respawn squall crash ditch exploit helpful tip

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

hoom #21 Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10213 battles

Bit-of-a-necro time.

I've been meaning to add a couple of variants of the 'Tactical delay of kill till Squall Line' thing:

Whats good at Squall Line is also applicable (but less permanent) for cap circles/Locked caps while you're still a decent time away from Squall Line.

If a cap just flipped to enemy try to cripple (knock them down to low double digit hitpoints, preferably with a crit or two as well) any players/bots in there but wait until the Lock countdown completes before you kill them. (bearing in mind the risk of them doing damage to your friendlies/you in the meantime)

Once the Lock ends you kill them off quickly before engaging the new full-health ADA -> contributing to a quick flip to blue.

Or if you're chasing an enemy towards a cap hold off on the kill until they enter -> you get cap points as well as for the kill.

If they're heading towards a friendly cap you can often just cripple bots (particularly GAs) you run into inbetween caps so that they're an easy kill for the ADA & then continue on your way to where you were going.

When they die to your ADA their cap points help top-up the blue status.

But also by making them continue on until they reach your cap before dying you can significantly delay the time before that bot respawns with full health.

Its not as much score for you just getting assists but it can significantly help the chances for your team to win.

Sometimes though that multi-critted, 10hp bot GA will still manage to stay alive and somehow singlehandedly flip that cap despite ADA & AA :facepalm:

I don't do this all the time & bloodlust often prevents me from pulling it off but its an important thing to keep in mind when the opportunity arises.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posthoom, on 12 September 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Sometimes though that multi-critted, 10hp bot GA will still manage to stay alive and somehow singlehandedly flip that cap despite ADA & AA :facepalm:

I don't do this all the time & bloodlust often prevents me from pulling it off but its an important thing to keep in mind when the opportunity arises.

Yes, it is infuriating that somehow when I enter a zone all by myself, the ADA are vicious aces with super-planes, but when the red team enters a captured zone, my ADA are clueless cap-flipping fodder in trainers.  "ADA, you had one job!"

So, +1 for the good advice - winning is not only about where, but when.  Not only where YOU need to be and when, but also the actions you take where and when.  Like when you're flying a bomber over a locked sector - drop your bombs a few seconds before the timer ends - depending on your altitude.  It can take as many as four seconds for your bombs to hit the ground.  Don't wait for the timer to end, the ADA to spawn, and more importantly, the AA guns.  Get your steel on target first, then GTFO.  Likewise, don't kill those red planes while the sector is locked, but take them down to 10HP, like you said.  But, like you, I sometimes have trouble laying off the fire button.  I have to admit, one of my favorite tactics is finding a human near the squall line, knocking him down to low HP, then sealing the deal after squall hits.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 12 September 2019 - 02:47 PM.

NovaTempest #23 Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6415 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 31 July 2019 - 04:53 AM, said:

Aren't you the guy who convinced me that if I dove straight down into the repair building I would gain infinite health?  It doesn't work no matter how fast I dive.  :P

Anyway I don't consider these things to be cheating.  They are part of the game and tactics.  I wish I had a nickel for every time a bot takes me out in the exact split second that the announcer tells us, ;You're on your................KaBoom!

Im sorry Underpants but this made me think of the following and I had to share it:

"There is no immortality in becoming one with the repair station." - Said no one out of necessity.

you gave me a chuckle: Have a +1.

Edited by NovaTempest, 13 September 2019 - 04:10 PM.

Also tagged with respawn, squall, crash, ditch, exploit, helpful, tip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users