• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #21 Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2318 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 28 June 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

So you need your ISP to track down the leg of your route to WG that's causing this packet loss that you're talking about. 

They have,takes them 1 minute on a smartphone and no drops in months reported by my bud who happens to be a shaw tech.

If I was having an internet issue there is no way I could shut this game down and fly DCS world which I do.

It's intermittent,I have rarely seen it in years but I figured out now a few seconds of PL screws my joystick up for 2 to 3 games now so if you see me barrel rolling into the sunset you will know I'm just trying to survive and rely on the rest of the team to carry me.

You know the noobs who make their first post about this after a few matches usually give up.

Captain_Rownd #22 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2428 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 June 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

If I was having an internet issue there is no way I could shut this game down and fly DCS world which I do.

You have different routes to different companies.  Packet loss on a node of one route it won't happen on all the other routes that don't contain that node.  Multiple different companies along the way, and dozens of bits of equipment between you and the destination.  (However, the problems are much more likely to be closer to home than further down the line.)  Hope you can track it down. 

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 June 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

You know the noobs who make their first post about this after a few matches usually give up.

This game requires a solid connection.  (solid is more important than "fast")  Any connection problems, or if junior starts uploading photos to the cloud(!) on your network, or if your machine starts a software update in the background, then you're going to be hosed.  I can only play Warplanes (or Tanks) when I'm alone at home and nothing else is happening on our network.  Any other significant traffic on my home network and I'm going to lose control of my plane/tank frequently.  When I have the home network to myself there usually isn't a problem.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714

Chuck_norris10 #23 Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2318 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Our players have recently notified us that, since the addition of bots to standard battles, they have experienced occasional periods of server lag. We already know about this issue and are working on resolving it.

The reason this lag happens is because the server needs to do many more computations for each bot than it does for each human player. For players, it simulates the flight model and tracks shooting based on decisions and inputs made by them. For every single bot in a battle however, the server needs to track surroundings, choose tactics, flight paths and maneuvers, simulate aiming and shooting, etc. The more bots that populate the server, the higher the load, so naturally lag becomes more noticeable at specific times. In particular we are talking about games during the night time when battles tend to include significantly more bots than during the day. This issue is especially significant for EU and NA clusters because they have very large fluctuations between the daytime and nighttime player populations.

The good news is that a solution for this problem has already been found. At the moment we are conducting extensive testing, and, once it’s proven to be working and issue-free, it will be deployed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users