• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

trikke #21 Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• 3315 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I'm a average pilot, but I've seen battles turn around

Folks cap stuff and then just ignore them

I have stolen wins from pro pilots who should have known better.      Stay in the battles, learn more things

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Bobby_Tables #22 Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6610 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Posttrikke, on 04 July 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

Stay in the battles, learn more things

+1.  I do wish they would bring back the ability to virtually sit in another player's plane and watch them play.  I learned a lot from that back in 1.x.  I think it was a better training tool than anything in the game today.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 04 July 2019 - 11:31 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #23 Posted 04 July 2019 - 11:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20694 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBobby_Tables, on 04 July 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

+1.  I do wish they would bring back the ability to virtually sit in another player's plane and watch them play.  I learned a lot from that back in 1.x.  I think it was a better training tool than anything in the game today.  

:medal:    Yes!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CARD0NA #24 Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:01 AM

Airman Basic

• 15391 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
:B

losttwo #25 Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:14 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Here is a match, a simple match, very simple and easy way to win,

This is basically how I fly most of my matches too a win.

Click battle, fly to capture, win,

KISS.

Just so happens in this match I guess I had the good bots or maybe some good humans.

I do not know. All I did was defend the Mining Plant and it influenced the match towards a win.

Tin Foil Hat Theory : Your performance equals influence towards the win.

CorvusCorvax #26 Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

Captain

• 3645 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 05 July 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Here is a match, a simple match, very simple and easy way to win,

This is basically how I fly most of my matches too a win.

Click battle, fly to capture, win,

KISS.

Just so happens in this match I guess I had the good bots or maybe some good humans.

I do not know. All I did was defend the Mining Plant and it influenced the match towards a win.

Tin Foil Hat Theory : Your performance equals influence towards the win.

I know that this won't be a popular sentiment, but I am going to say it anyway.

Your victory there was stupid-cheap.  Your victories against bot bombers and GAA a tier lower than you, and one ADA doesn't really show what the Dora is often up against:  T8, and human.  T7/T8 matches are MUCH more common than T7/T6, and so many times, T7 planes are downtiered.  This is one of the reasons I enjoy mnbv_fockewulf's night at the Adult Cartoon Plane Shootdown series - we ALL are T7, and there is no non-human stat-padding.

I don't blame you here - this is a problem of not having enough humans in-game.  But if I could fly every Dora flight at T7/T6, I would be in heaven.

Jack_Pelter_The_Chicken #27 Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 213 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S

im sorry,but if this sort thing happens regular,the best thing to do is knock the game on its head.

it generally happens to new players and causes real anxiety.

my best advice is find something different for your own sanity

all the best.

Edited by Jack_Pelter_The_Chicken, 05 July 2019 - 05:12 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #28 Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7399 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostJack_Pelter_The_Chicken, on 05 July 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

im sorry,but if this sort thing happens regular,the best thing to do is knock the game on its head.

it generally happens to new players and causes real anxiety.

my best advice is find something different for your own sanity

all the best.

I'm not trying to be a smart alec, but I cannot tell what you are trying to say?  :( 

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #29 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:13 PM

Captain

• 3315 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
I think he's recommending a different game...  Maybe WoT?
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #30 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:48 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 05 July 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

I know that this won't be a popular sentiment, but I am going to say it anyway.

Your victory there was stupid-cheap.  Your victories against bot bombers and GAA a tier lower than you, and one ADA doesn't really show what the Dora is often up against:  T8, and human.  T7/T8 matches are MUCH more common than T7/T6, and so many times, T7 planes are downtiered.  This is one of the reasons I enjoy mnbv_fockewulf's night at the Adult Cartoon Plane Shootdown series - we ALL are T7, and there is no non-human stat-padding.

I don't blame you here - this is a problem of not having enough humans in-game.  But if I could fly every Dora flight at T7/T6, I would be in heaven.

Of course it is. That is what this game has become. So simple a cave man can play it.

All one need do is click battle, get superiority with the highest value target. Stay alive.

If your team is getting superiority then sit and defend. Or go kill ADA to capture a sector and bail to the next spot.

Your experience may differ. But the Dora ( premium ) can handle itself very well regardless of match make up.

Regardless of how many humans are in the match. Then again, my experience is usually 4 humans max.

I my have had 1 tier 4 match, out of 2000 with 8 humans on each side but that is rare.

Of course that is not a good illustration of my CHEAPEST WIN.

Here is my CHEAPEST WIN.

CorvusCorvax #31 Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• 3645 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 05 July 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

But the Dora ( premium ) can handle itself very well regardless of match make up.

Of course that is not a good illustration of my CHEAPEST WIN.

Here is my CHEAPEST WIN.

OMG, facepalm is right.

The Dora (I assume you mean specialized) is at a disadvantage in a T8/T7 fight.  It now no longer has much of speed advantage on anything, and has zero altitude advantage.  You can pick on the edges, working on GAA and other T7 loners (assuming you can catch them off-guard), but going and killing ADA is really more of just interacting with bots, and not human players.

Yes, this is the hand we've been dealt.  And it sucks.

losttwo #32 Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 05 July 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

OMG, facepalm is right.

The Dora (I assume you mean specialized) is at a disadvantage in a T8/T7 fight.  It now no longer has much of speed advantage on anything, and has zero altitude advantage.  You can pick on the edges, working on GAA and other T7 loners (assuming you can catch them off-guard), but going and killing ADA is really more of just interacting with bots, and not human players.

Yes, this is the hand we've been dealt.  And it sucks.

No, I meant premium but was wrong. My Dora is not specialized yet.

It still does good in a tier 7/8 match.

Like you stated the tactic is to capture sectors and interact with bots.

It can still do good against inexperienced humans that have not yet learned how to fly their " specialized "

rushed up the tier, " mm sucks and is unbalanced " planes and play style.

Jockobeans #33 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

Senior Airman

• 697 battles

I had a guy ditch a match on my team at the start of a match a little while ago. He typed in chat that there were too many top tier premiums and just left. 

It was a balanced game. I got shot down a few times, but my squadron still managed to win.

Edited by Jockobeans, 11 July 2019 - 10:23 PM.

losttwo #34 Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:19 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3955 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJockobeans, on 11 July 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

I had a guy ditch a match on my team at the start of a match a little while ago. He typed in chat that there were too many top tier premiums and just left. 

It was a balanced game. I got shot down a few times, but my squadron still managed to win.

hope you sent him a message " thanks for bailing on the match, we won it for you, thanks for not getting in the way and being a target "

Mercsn #35 Posted 13 July 2019 - 06:02 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostIce_King, on 03 July 2019 - 08:26 PM, said:

So lately once I see that matchmaker has decided the battle from the start, and things go predictably badly, I get pissed off and rage quit. 

This is not something I do in the other WG games because it's at least theoretically possible to turn bad situations around, but this game wins & loses seem so preordained that I have been allowing myself to succumb to my anger and quit mid battle. But I still kinda feel bad about it.

This latest battle had me as the only human tier 8 against a flight of guys in tier 8 premiums, my two teammates were in undertiered attack planes (which has never gone well for me). I know the enemy human RB-17 is going for the MPlant so I rush there, cant hit him enough with my "sniper" cannons on my Ta 152, and he kills me. I go back for revenge and kill him, but his buddy in a P-80A swats me out. By this time they have air superiority and I quit, leaving my hapless attack planes to ride out the loss. 

How big of a c**t am I for leaving them and can I / should I stop doing this? 

You should have gone and captured the Military Base (rocket icon) or Command Center (radar dish icon) so that it didn't matter if he captured the plant, you'd take it back with your offensive sector.  OR, you could have gone low and knocked out the GA to prevent him from capturing the zone, but the first option is still better.  Once he takes the plant, he'll come for the CC OR MB, but that's easier to block a bombing capture because you can refill your hold on the sector by killing enemy fighters that will usually show up to attack the zone (and, while your keeping him from capturing this offensive sector, the rockets or bombers are capturing the plant for you).

So, I vote you should learn map strategy per your plane type instead of rage quitting and hopefully getting a match that you do understand the strategy for. 

The plant is valuable, but the command center and rocket base will capture it if you take them.

ALSO, now that the function keys are "command the bots" keys instead of "communicate with human teammates" keys, you can point your nose at the bomber player and press f4 to indicate to your bots that they should attack it.  You might get a fighter that responds, but there's an even chance a HF will respond who can actually get up there and get him.

Edited by Mercsn, 13 July 2019 - 06:05 AM.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users