Strategy?

strategy

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 20645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

So I played three back-to-back games with the same guy.  I noticed that in the two battles we were on the same team he couldn't shoot carp.  But, in the battle where he was on the other side, he turned into Annie Oakley.

So then I noticed he was on the same leader board as I was only he was way out front.  Is this a strategy that makes sense?  Or maybe just one of those things?  I really can't see the advantage.

:coin:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 02 August 2019 - 01:44 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

Captain

• 1039 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

seem you need a to get that app:

the Restraining Order Hotline

maybe it's your pheromones

I dunno :unsure:

Spoiler

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 02 August 2019 - 03:11 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Vanillain #3 Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2198 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Maybe he just had two bad games, it happens. Or maybe it was stock the first two games and then he got some upgrades. Or he got countered by humans with fighters or something while humans in game three was pve. I doubt he would play badly on purpose, even when teamed up with someone who's attitude I find to be everything that's wrong with "gamers" I've never felt the urge to throw a game. Maybe I've made some moves counter productive to the objective in order to complete a daily thou. 

losttwo #4 Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3922 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Maybe he was having internet issues or phone calls. 

Who knows ? 

You could send him a chat and ask him. 

He might tell you to bugger off, might tell you a lie or even the truth. 

Maybe he throws 2 games to get a better MM advantage. 

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostVanillain, on 02 August 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Maybe he just had two bad games, it happens. Or maybe it was stock the first two games and then he got some upgrades. Or he got countered by humans with fighters or something while humans in game three was pve. I doubt he would play badly on purpose, even when teamed up with someone who's attitude I find to be everything that's wrong with "gamers" I've never felt the urge to throw a game. Maybe I've made some moves counter productive to the objective in order to complete a daily thou. 

If I am reading this right, you find my attitude to be everything that's wrong with gamers?  Could you expound on this a bit?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #6 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 August 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

If I am reading this right, you find my attitude to be everything that's wrong with gamers?  Could you expound on this a bit?

I don't think that was his intent to say that you are whats wrong with gamers. What he said was "Even if" he is teamed up with trolls or team killers lets say, he doesn't intentionally throw games. I don't think he was calling you out or accusing you of anything, more along the lines of trying to claim that even if what he does seems like he was throwing the game it was most likely that something else was going on in the real world that you didn't know about. Basically the essential point i think he was trying to get across is that very little that people do is directed to ruin our day or get at us in some way. Instead, other people are just doing for themselves and rather aren't thinking about anyone else at all. 

One time this guy was just sitting there doing nothing while I was fighting off two guys by myself in WOWS. I died, but I almost killed both of them too. I raged at the troll who only bothered to shoot at the bad guys after I died. Then he told me that he was eating and that was why he was just sitting there and only after I died did he get off his duff and bother to finish off the last guy there who was now shooting at him after killing me. People are often just utterly dog crap selfish morons in these games. Its not that they are out to get you, they just don't give a damn about you at all, if you die, if you need help, if you are trying to win, etc. They only care and do for themselves, so much so, that it often seems intentionally out to screw you over. It's just a reflection of the world we live in now. 

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 02 August 2019 - 08:10 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 02 August 2019 - 08:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
That makes sense.  I'm basically just the curious type.  I was just wondering if there was some advantage to a strategy like that which I just couldn't see.  But it was probably not planned or meant to harm anyone by the individual.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mercsn #8 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2599 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I've seen this too, a few times.  It's rare that I see the same people in a match, even if I'm playing the same tier (maybe they don't like me, either as opponent or teammate and move to a different tier?).   But, on the rare occasions I do see the same people in several games, it has occasionally happened that I'll run into a guy who's just terrible in a couple matches on my team, then is topping the charts when he winds up on red team.

I just usually assume my "motivational chat messages" to him, well...motivated him to want to defeat me. I suppose that means my messages had the desired effect which means my chat ban was earned in the worthwhile cause of helping players improve.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Sink_Stuff #9 Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostMercsn, on 02 August 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

I've seen this too, a few times.  It's rare that I see the same people in a match, even if I'm playing the same tier (maybe they don't like me, either as opponent or teammate and move to a different tier?).   But, on the rare occasions I do see the same people in several games, it has occasionally happened that I'll run into a guy who's just terrible in a couple matches on my team, then is topping the charts when he winds up on red team.

I just usually assume my "motivational chat messages" to him, well...motivated him to want to defeat me. I suppose that means my messages had the desired effect which means my chat ban was earned in the worthwhile cause of helping players improve.

Another part of that phenomenon is that when they are on your team you are doing better than they are, so, unless they are fighting on a different side of the map, then you will out score them and they will have less ways to get a ton of points. You are basically taking points away that they could get. But when they are on the enemy team, they might not have anyone that is any better than they are, so, they tend to shine a lot more because you are not there to get all the caps, kills, and glory. 

trikke #10 Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

Captain

• 3294 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
my pattern is two bad games and then one reasonably decent battle, so it happens, brother
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

desert786 #11 Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13412 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
strategy. shoot planes/bomb GT's in cap circles. EZ

jonnymule74 #12 Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5019 battles

View Postdesert786, on 02 August 2019 - 10:47 PM, said:

strategy. shoot planes/bomb GT's in cap circles. EZ

Excellent advice, I knew I was doing something wrong! :-) 

Ask me if I GAF.......

desert786 #13 Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:38 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13412 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View Postjonnymule74, on 02 August 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Excellent advice, I knew I was doing something wrong! :-) 

85% WR dont lie

Vanillain #14 Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2198 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Sorry not sure how to reply to a specific post. As others have pointed out it wasn't aimed at you at all. I meant those guys who get scored by bots but then blame the rest of the team and leaves early. Lots of really toxic people in the chats. Sorry for the confusion!

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostVanillain, on 03 August 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Sorry not sure how to reply to a specific post. As others have pointed out it wasn't aimed at you at all. I meant those guys who get scored by bots but then blame the rest of the team and leaves early. Lots of really toxic people in the chats. Sorry for the confusion!

Not a problem.   Use the quote key in the bottom right corner of any post you wish to specifically address.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with strategy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users