Robbery

victory stolen switching planes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BuffaloTime #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10773 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I started the match in the B-110B. Tried to go high to low but needed to take out planes. Getting owned by Lipstick Torpedo in the Yak. As soon as we captured the Airbase I switched to the I-17. Still tier down but at least I can turnfight. Read the captions during the video. WG gave me the game. Too long a video, and I cut a lot out. Match lasted a lot longer.

Edited by BuffaloTime, 08 July 2019 - 01:44 AM.

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Damon Runyon

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

Booze_Morgan #2 Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 519 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Remind me. How does one change planes? Apparently, I am a little dull after a few.

Booze

Spoiler

WhiskeyInYourWater #3 Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 880 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Mr Buffaloooooooo!!! HIYAAA!!!

I suggest you find Vixen and relearn how to fly a 110 B. 

MISS YOOOOU!

Gonna fly now.

Whiskey

Zigfreid #4 Posted 08 July 2019 - 05:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 14422 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
lol robbery :playing: great flying guys.

losttwo #5 Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:59 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3175 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

See comment posted on other site...lol

Love stealing wins

BuffaloTime #6 Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:03 AM

• 10773 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 08 July 2019 - 03:59 AM, said:

See comment posted on other site...lol

Love stealing wins

Saw it. It is what it is. Adapt,  survive,  overcome. 

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Damon Runyon

blindfoId #7 Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 08 July 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Remind me. How does one change planes? Apparently, I am a little dull after a few.

Booze

You need to capture an Airbase. While it belongs to your team you can choose another aircraft of the same tier. 

Mercsn #8 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2448 battles

I didn't watch the vid, but if you were in an HF, why didn't you just kill the ada to capture sectors, then kill the bombers (player, player-bot, or bomber flight) and the ground attackers to prevent them from being re-captured?  That's probably the one class that WG actually got the chevron score basis correct for (well, that and the bombers -even GA are wrong since there's no chevron reward for shooting down enemy GA).

If you were worried about a yak, why not just use BnZ or altitude and speed to your advantage?  Even a tier down, if you don't turn fight with him, the Yak can't keep up or chase you into the vertical altitude limit that you can reach. And, even if he did get on your tail for a bit, if you fly out of the sector you're not giving him any points if he or another bot does shoot you down. 

I mean, gj if you had fun turn fighting.  But...then why not just queue up a turn fighter?  Protip:  don't try to bomb stuff if there are air targets available.  Protip 2:  attack enemy aircraft from highest to lowest altitude.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6279 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostMercsn, on 09 July 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

I didn't watch the vid...

But I have an opinion on the vid...

Jeepers Mercsn, I bet you didn't read the Mueller report either.  

[Edit] Where is that lime-green hideous font color that CaptCupCakes utilizes?  It would have come in handy here.

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 10 July 2019 - 12:03 AM.

Stygian_Alchemist #10 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8377 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 July 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

[Edit] Where is that lime-green hideous font color that CaptCupCakes utilizes?  It would have come in handy here.

"Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

It doesn't have to be horrible to read though. You just change the background to black and voila. Like an old monochrome CRT terminal.

and it can always be worse

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19643 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
That's purty.     :B
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mercsn #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2448 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 09 July 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Jeepers Mercsn, I bet you didn't read the Mueller report either.  

In response to your edit that "I have an opinion on the vid..."  I never said I had an opinion on the vid.  I asked questions about what the OP may have been doing (wrong) and why he was doing it that way (in case he had some super secret info on how to be right...while doing things wrong).  I also put that reply there so that anyone who DOESN'T know right from wrong use of an aircraft type might start evaluating for themselves what to do (or not do) with a given aircraft (dump altitude to bomb things in an HF when there are air targets available).

I still haven't watched the video and I'm still sure the OP was using that HF wrong, just like 90% of players and 100% of bots.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

BuffaloTime #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

• 10773 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMercsn, on 11 July 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

In response to your edit that "I have an opinion on the vid..."  I never said I had an opinion on the vid.  I asked questions about what the OP may have been doing (wrong) and why he was doing it that way (in case he had some super secret info on how to be right...while doing things wrong).  I also put that reply there so that anyone who DOESN'T know right from wrong use of an aircraft type might start evaluating for themselves what to do (or not do) with a given aircraft (dump altitude to bomb things in an HF when there are air targets available).

I still haven't watched the video and I'm still sure the OP was using that HF wrong, just like 90% of players and 100% of bots.

I appreciate the advice but pro-tips are wasted on me. I know how to fly a heavy, I'm just not good at it. Been playing a long time, I am just an average player and I play for fun. I will never be an uber pilot. In the current mode, when two of three sectors are lost and the red team is eating up everything flying low you have to kill planes. Boom and zoom is slow and with a time constraint it is better to be able to kill planes faster. Anyway, the Point of the video is not to show how good I am at turnfighting or how bad I am in a heavy, the point is how the game awards victory. Watch the last 30 seconds of the video. You will see why it is called "Robbery"

Damon Runyon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users