Jump to content


Who have you seen in game?


  • Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

WhoaBlackBetty #181 Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 261 battles
  • 128
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

Saw OffMySix in a battle.

 

WBB



CorvusCorvax #182 Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Saw _Panzerkunst_ flying a Di-6, and felt the need to shoot him down.  (Sorry, bro - it's a compulsion).  BTW, it wasn't a fair fight.  (Sorry again.)

 

But to make it fair, he shot me down, so there.



WhoaBlackBetty #183 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 261 battles
  • 128
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

Saw FreeFOXMIKE on the other side.  We won, but one of ours got 10 kills, atmn I think it was, so he was the hero. I just got 5, one of them FFM in my brand new tricked out 209A. Those 37MM HIT when they hit.

 

WBB



Moonrider #184 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Alpha tester
  • 2477 battles
  • 297
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Saw hamhockjones after a long string of horrid battles that had me almost convinced he might have been on to something with his rant about the bots and fixed games. But he was on my side and we won, so I just chalked that long string up to the  "Bad troika." Bad play on my  part, bad teammates, and bad luck.

Slap a mask on a drunk and you're going to have trouble. It's like having a live reenactment of anonymous forum comments.


crzyhawk #185 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:10 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3606 battles
  • 584
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostMoonrider, on 08 August 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

Ran into SoldierKenJr. while taking my Me 209 v 4 out for a spin
He teamkilled. I reported it, both in-game and with a support ticket with a replay.
Support gave me the automated reply about automated system that does nothing. 

Next time I won't bother wasting time on reports.
Vigilante justice is the light and the way.


If they aren't doing anything to him, they aren't going to do anything to you.


Specialist A/C

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81-A1; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; P-47B; F4U-1,-4ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K |

UK: Goldfinch; Type 224; Wirraway; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spitfire I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang Ia; Japan: A6M2; A6M3 (exp); Ki61 |

Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E-3, G; Spitfire V DB605 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40 M-105 |  EU: B534; S199


GrumpyReign #186 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:41 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3490 battles
  • 168
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
just ran into hoom, but i was in an IL-10.. *not* my forte, got curb-stomped.. but it's still fun to run into people :D

Yes, I am an A-S-S.

 

I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.


hoom #187 Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:51 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10208 battles
  • 2,013
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well we didn't exactly have much contact & not a very impressive battle for me.

I did pull some pretty impressive speed for P-47N power-diving trying to save our Plant from you near the end though.

 

 

 


Edited by hoom, 18 August 2019 - 03:08 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

WhoaBlackBetty #188 Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 261 battles
  • 128
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

In the last 5 battles, I have not seen a single human on my team that could carry his weight.

 

WBB



CorvusCorvax #189 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:35 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 18 August 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

In the last 5 battles, I have not seen a single human on my team that could carry his weight.

 

WBB


I had a few of those yesterday.  Tried to support a human bomber, but my T8 plane was not meant to keep up with a T9 bomber. Can't help if I am two kilometers out when a heavy attacks the bomber, right? 

 

Anyway, most of the rest of the evening it was potatoes in the 2-3k PP range and me eating double and triple teams from players who could actually fly.  I'll be glad when the Ta-183 grind is done.



WhoaBlackBetty #190 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:38 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 261 battles
  • 128
  • [X3M] X3M
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 18 August 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:


I had a few of those yesterday.  Tried to support a human bomber, but my T8 plane was not meant to keep up with a T9 bomber. Can't help if I am two kilometers out when a heavy attacks the bomber, right? 

 

Anyway, most of the rest of the evening it was potatoes in the 2-3k PP range and me eating double and triple teams from players who could actually fly.  I'll be glad when the Ta-183 grind is done.

 

I heard just yesterday good things about the 183.  After I get done with the 109 line, may take a look at that one.

 

WBB



GrumpyReign #191 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3490 battles
  • 168
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013
had kind of a crappy match a little bit ago, styg and i just couldn't get a good foothold.. so in the third act when we're running out of options i end up with no less than Corvus in an HG3 slowly crawling up my [edited]in my Cutlass.. sadly, on the RTR map, my E&E tactics don't work very well, so it did not go my way.. but i like to think i gave him a merry chase :P

Yes, I am an A-S-S.

 

I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.


ClosedCoffin #192 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8637 battles
  • 348
  • [MRCS] MRCS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

Lined up against Corvus in his Su-10 tonight with 3 vs 3 humans and he carried them to a win.

I think he's only had a handful of games in it but he played like a pro and capped when he needed to.

GG Corvus.

 



CorvusCorvax #193 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostClosedCoffin, on 24 August 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

Lined up against Corvus in his Su-10 tonight with 3 vs 3 humans and he carried them to a win.

I think he's only had a handful of games in it but he played like a pro and capped when he needed to.

GG Corvus.

 


OMG, brother, you had nearly 20k PP in your bomber.  You could not have carried your team any harder.  If I ever figure this bomber thing out, I hope I can fly as well as you did yesterday - you just had bad luck, is all.

 

<o



CorvusCorvax #194 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGrumpyReign, on 24 August 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

 i end up with no less than Corvus in an HG3 slowly crawling up my [edited]in my Cutlass.. sadly, on the RTR map, my E&E tactics don't work very well, so it did not go my way.. but i like to think i gave him a merry chase :P

 

It was amusing.  My clanmate yelling at me over Teamspeak - "Where the heck are you?!"  Normally, I try and stick with my guy, but I had a trikke moment, and saw a bright, shiny object.  ;)  My HGII has more boost than your F7U.  And you had nowhere to go in the vertical.  You were dead meat once we got down on the deck.  But you ran pretty well for that 30 seconds!

 

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 18 August 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

I heard just yesterday good things about the 183.  After I get done with the 109 line, may take a look at that one.

 

 

 

It takes some getting used to.  It is FAST, has good altitude, and it hits super-hard.  It's like a little HF @T9 - mostly because it can't turn at all.  :)   If you can play HF well, the Ta-183 is a great plane.  If you are more a Yak or Ki fan, this plane will make you really mad.  At T9, the Attacker and the Yak-19 and the Ki-162 are all pretty turny.  The Me P.1092 and FJ-1 a little less so.  The Ta-183 is the least turny of the group.  But those 4x30mm guns are HF-worthy.  It will knock down a bomber or a GAA without breaking a sweat.  It will also swat all HFs and most MRFs right out of the sky.  (Watch out for the Japanese MRFs.  They can TURN, and have big guns.)



Stygian_Alchemist #195 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11416 battles
  • 2,250
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018

View PostGrumpyReign, on 23 August 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

had kind of a crappy match a little bit ago, styg and i just couldn't get a good foothold.. so in the third act when we're running out of options i end up with no less than Corvus in an HG3 slowly crawling up my [edited]in my Cutlass.. sadly, on the RTR map, my E&E tactics don't work very well, so it did not go my way.. but i like to think i gave him a merry chase :P

I didn't connect til the last 30-60 seconds. EQOD and then the game kept saying it was already open and wouldn't relaunch when I closed it. 

Had that happen a bunch yesterday. Hoping today has a more stable connection..



trikke #196 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 3626 battles
  • 3,489
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 August 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

 Normally, I try and stick with my guy, but I had a trikke moment, and saw a bright, shiny object.  ;)  

 

"None taken"


They shine even brighter when I notice that they're already half dead      talk about irresistible


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

CorvusCorvax #197 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Posttrikke, on 24 August 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

 

"None taken"


They shine even brighter when I notice that they're already half dead      talk about irresistible


EXACTLY.

Since you have often talked about your flights with SpirtFoxMY, I figured a little gentle ribbing would give you a smile.  [Hmmm, does that mean the post is ribbed for your pleasure?  Unknowable.]

 



ClosedCoffin #198 Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:01 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8637 battles
  • 348
  • [MRCS] MRCS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013

GrumpyReign and I had a furious fight(Victory) together tonight against 2 human IL-40Ps.

Road to Rome Ascension map with 1 Mining Plant, 1 Air Base and 2 Garrisons.

He(F7U) and I(EF-131) contested that Mining Plant for 4 straight minutes against those IL-40Ps and their 2 T-9 bot bombers with misc fighters and such from both sides joining in, Crazy Fight.

They finally capped it but we flipped it back before the bonus kicked in - barely.

From there the furious fighting continued right up to the end.

GG Grumpy.

 

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 25 August 2019 - 05:01 AM.


GrumpyReign #199 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3490 battles
  • 168
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

View PostClosedCoffin, on 24 August 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

GrumpyReign and I had a furious fight(Victory) together tonight against 2 human IL-40Ps.

Road to Rome Ascension map with 1 Mining Plant, 1 Air Base and 2 Garrisons.

He(F7U) and I(EF-131) contested that Mining Plant for 4 straight minutes against those IL-40Ps and their 2 T-9 bot bombers with misc fighters and such from both sides joining in, Crazy Fight.

They finally capped it but we flipped it back before the bonus kicked in - barely.

From there the furious fighting continued right up to the end.

GG Grumpy.

 

 

i am humbled and gratified by your praise.

 

not going to lie, i did *not* think we had that at any point right up until the end. you are a champ for gutting it out like that. gg


Yes, I am an A-S-S.

 

I am welcomed in the home of ravens and other scavengers in the wake of warriors.
I am friend to carrion crows and wolves.
I am carry me and kill with me and die with me where the road ends.
I am not the honeyed promise of length of life in years to come,
I am the iron promise of never being a slave.


CorvusCorvax #200 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:53 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4278 battles
  • 4,435
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGrumpyReign, on 26 August 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

 

i am humbled and gratified by your praise.

 

not going to lie, i did *not* think we had that at any point right up until the end. you are a champ for gutting it out like that. gg


He is an awesome bomber pilot, there is no doubt.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users