inexplicable loss

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

blindfoId #41 Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 July 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

My last battle was me and 23 bots.  I capped four bases and got knocked out by the ubiquitous heavy bot after the squall line.  I always watch all the battles to the end and was happily watching my bots blowing away red bots while our considerable lead in points continued to grow.  Then, suddenly, the game ended with a score of 788 or so to around 650 for the reds.  There were still 6 blue bots to only 1 red bot.

DEFEAT!  Combat group destroyed!  WTH?!  This is the second battle I have lost like this in the last two weeks.   Why?

Both battles were myself and 23 bots.  Both battles I had a considerable lead.  Both battles ended the same way with more blue bots than red bots fighting but red won because Combat Group Destroyed.

Am I the only person who always watches the battles through to the end?  Or am I the only one who has this happen?  I've never noticed anyone else remark about this type of battle.  And it is a very memorable battle.

Regarding the initial topic, it's pretty much close to what Reitousair says. Still, the autocalculation mechanics should work only if the last man leaves the battle and does not observe his bots flying. Thus, technically it's a very rare bug which launches the autocalculation of results while you are still watching. We'll try to monitor the issue but it really is a rare one and it's difficult to determine reasons causing it.

Originally, it works as follows: if the last player leaves the battle, algorithm will calculate the results if the battle lasted more than 180 seconds from that moment. This algorithm depends on:

1. A squall line presence.

2. Number of planes in both teams.

3. Number of sectors owned = potential points earned.

Regarding the continuation of this thread, I would really appreciate it if you could treat others as you wish to be treated, be polite, and keep it classy. Let's stay civil :)

Captain_Underpants53 #42 Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 20645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Thank you, blindfold.  It is a rare event and I think I've only seen it as many times as I have because I fly so much.

As far as the civility goes, I agree except there are some people who only post in order to hijack the thread and stir the hornet's nest.  Personally, if reporting them for hijacking doesn't do anything, I sting.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Reitousair #43 Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10182 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Thanks Blindfold for the response, good to know it's a feature bugging out. Maybe that's why in those old threads I was a bit miffed I couldn't replicate it consistently, because it's more so a freak accident than something (to my knowledge) consistently get to occur. Also cool to see what the algorithm for it is, so, again, thanks for clearing this up!

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

blindfoId #44 Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
My pleasure :honoring:

Also tagged with inexplicable, loss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users