Yet another chat related bug?

chat bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:27 PM

Captain

• 24239 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

The ENDLESS QUEUE of DEATH  (EQD) is an odd one.  I can go for days without seeing one but then I can also go for days getting bunches of them.  Like yesterday, and now apparently, again today.  Yes, you can use task manager to kill it and log back in and experience the thrill of getting shot down on the other side of the map before you can control your plane.  Almost always a defeat with little score for me.

This has been going on for a long time.  I finally have decided that it just might be connected to using hangar chat when you first log into the game.  When I greet my clan mates right off the bat the EQD seems to be much more frequent.  I have seen many bugs that are seemingly unrelated to chat over the last two years.  Could this be another?

More importantly, do they ever plan to fix it?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 July 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

The ENDLESS QUEUE of DEATH  (EQD) is an odd one.  I can go for days without seeing one but then I can also go for days getting bunches of them.  Like yesterday, and now apparently, again today.  Yes, you can use task manager to kill it and log back in and experience the thrill of getting shot down on the other side of the map before you can control your plane.  Almost always a defeat with little score for me.

This has been going on for a long time.  I finally have decided that it just might be connected to using hangar chat when you first log into the game.  When I greet my clan mates right off the bat the EQD seems to be much more frequent.  I have seen many bugs that are seemingly unrelated to chat over the last two years.  Could this be another?

More importantly, do they ever plan to fix it?

:Lately, I have avoided using any chat at all, and have noticed that I do not have EQD, or post-battle disco. (PBD).  In fact, I have seen zero of either for the last 30 or so battles.

Hmmm, you might be onto something here.

Mercsn #3 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I don't think that's related to chat because you don't get the chat server until you've loaded into a match.  Just like the crash loading into a match or into the hangar after a match, this bug is likely a hangar to match hand-off problem.  You've loaded into the match, but your client isn't getting that info or the hand-off failed and so you just watch the queue until you close the program.  When you restart, it refreshes the state and tries the hand-off again.  Sometimes you'll get in match (often with bugged out UI -may or may not be related to the chat ui bug) or sometimes it will just drop you to hangar and tell you that your airplane is still in battle.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMercsn, on 07 July 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

I don't think that's related to chat because you don't get the chat server until you've loaded into a match.  Just like the crash loading into a match or into the hangar after a match, this bug is likely a hangar to match hand-off problem.  You've loaded into the match, but your client isn't getting that info or the hand-off failed and so you just watch the queue until you close the program.  When you restart, it refreshes the state and tries the hand-off again.  Sometimes you'll get in match (often with bugged out UI -may or may not be related to the chat ui bug) or sometimes it will just drop you to hangar and tell you that your airplane is still in battle.

I think you're mixing two different chats here.  Any of the hangar chats might affect load-in/load-out.  And the in-game chat might not affect anything but load-out (possible), so minimizing all chat inputs could have a positive effect.  But without rigorous experimentation/documentation, cause and effect cannot be determined.  Currently, I am reducing all of my in-game/in-hangar chat to zero, and will wait and see about incidence of load-in/load-out failures.

Also tagged with chat, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users