Update 2.1

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

hoom #41 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10193 battles

View PostCardinal604, on 11 July 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

2. Since when is Israel part of Europe ? Man I must have flunked Geography hard in school lol....

Was my thought also, I guess the excuse is that early Israel used a bunch of European WWII/post-war planes.

What I find very surprising is this

Block Quote

Switching Aircraft Nation

You can now switch the nation of any European aircraft (including French machines that were available before) to any of the main nations (Germany, U.S.S.R., U.S.A., U.K., or Japan) and back.

With this option, you can use these aircraft to train other nations' Crews or assign already trained Crews to them.

That seems kinda crazy to me.

Very handy for training up pilots on nations you don't have Premiums for.

Is it a one-time thing or you can switch at will?

Is there a cost?

Proper dynamic stats is exciting :)

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GeorgePatton #42 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:05 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 10 July 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

You'd think, I'm just wondering. It'll be nice to free my french planes from their purgatory even if I can't take the crews with me. Mostly use 'em for "daily missions", but it'd be nice to use them to XP grind crews using their daily multipliers.

So re-reading the patch notes, it says you can put the planes back to their original nation, so I don’t believe the crew will change nations with the aircraft.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

StoptheViolins #43 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2181 battles
We can drop France behind the Iron Curtain..

Most of the premium planes new to this patch are doo doo. Except the Swede. The special rewards planes should be interesting.

Also no mention of balance adjustments.  Long live the heavy killing Horton.

arrrgh #44 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2957 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 10 July 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

It says that you can use that aircraft for training purposes - if I had to venture a guess I would say your crew will remain the same as the aircraft's original nation. This is obviously not an official answer, but I think changing the crew nation would be a really complicated thing on top of changing the aircraft nation and they probably would have mentioned that?

Cheers!
Glenn

Seems likely.  If you remember premium planes used to be class specific for pilots.  Then when they changed the plane types (eg multiroles), they removed the category limit from premiums, so a premium could train any type of pilot.  eg prem GA and a heavy pilot.

Seems likely they did the same in this case, but removed the 'nation' flag from these planes.

Reitousair #45 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10953 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Hmm, I think this is one of the more exciting patch note releases, I honestly might buy the J21RB and the G-suit looks interesting for aircraft that have low max optimal speeds, unfortunate it's still probably going to go nigh unused just due to how great a gunsight is. Also good to see the P-82B will be available to us soon, though I don't have any friends who'd want to play WoWp unfortunately.

Still, only surpassed by the releasing of the Pan-Euro tree (obligatory Italian planes when?,) is the addition of all gamemodes to the training room. This is an addition that has been asked for on/off for quite a while now and I'm glad to see they finally added it though I thought this was either impossible or wasn't being worked on at all? I'm hesitant to say having all these gamemodes in regular rotation (which I know for sure has been stated on multiple occasions to be impossible) is a good idea, but having all these gamemodes in the training room to test, practice on, and enjoy is a great addition.

I'm still a bit scared about what's going to break, though.

Edited by Reitousair, 11 July 2019 - 05:03 AM.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

CorvusCorvax #46 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:16 AM

Captain

• 4276 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 July 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

I was asking about the suit for me

you gotta problem w/ that?

what'ta ya think I'm wearing right now?

:coin:

A short black number with pearls, just like last Wednesday night.

sandtiger #47 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20836 battles

View Postdesert786, on 10 July 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

11 point crew in se 100..............................................disgusting seal clubber.

oh and nice avatar, suits your style of gameplay well..... Toxic

:coin:penny for you thoughts  we know what you have done to others

and issue you have made for them .. i think you are not the one to call anyone in this hole game toxic

before you do that take look at your self first

Edited by sandtiger, 11 July 2019 - 06:28 AM.

Bobby_Tables #48 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8134 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 10 July 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

you and Percy are RL in the movie "Trading Places"

OMG not at all. 

Just the other day, he walked by a family of ducks taking refuge in a neighbor's front yard.  Roughly 10 feet away and he did not see them at all as he was nose-down sniffing other dog scents.  They were quacking and everything and he was totally oblivious.  

Have seen squirrels and chipmunks scramble away from him and he does not even give a flying frick.  All he wants to do is find something smelly to roll in.  He's like an Old Spice ninja warrior without any skills.  Great at hiding his scent, but when it comes to tracking prey, lacking in ability.     

Pretty much sums up my battle skills.  Wait, we are alike.  Good point, Ace.  

sandtiger #49 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20836 battles

the g suit seem like it well make planes that already turn way better then they did in real life  turn even faster which  will make the already over power turn rate of the spit even more deadly..  i really like it when the game only had a few parts you could add to the plane it seem more balanced then and it seem that the game had a better time setting up match... 

but i well wait an see what it dose

Edited by sandtiger, 11 July 2019 - 06:18 AM.

iuserockets #50 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:16 AM

Airman Basic

• 2483 battles
after this new upgrade will i have the honor of having to upgrade all my planes again?,,,,im not even close to getting any of my planes fully upgraded after this last upgrade....kind of a pain when i have 33 planes in my hanger.......

sandtiger #51 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20836 battles
ooo and look like my days of have fun with out ranking every week is over i was really enjoying just playing

Edited by sandtiger, 11 July 2019 - 06:27 AM.

sandtiger #52 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20836 battles

View Postiuserockets, on 10 July 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

after this new upgrade will i have the honor of having to upgrade all my planes again?,,,,im not even close to getting any of my planes fully upgraded after this last upgrade....kind of a pain when i have 33 planes in my hanger.......

i hear you there i have over  100 in my hangers ..what i try to do is play them all till i get close to finishing one. then  i stay with that plane till it is finished.

the bombers seem to take longer some times because you need tail gun kills and with all the new heavy s can be a little frustrating after the tail gun Balancing ....

but i have finished  a lot of the 100 just by doing this still have many more to go

Edited by sandtiger, 11 July 2019 - 06:26 AM.

iuserockets #53 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:26 AM

Airman Basic

• 2483 battles
they kinda stingy with the flight instruments and heat resistant parts for upgrading also.....

SpiritFoxMY #54 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postsandtiger, on 11 July 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

the g suit seem like it well make planes that already turn way better then they did in real life  turn even faster which  will make the already over power turn rate of the spit even more deadly..  i really like it when the game only had a few parts you could add to the plane it seem more balanced then and it seem that the game had a better time setting up match... 

but i well wait an see what it dose

Only period III planes so only the Spit XIV which isn't the most threatening thing at tier 8 tbh

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

iuserockets #55 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:17 AM

Airman Basic

• 2483 battles
also i miss the national parks map....in my level 3 zero with incendiary ammo once the fight went down into the valleys (no more free incendiary ammo after i made the mistake of getting a premium ticket....after that all the cheats were for sale)

GonerNL #56 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1111 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 10 July 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Special Aircraft appear as a part of special offers or in-game events. Personal Ratings never had an aircraft as a reward :)

So the rewards are the 2 unique equipment projects ; Japan lightweight power unit and US reinforced bolt carriers, like in previous Personal Ratings ?

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

hoom #57 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10193 battles

Block Quote

Only period III planes so only the Spit XIV which isn't the most threatening thing at tier 8 tbh

Spit XIV doesn't need it.

Its a plane that doesn't have a big agility hit from high speed, you pull into a turn at ~800km/h boosted dive and it just turns.

La-9 however (for example) you really feel the reduced agility at those top speeds, gotta bleed off a chunk of pace before it actually turns right.

I think this equipment is much too niche to be very useful, maybe on the faster Heavies?

blindfoId #58 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 10 July 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Another question to blindfold :

The new G-Suit equipment description says "maneuverability at high speeds". What does it mean by that? What defines high speed? What difference is it from other maneuverability mods such as LWF and LPU which have smaller maneuverability bonuses? 

High speed here means yellow/red speed. The difference is that this bonus works specifically at high speed. 

View PostGreatBallsO_Fire_Jr, on 10 July 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Question: The G-Suit's bonus characteristics say that you have the option to get +4 and +6 percent maximum altitude. Does this also increase high altitude performance as in speed and maneuverability? Does it increase optimum altitude?

It means that you can get higher (6% higher) without stalling. It doesn't affect optimum altitude.

View Postdesert786, on 10 July 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

What about the Chinese branch?

Chinese branch stays as it is for now.

View PostCardinal604, on 10 July 2019 - 11:36 PM, said:

Looking forward to the new possible planes on this European Tree... I have 2 questions though...

1. Is the in game voice chat gonna finally be fixed with this patch ?

2. Since when is Israel part of Europe ? Man I must have flunked Geography hard in school lol....

1. Voice chat is not entirely fixed atm but you can try a workaround as I am aware of: when you join a flight, the one who created it should use voice chat first (if the one who joined the flight starts conversation it'll bug), probably it can work for you. Plus you always can join our Discord channel and use its voice channel with your flightmade. :)

2. We are not saying it's a part of Europe, it's just kind of a generic notion in the tech tree in-game. Israel takes part in UEFA, for example. It just would be strange if  we call it "Europe and Israel". :) 

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 11 July 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Clarification request.. if.. say.. I take my SE100 and its 11 point crew and make it american... will that 11 point crew -also- be american?

Not really. You can change the nation of your plane not a pilot. Your SE 100 will be able to train American pilots but your original SE 100 crew will go to the Barracks waiting for you to switch the nation again or be used on any other aircraft belonging to "Europe".

View Posthoom, on 11 July 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

Is it a one-time thing or you can switch at will?

Is there a cost?

Proper dynamic stats is exciting :)

You can switch it to any other nation then switch it back and again and again. Switching to another nation costs your some credits, switching back to Euro nation is free.

blindfoId #59 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postiuserockets, on 11 July 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

If I understand your question correctly, update does not reset any of your progress made towards research or upgrades.

hoom #60 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10193 battles
@blindfold will the EU tree also get regular lines or will it stay Premium only?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users