alt, it's the F3F.  If you wanna do more vertical dive attacks, the 35, but 'cha better be ready to get back high before the F3F or the I 16 get to you. If you wanna have guns that are like a buzz saw but can only fly low alt, then you have the I 16 (which will get out turned by the F3F.)  There just ain't no  best plane.  It is all about what you wanna see happen when you fly.

 

Don't be in such a hurry, dude.  Just learn how to fly the plane you are in.

 

Booze


Edited by Booze_Morgan, 05 August 2019 - 08:08 PM.

Spoiler

 


BB3_Oregon_Steel #7 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1171 battles
  • 358
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 05 August 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

 

Sink, as much as I am enjoying these polls, and voting in them, you are not gonna learn a lot from them.  There is no "best", really.  In the multi role category, there are categories within. If you wanna stay highish and kill heavies and bombers, then you fly the Skua, the Di, or the 35.  If you wanna turn and burn at lower alt, it's the F3F.  If you wanna do more vertical dive attacks, the 35, but 'cha better be ready to get back high before the F3F or the I 16 get to you. If you wanna have guns that are like a buzz saw but can only fly low alt, then you have the I 16 (which will get out turned by the F3F.)  There just ain't no  best plane.  It is all about what you wanna see happen when you fly.

 

Don't be in such a hurry, dude.  Just learn how to fly the plane you are in.

 

Booze

 

Kind of echoing this to a large degree. 

 

It's great to have people talking about planes in these tiers.  And I certainly know which one's I think are the best of the bestest for me. And that's kind of the point. 

 

I enjoy all of the planes listed above but they are very different and each has it's own play style that makes it most effective. I know what my play style is and I know which planes fit that style best and why.  But that's me, I'm not telling everyone any particular plane is the best of the bestest, I'm trying to elicit opinions other than my own to see what others think is the bestest for them, and maybe get them to tell us why.  

 

It just makes these planes more interesting and hearing from others, selfishly I admit, gives me insight on how they can best be used in ways I haven't thought of yet.  

 

The best way to know if a plane works for you is to go out and fly it. 


"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20645 battles
  • 2,950
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 05 August 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

 

Kind of echoing this to a large degree. 

 

It's great to have people talking about planes in these tiers.  And I certainly know which one's I think are the best of the bestest for me. And that's kind of the point. 

 

I enjoy all of the planes listed above but they are very different and each has it's own play style that makes it most effective. I know what my play style is and I know which planes fit that style best and why.  But that's me, I'm not telling everyone any particular plane is the best of the bestest, I'm trying to elicit opinions other than my own to see what others think is the bestest for them, and maybe get them to tell us why.  

 

It just makes these planes more interesting and hearing from others, selfishly I admit, gives me insight on how they can best be used in ways I haven't thought of yet.  

 

The best way to know if a plane works for you is to go out and fly it. 


Wisdom beyond your years, you have!

 

:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #9 Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:28 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6881 battles
  • 372
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 05 August 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

It's great to have people talking about planes in these tiers. 

 

*agrees*

 

 



trikke #10 Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:28 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3295 battles
  • 3,218
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
so impressed, BB.        such a pleasure to read your stuff
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Captain_Rownd #11 Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:47 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1823 battles
  • 817
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
I only used the tech tree planes briefly and couldn't reserve hangar slots for them at this point.  The tailgunner in the little Di-6i tickles me, so I fly it quite a bit.

Specialist planes:

SPAD S.510 :: P-40 :: MiG-3 :: A6M1 :: XP-44 :: Fw 190 A-5 :: Me 209 V4 :: Venom :: Caudron C.714 :: Ki-88 :: Wirraway :: Tomahawk IIb :: TsKB I-7 :: Ki-5 :: F2A-1


BB3_Oregon_Steel #12 Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1171 battles
  • 358
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View Posttrikke, on 05 August 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

so impressed, BB.        such a pleasure to read your stuff

 

:)  Thanks trikke!!! :honoring:


"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


egikov #13 Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 3454 battles
  • 231
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I like P-35, because it's very fast, so it can kill some heavies and get base to base faster. It also has good machine guns and couple of bombs.

 

Di-6i is good too, but guns are not that good, not fast,  but tail-gunner is cute.

I-16(e) sometimes is fun.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users