24 replies to this topic

Mercsn #21 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:24 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2599 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

http://forum.worldof...881#entry704881

from a similar thread when 2.0 came out

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

GonerNL #22 Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 995 battles

View Posthoom, on 01 August 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

The loss of situational awareness is huge, feels really weird having camera stuck to bore-sight, getting even vaguely on target is real hard.

Yep. I hope someday WG will fix this ... 

Even using the hat-switch or snap-to camera views we just do not get the same view as mouse/kb pilots.

Flying on NA and EU servers

trikke #23 Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Captain

• 3294 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

first advice that I was given in the very early days of this game was 'align your wings to your target's wings' because wing guns seemed to do more damage that way

really, I have no idea if that's true or not, but my A and D fingertips still believe it, and a keyboard makes that easier

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Jenko1957 #24 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6572 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Sidewinder 3D Pro. Hat for looking around, button 2 (along side my thumb) for sniper mode. Buttons 3 & 4 for bombs and rockets respectively. Throttle and boost on the slider. Button 6 for nearest enemy. Buttons 3, 4, 5 & 6 are around the hat so I can look around, target nearest enemy and fire rockets with minimal thumb movement very quickly. Rudder control is achieved by twisting the stick, other stick movements are very natural and realistic which you'll never get from a mouse/keyboard. Flaps and air brake are on buttons 11 & 12 close to the slider, my left hand close to those while the right hand operates the stick. With a steady hand on the stick I have little problem hitting targets at extreme range.

Sink_Stuff #25 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 342 battles

View PostJenko1957, on 08 August 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

Sidewinder 3D Pro. Hat for looking around, button 2 (along side my thumb) for sniper mode. Buttons 3 & 4 for bombs and rockets respectively. Throttle and boost on the slider. Button 6 for nearest enemy. Buttons 3, 4, 5 & 6 are around the hat so I can look around, target nearest enemy and fire rockets with minimal thumb movement very quickly. Rudder control is achieved by twisting the stick, other stick movements are very natural and realistic which you'll never get from a mouse/keyboard. Flaps and air brake are on buttons 11 & 12 close to the slider, my left hand close to those while the right hand operates the stick. With a steady hand on the stick I have little problem hitting targets at extreme range.

Thats almost exactly the same setup that I have been using with my sidewinder pro. Situational awareness is still a problem sometimes. I don't like the hat views they never show me what the enemy is doing. But quickly going to the mouse to right click and look around helps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users