PC crashes during battle

crash battle

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

fortis_victorem #1 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

My PC crashes (as in restarts) during the beginning of a battle when I play world of warplanes, this hasn't happened before and didn't even happen when I installed the update at first, but while playing today my PC has restarted a few seconds after the battle begins.

Is this a issue most people are having after the update or is there something wrong with my game/PC?

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:55 PM

Captain

• 1178 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postfortis_victorem, on 27 June 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

My PC crashes (as in restarts) during the beginning of a battle when I play world of warplanes, this hasn't happened before and didn't even happen when I installed the update at first, but while playing today my PC has restarted a few seconds after the battle begins.

Is this a issue most people are having after the update or is there something wrong with my game/PC?

as in restarts , like shuts down and re boots

if so then my guess is a power supply issue

the additional game load on cpu/gpu causes a spike in watts

if the Power supply cannot handle the additional load...

crash/ restart

just a guess

let us know

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 27 June 2019 - 11:57 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

fortis_victorem #3 Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 June 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

as in restarts , like shuts down and re boots

if so then my guess is a power supply issue

the load the cpu/gpu causes a spike in watts

if the Power supply cannot handle the additional load...

crash/ restart

just a guess

let us know

The screen goes black and then the windows starts up as if I just turned it on.

If this is helpful here are my specs (I built this pc a few weeks ago)

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
- GeForce GTX 1050ti gpu
- 16gb ram
- 500gb ssd

- Corsair - CXM 550M (550W psu)

edit:

I tried playing the game again, but this time my PC restarted when I launched the game. 

Edited by fortis_victorem, 28 June 2019 - 12:10 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:29 AM

Captain

• 1178 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postfortis_victorem, on 27 June 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 cpu--- 370 watts
- GeForce GTX 1050ti gpu 75-watts
- 16gb ram
- 500gb ssd

edit:

I tried playing the game again, but this time my PC restarted when I launched the game. 

370+75 = 450 watts not a lot of headroom with a 550w PS

tho it should work unless you overclock and have a super cooler
do you have a known /good PS (power supply) that you could just swap out

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

fortis_victorem #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:38 AM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 28 June 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

Edited by fortis_victorem, 28 June 2019 - 12:38 AM.

fortis_victorem #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:40 AM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles
not sure what happenned to above post, (how do I delete posts on here?) but I was just able to play the game with no crashes however the rgb lights of two of my fans turned off.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:43 AM

Captain

• 1178 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm not sure you're out of the woods on your new pc build

I hope all is well.

here is a PS link it that is what it turns out to be:

https://www.bhphotov...ft=BI:514&smp=y

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 June 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

He has more then enough for this game.

I would not be swapping any computer parts just yet.

With geforce he probably has the software that comes with it to overclock everything but still should not need it.

You can also monitor or set your fans too with it.

GPU tweak it's called.

Try the easy stuff first like starting the game with the clear cache start button and then shutting down the control center after the game loads.

Black screens usually overheating but you can watch it with gpu tweak.

You got a much superior build to my old asus but there is no way you should have a problem running this game.

Aside from the packet loss from their end during peak times and the same bugs that plague everyone after every update I have basically flown 20,000 matches no problem with my pc.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 28 June 2019 - 12:52 AM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 28 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

Captain

• 1178 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 June 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

He has more then enough for this game.

I would not be swapping any computer parts just yet.

With geforce he probably has the software that comes with it to overclock everything but still should not need it.

You can also monitor or set your fans too with it.

GPU tweak it's called.

ok Chuck...

you take over

lol

new PS's are sometimes effed outta the box

750 with his setup would be recommended...

but...Chuck...

you take over

:popcorn:

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 28 June 2019 - 12:49 AM.

Chuck_norris10 #10 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:06 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postfortis_victorem, on 27 June 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
- GeForce GTX 1050ti gpu
- 16gb ram
- 500gb ssd

edit:

Dont give up,read the forums as there is a lot of posts about the bugs but for what it's worth I built my asus in 2014 just to play this game and is soon to be upgraded when win7 is finally unworkable.

So for comparison 

Inteli7

Asus Z87-K

8 GB DDR3

1 TB black hard drive

650W power supply

I run on high graphics and with zero overclocking anything and have no problems.

I do keep the task manager open and check it every few games....leaving this game run will shut you down with the memory leaks they have so sometimes restarting every few games is a good idea.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:12 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 June 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

ok Chuck...

you take over

lol

new PS's are sometimes effed outta the box

750 with his setup would be recommended...

but...Chuck...

you take over

:popcorn:

Hate to see a guy do more damage then he has to.

If he has GPU tweak which comes with geforce products then he can monitor and set every single function including  voltage.

Black screens on this game could be caused by anything and have seen a few myself but it's always been the game.

But us as a population are still beta testers because this game never should have left beta.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:20 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Stick around Fortis,I been here since the game started and it was fun then and it's still fun but a lot different then the 1.9 days.

You got more then enough computer to play this game in high settings.

Check out GPU tweak if it didnt come with your card.

The ultimate test of any graphics card is the frames-per-second it can push in the game you bought it to play.

drive more FPS with a single click in GPU Tweak II so you can extract every last bit of in-game performance.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 28 June 2019 - 01:24 AM.

fortis_victorem #13 Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:00 AM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles
well this time I was able to play a full game but the PC restarted once I clicked return to hangar

Mercsn #14 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2616 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 June 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

Hate to see a guy do more damage then he has to.

If he has GPU tweak which comes with geforce products then he can monitor and set every single function including  voltage.

Black screens on this game could be caused by anything and have seen a few myself but it's always been the game.

But us as a population are still beta testers because this game never should have left beta.

He's not having a black screen, he's having his pc reboot.  Which, is something I've never run into when running any game.  I'm with Ace_bot on this one, that something isn't quite right with his pc build.  Lots of people forget the power supply is a crucial part of a build and skimp on it.  Plus 550w rated could be something like 440w actual (or lower!).  If his GPU and CPU are pulling 450w max (not counting some extra for fans, ssd, whatever else is pulling juice) then, he very well could be running into a situation where the system is restarting when voltage to the cpu drops under load and (as Ace_bot points out), when the game loads it can cause a power draw spike in the cpu and gpu.

A PC rebooting itself sounds like power or heat issue.  If he skimped on the psu, that's a strong suspect, especially as close as he is on psu supply vs system potential draw.  The other thing could be he didn't put thermal paste on the chip to cooler? But, even then, if the pc was cool it shouldn't reboot from overheating right away.  Another guess might be that he set his RAM at an unstable speed for his mobo or bios? /shrug

A reboot isn't a game bug/issue though, it's a pc issue.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Chuck_norris10 #15 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMercsn, on 28 June 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

He's not having a black screen, he's having his pc reboot.  Which, is something I've never run into when running any game.  I'm with Ace_bot on this one, that something isn't quite right with his pc build.  Lots of people forget the power supply is a crucial part of a build and skimp on it.  Plus 550w rated could be something like 440w actual (or lower!).  If his GPU and CPU are pulling 450w max (not counting some extra for fans, ssd, whatever else is pulling juice) then, he very well could be running into a situation where the system is restarting when voltage to the cpu drops under load and (as Ace_bot points out), when the game loads it can cause a power draw spike in the cpu and gpu.

A PC rebooting itself sounds like power or heat issue.  If he skimped on the psu, that's a strong suspect, especially as close as he is on psu supply vs system potential draw.  The other thing could be he didn't put thermal paste on the chip to cooler? But, even then, if the pc was cool it shouldn't reboot from overheating right away.  Another guess might be that he set his RAM at an unstable speed for his mobo or bios? /shrug

A reboot isn't a game bug/issue though, it's a pc issue.

I didnt realize it was shutting right down on him.GPU tweak will show you how much it uses and what minimum and maximum are if that helps.

if it's overheating it will show that also as well as fan speed. All which can be tweaked or overclocked with the program.Mine came with my GEFORCE. Coolest tool ever.

You can also set your  minimum gpu voltage and see if the default settings are high enough with it.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 28 June 2019 - 01:37 PM.

NL_Celt #16 Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1106 battles
I have had my rather powerful computer reboot during a sortie. Not sure why, but one thing I started to do was when I initiate the game I always choose the option to clear cache. Seems to me I recall another thread where this was mentioned. Without taking notes on how this is working out, it "seems" to work. Worth a try at least.

Chuck_norris10 #17 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:24 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostNL_Celt, on 28 June 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have had my rather powerful computer reboot during a sortie. Not sure why, but one thing I started to do was when I initiate the game I always choose the option to clear cache. Seems to me I recall another thread where this was mentioned. Without taking notes on how this is working out, it "seems" to work. Worth a try at least.

When you open the game from the game center it gives you options on how to open it and the top one is clear cache and open game.

Do that and once the game is running shut the game center down.

If it gets bad after a few shut the game down and fire up the game center again and rinse and repeat.

NL_Celt #18 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1106 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 June 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

When you open the game from the game center it gives you options on how to open it and the top one is clear cache and open game.

Do that and once the game is running shut the game center down.

If it gets bad after a few shut the game down and fire up the game center again and rinse and repeat.

Interesting. I'll check that out.

Normally I have few problems and the clear cache option seems to help.

Also tagged with crash, battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users