July Sales Are Almost Over - What Planes in The Store Are Worth Getting?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Mercsn #21 Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSink_Stuff, on 30 July 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

Thank you for the advice. I have a questions please.

You mention the tier 5 Lagg 3-4. I have the tier 4 Lagg 3-4. Were you referring instead to the tier 5 Lagg 3-34? 

Other than that, I have all the planes that you mention except the Yak 3-rd. Considering it is a tier 7 plane and not a tier 8 one I was thinking of not getting it since I already have the tier 5 Lagg 3-4 that counts for missions in the tier 5-7 bracket. I was just going to use the I-220 at tier 7 once I unlock that plane. 

The Yak-3rd, imo, flies and operates like no other plane in the game.  It has a higher altitude than most russians, amazing acceleration and, even with a speed build, will out turn everything except a Reppu (which you never, ever, ever see, except that oooone time) or Yak-3 (which you see only slightly more often than a Reppu).   The gun is neat.  It's not great on sheer firepower and it requires a lot of trigger control in bursts when you have a positive shot, but it's great at breaking stuff and has a long range.  The gun is finicky to manage overheat and keep the damage on, though, so if you prefer to stand on the trigger, this won't be a fun plane.

I love flying it.  Sadly, I seem to get REALLY crappy teams when I play it.  So, I'm not sure if it has some crap match-making or if the times I've decided to take it out was just "my turn" to get the crappy bots and human in a p-51 strafing the plant. 

Regarding the LaGG, I appologize for confusion.  I meant the tier 4 LaGG 3-4.  I can't snipe and the tier 5 LaGG 3-34 doesn't have enough in its bag, besides the nose gun, to make me look twice at it.  I actually used the tech tree LaGG 3 with that nose gun, back when it had access to it (and rockets), for ground attack because the LaGG-3 was kinda complete garbage and not at all in line with the rest of the Lavochkin line (which is historically accurate). 

It was probably the tech tree planes that I had on the brain when I mentioned the wrong tier, since the tech tree LaGG 3 comes in at tier 5.  When I think of that tier 4 premium, I think of a tier 4 P-51a instead of the rest of the Lavochkin line, since that's how it feels ingame.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users