Jump to content


What are the Best Premium Planes in the Tech Tree for Sale?


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Sink_Stuff #1 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Apparently there may not be any new planes released for sale in the premium store since they are doing some long test. Ok, so I guess all we have left is what is available in the tech tree for sale with gold. So....

 

What are the Best Premium Planes in the Tech Tree for Sale?



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1049 battles
  • 4,532
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

where is legoboy when we need him most

he could answer all your questions in Discord

:facepalm:

he's an expert


Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 01 August 2019 - 08:28 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Sink_Stuff #3 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 01 August 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

where is legoboy when we need him most

he could answer all your questions in Discord

:facepalm:

he's an expert

 

I did join the WOWP Discord, but i am not just asking this info for me. There are others from WOWS and WOT that I game with on occasion that are apparently thinking of playing WOWP on occasion now.

So i was hoping that this info could be more permanent and so the forum is a better place for it

 



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1049 battles
  • 4,532
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

ok... maybe you could post some more threads

get all your thoughts out...

or.

.

.

.

you could research the forum


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Bubba_Zanetti #5 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4624 battles
  • 2,375
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 01 August 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

ok... maybe you could post some more threads

get all your thoughts out...

or.

.

.

.

you could research the forum

 

Odd...yet he has over 1200 pre 2.duh battles...very suspicious.:sceptic:


 

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM


CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3678 battles
  • 3,924
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 01 August 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

 

Odd...yet he has over 1200 pre 2.duh battles...very suspicious.:sceptic:


Well, it *is* a different game now.  The RB-17 didn't exist back then, and it's a pretty darn good premium plane.  Same for the Do-335.



BB3_Oregon_Steel #7 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1196 battles
  • 369
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View PostSink_Stuff, on 01 August 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Apparently there may not be any new planes released for sale in the premium store since they are doing some long test. Ok, so I guess all we have left is what is available in the tech tree for sale with gold. So....

 

What are the Best Premium Planes in the Tech Tree for Sale?

 

Kind of depends on what your friends are looking for.  Are they going to start at the bottom and grind their way up or are they wallet warriors looking to jump into the high tiers right away.  

 

I could be imagining things, but it looks like the current offerings in the premium shop are much sparser than they were just a short while ago. Not a lot of options to choose from right now and none that jump out at me as being especially good, nor horrible (except for the ME 209 which I actively loathe).

 

Good news is that since there aren't many choices, making a selection should be fairly easy.  :great:


Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 01 August 2019 - 09:31 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


Sink_Stuff #8 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 01 August 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

 

Kind of depends on what your friends are looking for.  Are they going to start at the bottom and grind their way up or are they wallet warriors looking to jump into the high tiers right away.  

 

they are returning players as well so, like me they have some tier 5 and 6 planes already. But it is easier to grind this game then ever before. i remember in 2012 it took 8 minuets just to get a game. Then, it could be over in 2 minuets flat and you basically got nothing out of it. It is easier than ever to grind this game now. It's a joke almost compared to when it first came out.



CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3678 battles
  • 3,924
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 01 August 2019 - 09:24 PM, said:

 

wallet warriors looking to jump into the high tiers right away.  

If they are, tell them NOT to do that, because they will be frustrated.  It helps to learn at a tier where the pace is slower.  For string bombers, the He-111 or Ju-86 (for example)  For big-bomb bombers, the Blenheim or the Do-217, for example.  For heavy fighters, maybe the Bf-110C-6 or the SE-100.

 

As examples.  When you master the lower tier, then go big!



Sink_Stuff #10 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:33 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 01 August 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

ok... maybe you could post some more threads

get all your thoughts out...

or.

.

.

.

you could research the forum

 

The problem is that things change over time. When 2.0 came out, all my premium planes seemed to play just like any other planes. It was like a complete waste that i bought them. Now, some years later, after playing 120 battles, they feel different and differentiated then before. Did they nurf things, did they buff things? Eventually I will go and read all the patch notes one after the other since 2.0 came out. However, videos i have seen now are constantly speculating about hidden nurfs and buffs anyway. So really what is the value of reading all the notes and going over old posts when apparently people are saying that a lot of changes are hidden anyway?

 

All of this means that current player opinion still trumps all. What do YOU think are the best premiums in the tech tree. If no one responds, then of course, i will go back and find other info, that may even be so old that its wrong. 


Edited by Sink_Stuff, 01 August 2019 - 09:33 PM.


Stygian_Alchemist #11 Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9287 battles
  • 1,745
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
RB-17, XP-58, Vampire F.1, NC 1070. Those are my goto T8 premiums. None of them ever fail to net me a large haul of cash.

FreeAmmo #12 Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 6252 battles
  • 22
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

IL-10M

 



SkyWolf__WM #13 Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 7478 battles
  • 4,425
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

For pure bang-for-the-buck the P.38

Wilk or whatever is way too much fun....:teethhappy:

 

 

Fun and CHEAP!


Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 01 August 2019 - 11:23 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


trikke #14 Posted 02 August 2019 - 12:27 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3319 battles
  • 3,237
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Wilk and FW-57, but we're supposed to be rating T3 MRs


Wrong thread
 


Edited by trikke, 02 August 2019 - 12:29 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Maqor #15 Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:06 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 815 battles
  • 24
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR
  • Member since:
    02-01-2019

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 August 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

If they are, tell them NOT to do that, because they will be frustrated.  It helps to learn at a tier where the pace is slower.  For string bombers, the He-111 or Ju-86 (for example)  For big-bomb bombers, the Blenheim or the Do-217, for example.  For heavy fighters, maybe the Bf-110C-6 or the SE-100.

 

As examples.  When you master the lower tier, then go big!

 

Yes, mid-tier experience will prepare you for high-tier play. If you're looking to buy a tier 8 premium, try to get to at least tier 6 or so in a tech tree line that has a similar playstyle. If you struggle to get wins and personal points in that tier 6, it will be much worse in a tier 8 plane. So try to experience and become competent in the playstyle before jumping into the high tier version of it.

 

For Seafang, get Tornado or F4U-1.

For P-80A, get P-51A or Bf109F.

For XP-58, get any tier 6 heavy.

For Do 335 A-1, get Mosquito.

For RB-17, get Pe-2 M-82 or Do 217M.

For NC 1070, get IL-2(t).

For Me 109 TL, get Fw 190 A-5.

For J 21RB, get Tornado or F4U-1 and get comfortable using rockets.

For IL-10M, get the tier 7 IL-10 first.

 

I wouldn't recommend getting the J8M as your first tier 8 premium.



crzyhawk #16 Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:41 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 2208 battles
  • 250
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

From what's in the shop the DB605 Spit is good, AR-67 is pretty good, I like the LaGG-3-4.  For newer folks, I think I'd probably recommend the LaGG to pick just one.  I enjoyed it in air-to-air, and it's got rockets for air-to-ground.  It's not great, but solid all the way around, and might be useful in farming a bit of cash too.  For newer folks, I'd not recommend anything higher than T5.

 

From the tech tree, the F11-C is a nifty little T2 Multi-role.  The P40M-105 isn't bad at T5 from the russians.  The A6M3 exp is derpy fun, but I dont think I'd recommend it for newer players.  The T5 Boomerang is also fairly solid; I dont see then played much but when I do, they can be quite dangerous.  The T3 Blenheim bomber is cool for bombers too.

 

There's missions this weekend to earn a free T3 fighter.  I have no idea if it's any good or not, but I'd definitely be looking at doing those missions.


Specialist A/C

USA: XP-31; F11C-2; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1 (XP-40); P-39N | UK: Goldfinch; Hurricane Mk I; Venom; Spitfire Mk I; Spitfire Mk Ia; Mustang Mk Ia |

Germany: FW-56; AR-67; BF-109B; BF-109E-3; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3 (4) | Japan: A6M2; A6M3 (exp) | China: Hawk II; Tomahawk IIb |

Europe: B-534; S-199


CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 02 August 2019 - 04:17 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3678 battles
  • 3,924
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMaqor, on 02 August 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

 

I wouldn't recommend getting the J8M as your first tier 8 premium.

LOL, yes, exactly.



Sink_Stuff #18 Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:16 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 342 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMaqor, on 02 August 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

 

Yes, mid-tier experience will prepare you for high-tier play. If you're looking to buy a tier 8 premium, try to get to at least tier 6 or so in a tech tree line that has a similar playstyle. If you struggle to get wins and personal points in that tier 6, it will be much worse in a tier 8 plane. So try to experience and become competent in the playstyle before jumping into the high tier version of it.

 

For Seafang, get Tornado or F4U-1.

For P-80A, get P-51A or Bf109F.

For XP-58, get any tier 6 heavy.

For Do 335 A-1, get Mosquito.

For RB-17, get Pe-2 M-82 or Do 217M.

For NC 1070, get IL-2(t).

For Me 109 TL, get Fw 190 A-5.

For J 21RB, get Tornado or F4U-1 and get comfortable using rockets.

For IL-10M, get the tier 7 IL-10 first.

 

I wouldn't recommend getting the J8M as your first tier 8 premium.

 

Thank you and everyone who has posted so far. I went and read the other recent posts about "Which plane do you like most at each tier" and other posts and I wrote down all the favorites and recommendations. But your post Maqor is really going to help us (me and my flight buddies from WOWS) to understand how these particular premium planes are designed to fly. I can't thank you enough for that. 

 

To you and the others yes, I hear you loud and clear on staying at the mid tiers until we "Get it". I am reading tons of forum posts and watching videos from "Shrike Gaming" and others on what to do, how to fly certain planes etc. It's a lot to take in and it's going to take weeks to practice all the info and advice that I have already been given by you folks and I thank you for that. We are staying at the mid tiers for a while. But we are all returning players and the grind is very easy now compared to the pre-2.0 that I played before. Most of us already are at tier 6 down multiple lines now. But I will keep at the mid tiers until I can get my win rate up and understand what i need to be doing, not just how to fly a particular plane. Thanks again to all of you and if anyone else wants to point out a particular premium plane please do.



Maqor #19 Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 815 battles
  • 24
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR
  • Member since:
    02-01-2019

View PostSink_Stuff, on 02 August 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Thank you and everyone who has posted so far.

 

View PostMaqor, on 02 August 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

For Seafang, get Tornado or F4U-1.

For P-80A, get P-51A or Bf109F.

For XP-58, get any tier 6 heavy.

For Do 335 A-1, get Mosquito.

For RB-17, get Pe-2 M-82 or Do 217M.

For NC 1070, get IL-2(t).

For Me 109 TL, get Fw 190 A-5.

For J 21RB, get Tornado or F4U-1 and get comfortable using rockets.

For IL-10M, get the tier 7 IL-10 first.

 

I wouldn't recommend getting the J8M as your first tier 8 premium.

 

I'd like to add more detail here. 

  • If you like the Tornado but would be willing to trade a few rockets for slightly better turning, get the Seafang. If you'd rather give up a little turn ability for even more rockets, get the J 21RB. With either one, you want to build it for turning so that you can kill all the bot multiroles and most of the fighters.
  • P-80A is like a Bf109F or P-51A but with even more speed relative to its tier. Not a pure turn and burn or pure boom and zoom, this energy fighter playstyle mixes elements of both. You manipulate your speed and altitude to aid your turning ability.
  • XP-58 is a monster but the guns are tough to aim. It deals massive damage if it can get close. Great tailgun makes it hard to kill. Try the Ki-45 and Ki-102 or the top gun on the P-38F to get more comfortable aiming derp guns.
  • Do335A-1 is like taking a Fw190A-5 and giving it better bombs and great altitude and climbing performance. I recommended trying the Mosquito even though they don't fly the same, because it relies very heavily on using it's bombs. If you get comfortable with a bomb-first playstyle in a heavy, then the Do335A-1 is your choice.
  • The IL-10M is a ground attacker that sacrifices survivability and a bit of bomb and rocket damage for vastly improved maneuverability. If you slow way down to near your stall speed, you can out turn most multiroles and jets. This GAA can fight back. The NC1070, on the other hand, is a more typical ground attacker.
  • The Me109TL is in between two playstyles. This makes it bad stock but it can be strong with the right equipment, crew skills, and consumables. Some build it like a heavy fighter with protection equipment to minimize bomber and GAA tailgun fire. I use a full turn build and consumables to make it a brawler. That way it out turns the multiroles but can still run away from fighters. You can also build it to be a speedy boom and zoomer, but the guns are very uncomfortable for this.

I recommend going up several different lines up to tier 5 to see what you like. Then get the tier 6 in the line you like best. If you can do well in it, consider getting the tier 8 that's most similar to it.

I'll warn you, the game is a lot harder at tier 8. Enemies capture bases much faster. Bots are way better. Even playing tier 7 isn't adequate preparation. On the bright side, playing tier 8 improved my play tremendously. I especially notice it when grinding my tier 5 and 6 planes.



trikke #20 Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:20 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3319 battles
  • 3,237
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMaqor, on 05 August 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

 

 

I'd like to add more detail here. 

  • If you like the Tornado but would be willing to trade a few rockets for slightly better turning, get the Seafang. If you'd rather give up a little turn ability for even more rockets, get the J 21RB. With either one, you want to build it for turning so that you can kill all the bot multiroles and most of the fighters.
  • P-80A is like a Bf109F or P-51A but with even more speed relative to its tier. Not a pure turn and burn or pure boom and zoom, this energy fighter playstyle mixes elements of both. You manipulate your speed and altitude to aid your turning ability.
  • XP-58 is a monster but the guns are tough to aim. It deals massive damage if it can get close. Great tailgun makes it hard to kill. Try the Ki-45 and Ki-102 or the top gun on the P-38F to get more comfortable aiming derp guns.
  • Do335A-1 is like taking a Fw190A-5 and giving it better bombs and great altitude and climbing performance. I recommended trying the Mosquito even though they don't fly the same, because it relies very heavily on using it's bombs. If you get comfortable with a bomb-first playstyle in a heavy, then the Do335A-1 is your choice.
  • The IL-10M is a ground attacker that sacrifices survivability and a bit of bomb and rocket damage for vastly improved maneuverability. If you slow way down to near your stall speed, you can out turn most multiroles and jets. This GAA can fight back. The NC1070, on the other hand, is a more typical ground attacker.
  • The Me109TL is in between two playstyles. This makes it bad stock but it can be strong with the right equipment, crew skills, and consumables. Some build it like a heavy fighter with protection equipment to minimize bomber and GAA tailgun fire. I use a full turn build and consumables to make it a brawler. That way it out turns the multiroles but can still run away from fighters. You can also build it to be a speedy boom and zoomer, but the guns are very uncomfortable for this.

I recommend going up several different lines up to tier 5 to see what you like. Then get the tier 6 in the line you like best. If you can do well in it, consider getting the tier 8 that's most similar to it.

I'll warn you, the game is a lot harder at tier 8. Enemies capture bases much faster. Bots are way better. Even playing tier 7 isn't adequate preparation. On the bright side, playing tier 8 improved my play tremendously. I especially notice it when grinding my tier 5 and 6 planes.

 

Great advice trying to prevent new folks from rushing up to high tier premiums


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users