Keep that Speed UP!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #1 Posted 31 July 2019 - 08:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1307 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Ok, as a Biplane girl, fast my biplanes are not so it can sometimes seem like they are crawling across the map when I really want them where I want them NOW!!

Now, to the experienced hands out there, this is going to be something you've figured out many many moons ago, but I've noticed that some players who fly the friendly skies in my tiers may not have figured this out so, I am now doing my public service for all of the other noobs here as to HOW TO KEEP YOUR BIPLANE FLYING FAST!!!!

First off, the go Go GO FASTER button is the W key which boosts your plane's speed.  The problem is that it eventually runs out and your plane then slows back to it's pitiful cruising speed while the engine cools down, but it doesn't have to be that way. 

Instead, boost for several seconds to gain the velocity you're looking for but not to the point where you're completely out of boost.  When you reach that point, just start slowly tapping the W key.  This will give your plane a lot of little micro boosts which will keep your speed up but will not further reduce your boost seconds remaining.  This allows you to essentially extend the effects of your boost indefinitely and you can get around the map considerably faster doing this. 

Downside is that you're not recovering any boost during this period so it can make you a bit vulnerable when you get into that furball with the red planes so I tend to stop tapping the W key before actually getting into combat so I can recover some of it before the shooting starts.  

So that ends Biplane Girl's tip for low tier players for the day!!

Good Luck and Good Hunting everyone.  :)

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 31 July 2019 - 08:24 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

qu33kKC #2 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7266 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

"feathering the boost key"  as another poster here is wont to say.

:great:

hoom #3 Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10208 battles

I'll add: A 5-10 degree dive will help sustain the speed longer in those transitions.

It costs altitude & biplanes don't have all that much to start with but it can mean you can give the boost a 2 or 3 second rebuild which then helps gain more speed than if you only let it rebuild to 1s at a time.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

RandomPauI #4 Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:11 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 4879 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
Adding to that, here's one trick you can use to try to shake a plane off your tail. Use the boost tip while looping backward, then holding down the "brakes" once you're at the top of the loop. The goal is to stall out so your plane will nose down abruptly. It won't work every time against every aircraft, but it can work in a pinch if the enemy is in a plane that's a bit faster or more maneuverable.

losttwo #5 Posted 01 August 2019 - 10:06 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

AKA..treat her like a woman. 

Never rush in full blast. 

Tap, tap, tap and ease it in.

No need to rush the furball

play around the outside for a bit. 

qu33kKC #6 Posted 01 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7266 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
l~lewd!

losttwo #7 Posted 01 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postqu33kKC, on 01 August 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

l~lewd!

You got a dirty mind. 

First one in always gets gang attacked by defenders.

Let the new player or bot go in first and clear their tail. 

Stay on the outside of the fur ball so you wont have multiple planes attacking you from all angles. 

You are less likely to get rammed or ram a friendly too. 

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• 24133 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postlosttwo, on 01 August 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

You got a dirty mind. 

First one in always gets gang attacked by defenders.

Let the new player or bot go in first and clear their tail. 

Stay on the outside of the fur ball so you wont have multiple planes attacking you from all angles. 

You are less likely to get rammed or ram a friendly too. 

:medal:

lol   well played!

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 01 August 2019 - 03:34 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users