Update 2.1

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #101 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostblindfoId, on 11 July 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

Researchable aircraft of Euro nation is not in the nearest plans, that is for sure. 

That is very sad to hear and truly diminishes the game and it's future for quite some time. 

I also have to admit that, for the most part, you'd have been hard pressed to select less consequential aircraft if you'd tried.  A couple have some degree of significance but most ... blah blah blah blah eckkk. If WG is trying to get me to open my bank account for these never were's and also rans, then they have failed.  Try picking aircraft that actually mattered next time around. 

Just very saddened by this comment and feeling like I may be wasting my time here with a game system which doesn't really have a long term future. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 15 July 2019 - 11:15 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Booze_Morgan #102 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:12 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 715 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 15 July 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

That is very sad to hear and truly diminishes the game and it's future for quite some time. 

I also have to admit that, for the most part, you'd have been hard pressed to select less consequential aircraft if you'd tried.  A couple have some degree of significance but most ... blah blah blah blah eckkk. If WG is trying to get me to open my bank account for these never were's and also rans, then they have failed.  Try picking aircraft that actually mattered next time around. 

Yes Miss, we all agree on that, and have said much the same since the beginning of WoWP time, I assure you.  Someone somewhere said it may have to do with copyrights on certain planes, or patents, or something.  It may not be possible to have the planes we want for that reason. Dunno.

Booze

Spoiler

Booze_Morgan #103 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:39 PM

• 715 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 15 July 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Listen guys and girls, the game is FUN and improvements into its stability and it's appeal have made it more fun but at a certain point, you have to take a step out of the wading pool and get over into the big pool with all the other kids.  This game can stand up to the competition if it takes the steps to do so so get off your collective posteriors and do it already.    

AMEN! Miss Steel for Prez!

Booze

Spoiler

trikke #104 Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:23 AM

Captain

• 3620 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 12 July 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

I did, actually.

Literally asked for it in several posts. (No aggro or sarcasm in tone there; just surprise)

none taken!       

it just would never have occurred to me to ask for that, but orphan nations with extremely limited lines seemed 'off' to me in the first place

Poles did very well flying Hurricanes in the Battle of Britain, so there's some RL precedent for that

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

jack_wdw #105 Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:40 AM

• 2192 battles
I've flown yesterday for the first time in 3 months.
Fixed gamepad control back in the state like it was back in march, still no fix on the viewing stick, but i can live with that.

Noticed quite some bugs in comparison to the state of the game in march.

- Black screen in between pressing battle and team line-ups (this happened to me before, so not a new bug)

- First battle when i've respawned, i was suddenly flying a FW-190(TierV) while i've started the battle in a tier iv hurricane.
Next thing i know, i was flying under the terrain.
Only thing i could do was leave for hangar or point nose down and crash.

-The sound (overall) quality is really distorted (lots of cracking, voice at beginning sounds really distorted)

-The capping mechanism seems to be flawed. i've witnessed losing a cap to a single plane. I really can't imagine how this happened. There was only one ennemy plane and some ada's  in that nearby sector, i headed over there (sector was still 4/5 in our position and all ada's were still alive) and suddenly for no particular reason this entire cap turned in favor of the ennemy.

CorvusCorvax #106 Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:01 PM

Captain

• 4265 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 15 July 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

It's a compensation for the particular issue which caused XP and/or credits not being added after battle. For any other issues please contact the Customer Support. 

As I explained elsewhere, no, it is NOT compensation.  It's an insult.  It would have been better if you just issued an apology on the part of WG, and be done with it.  The one day of Premium is an insult.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #107 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 16 July 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

As I explained elsewhere, no, it is NOT compensation.  It's an insult.  It would have been better if you just issued an apology on the part of WG, and be done with it.  The one day of Premium is an insult.

"Waves Hands Excitedly*

Me Me ... I'll take it!!!  :great:  WG can give me insults like that all of the time!!  I won't complain, honest I won't. :)

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 16 July 2019 - 10:01 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

BB3_Oregon_Steel #108 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 15 July 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

Yes Miss, we all agree on that, and have said much the same since the beginning of WoWP time, I assure you.  Someone somewhere said it may have to do with copyrights on certain planes, or patents, or something.  It may not be possible to have the planes we want for that reason. Dunno.

Booze

Ok, my reply to this was apparently removed so I'm going to try to rephrase my response. 

If  you spend any time casually looking around the internet to see what other offerings are out there, it quickly becomes clear how @#%%@ the above WG argument is.  With just a little effort, you can find practically every aircraft that ever flew ... or didn't, or that someone sketched on a paper napkin out there on one platform or another. 

The point here is that if they did it, there really should be nothing stopping WG from doing the same provided they really wanted to, which, if this comment actually depicts the stance of WG on this issue, indicates that they don't.  A lack of desire or and/or a lack of willingness to act is not a reason why something can't be done, it merely describes why you don't care enough to get up off your posterior and actually do it. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 16 July 2019 - 06:33 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #109 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:43 PM

Captain

• 23980 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I just got back the answer to my ticket about crew skills not always updating.  Since they couldn't refute the screenshot evidence, they gave me a free day of Premium Time and closed the ticket.  I would MUCH rather they fix the problem and don't give me nuthin'.  Which, when I think about it, is what they gave me.  I already have over 600 days of Premium Time.

:facepalm:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #110 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 11327 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 15 July 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just very saddened by this comment and feeling like I may be wasting my time here with a game system which doesn't really have a long term future. 

Note that blindfold said in the "nearest of plans". That would indicate to me that it is something they are kicking around and looking at implementing but haven't the time or resources before they do other things on the development schedule

Booze_Morgan #111 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

• 715 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 16 July 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Ok, my reply to this was apparently removed so I'm going to try to rephrase my response. 

If  you spend any time casually looking around the internet to see what other offerings are out there, it quickly becomes clear how @#%%@ the above WG argument is.  With just a little effort, you can find practically every aircraft that ever flew ... or didn't, or that someone sketched on a paper napkin out there on one platform or another. 

The point here is that if they did it, there really should be nothing stopping WG from doing the same provided they really wanted to, which, if this comment actually depicts the stance of WG on this issue, indicates that they don't.  A lack of desire or and/or a lack of willingness to act is not a reason why something can't be done, it merely describes why you don't care enough to get up off your posterior and actually do it. 

All you say is very possible, agreed.  I have nothing with which to disagree, so I agree.  It is absolutely unfathomable why the most iconic planes we all want to fly are not available.  I hope someone with more info than you and I have access to can answer this question for us.

Booze

Spoiler

Booze_Morgan #112 Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

• 715 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 16 July 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Note that blindfold said in the "nearest of plans". That would indicate to me that it is something they are kicking around and looking at implementing but haven't the time or resources before they do other things on the development schedule

Alchie, "nearest of plans" and "soon™" sound awful close to each other.

Booze™

Spoiler

BB3_Oregon_Steel #113 Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 16 July 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

I'd like it to mean that and if blindfold or someone else at WG cares to provide more detail on this subject it would be more than welcome. 

That being said, part of my job is translating what salespeople and official business representatives are saying, and what they aren't.  Most people, if there were a tech tree in development but it was a ways from being released are going to hit you with the "we're working on developing more researchable tech lines but we're a ways off from actually implementing one" or a variation thereof.  This means some level of effort is being put into the project but it's not a high priority at the moment.  Fair enough. 

"Researchable aircraft of Euro nation is not in the nearest plans, that is for sure" has connotations to it that signal that not only is it not being worked on, it's probably not even on anyone's radar.  The "that's for sure" statement tends to punctuate this statement giving it an additional negative connotation it might not otherwise have. 

I could be completely wrong of course and I'd be very happy in WG were to correct me and tell me that they are indeed working on new tech lines with the intention of someday implementing one or more.  That would make me a happy noob girl instead of a very unhappy one.  But absent that, I believe my interpretation of what is being said here is reasonable. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 16 July 2019 - 09:59 PM.

Stygian_Alchemist #114 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11327 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Fair enough.. but I didn't think they'd allow me to move my french planes around either. Was told that was "not in -any- plans or even under discussion" or something to that effect.. and now, here it is. So I've ceased discounting it if you do a lot of the work yourself in terms of lobbying and giving proper proposals and demonstrating how to implement it. You're doing that, if you could find someone who spoke russian and get it put on the .RU forums as well it would help much. 

Neblin #115 Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3322 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Yes... the "European" tree. A.K.A we can't be bothered with making any other nations tech trees, but we need a dumping ground for any upcoming premium planes  we need to flog to our  suckers loyal player base.
I was really looking forward to French and Italian tech trees, as both both the British and Japanese trees are both pretty sparse, and the French and Italian trees have a LOT of options.

I mistakenly assumed that Wargaming would actually put in some effort to make them, rather than  just make a "money" tree! :sceptic:

blindfoId #116 Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

Today was released a small hot-fix:

• Fixed an issue with several aircraft having their names spelled incorrectly in the Japanese version of the game client.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users