Secret Trials and Previous Releases

Event Special Limited Time Rerun Promotion Secret Trials

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ellisonetic #1 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

Airman Basic

• 41 battles

I'm very new to the Wargaming community in general but have been enjoying my experience so far. Being so new however, makes for some confusion regarding events, deadlines, etc. Tragically I've seemed to have misread the Secret Trials: Horten Ho 229 information and I THOUGHT I had until July 2nd...which I do, I have till then to complete it IF I had activated the stupid quest which the deadline for that was yesterday. I tried to do the questline, couldn't manage, and was like fine I have till the 2nd I'll just buy it this weekend. Or so I thought.

More to the point, am I doomed to just never get this special event aircraft? Do they ever rerun promotions or have events to get previous releases? Or was this literally my only shot at getting this specific plane and I'm just out of luck? There's no way to reactivate my quest right? Not even with money? Since that deadline was the 30th and has been removed.

Stygian_Alchemist #2 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8377 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
In a few months it will go on sale. Not sure beyond that :/

comealong1 #3 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:17 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6884 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

You never know with WG, but many planes become available later.. Not sure on this one but maybe able to buy this one in the future.. Prob not any time soon tho.

That's how I got to 282 planes in hanger.. But I give WG way too much money.. I am excessive compulsive though.. Just more to maintain, more to pick from, & more decisions to make.

Edited by comealong1, 01 July 2019 - 09:21 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #4 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4434 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
The most popular planes tend to be released anywhere from six months to a year later in the premium shop. Just wait a bit.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Ellisonetic #5 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Airman Basic

• 41 battles
Excellent! As long as I'll have another opportunity to get it that's all I care about. I've always had a thing for flying wing aircraft like the B2 Bomber and Nighthawk. I had no idea Germany had one of these and this event comes out and it just looks so badass I had to have it. So if all I have to do is wait a few months that's fine by me. Thanks for the answers everyone, I appreciate the quick replies.

Edited by Ellisonetic, 01 July 2019 - 09:30 AM.

SpiritFoxMY #6 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4434 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostEllisonetic, on 01 July 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Excellent! As long as I'll have another opportunity to get it that's all I care about. I've always had a thing for flying wing aircraft like the B2 Bomber and Nighthawk. I had no idea Germany had one of these and this event comes out and it just looks so badass I had to have it. So if all I have to do is wait a few months that's fine by me. Thanks for the answers everyone, I appreciate the quick replies.

You're probably in for a treat once the tier 9/10 American bombers come out then. We pretty much expect the YB-49

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Ellisonetic #7 Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

Airman Basic

• 41 battles

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 01 July 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

You're probably in for a treat once the tier 9/10 American bombers come out then. We pretty much expect the YB-49

I can already tell this game isn't going to be good for my wallet. Damn lol.

trikke #8 Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:35 AM

Captain

• 3174 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

you can have mine

edit:  I shouldn't tease you like that, it's impossible to move planes from one acct to another

Edited by trikke, 02 July 2019 - 12:38 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mercsn #9 Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2448 battles

It is not a beginner friendly plane in a not beginner friendly tier of Ace skill bots.   It was showing up in the tech tree which seems to indicate they're going to sell it. Usually if a plane is "special" they don't show it in the tech tree.

As a new player, you probably wouldn't have been able to complete the series of missions anyways and you won't have the ability to earn the tokens to skip the parts that you couldn't beat (you need a tier 8+ plane to do the "daily" missions to earn tokens).  Although, tokens seem to be for sale once or twice a week now, I haven't kept track. I just know I've seen tokens for sale some days.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Reitousair #10 Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9909 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostMercsn, on 02 July 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

As a new player, you probably wouldn't have been able to complete the series of missions anyways and you won't have the ability to earn the tokens to skip the parts that you couldn't beat (you need a tier 8+ plane to do the "daily" missions to earn tokens).  Although, tokens seem to be for sale once or twice a week now, I haven't kept track. I just know I've seen tokens for sale some days.

Secret Trials op-orders can only have missions skipped through certificates which cost money, in fact to my knowledge all op-orders for premium aircraft require certificates to skip. Op-orders for tech tree aircraft are the ones that require tokens to skip.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Mercsn #11 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2448 battles

View PostReitousair, on 03 July 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Secret Trials op-orders can only have missions skipped through certificates which cost money, in fact to my knowledge all op-orders for premium aircraft require certificates to skip. Op-orders for tech tree aircraft are the ones that require tokens to skip.

Ah, yeah. I forgot that it was certificates on that one instead of tokens.  Had a token mission on the brain.  Thanks for the correction.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

blindfoId #12 Posted 09 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostEllisonetic, on 01 July 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

I'm very new to the Wargaming community in general but have been enjoying my experience so far. Being so new however, makes for some confusion regarding events, deadlines, etc. Tragically I've seemed to have misread the Secret Trials: Horten Ho 229 information and I THOUGHT I had until July 2nd...which I do, I have till then to complete it IF I had activated the stupid quest which the deadline for that was yesterday. I tried to do the questline, couldn't manage, and was like fine I have till the 2nd I'll just buy it this weekend. Or so I thought.

More to the point, am I doomed to just never get this special event aircraft? Do they ever rerun promotions or have events to get previous releases? Or was this literally my only shot at getting this specific plane and I'm just out of luck? There's no way to reactivate my quest right? Not even with money? Since that deadline was the 30th and has been removed.

Hi and welcome to world of Warplanes! :honoring:

Al special aircraft sooner or later appears in the Premium Shop as a part of special offers. So keep your eyes on the official portal updates.

Also tagged with Event, Special, Limited, Time, Rerun, Promotion, Secret, Trials

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users