Thanks WG for the Debug!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #1 Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 960 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Hi WG, 

I just wanted to say thanks to whoever is responsible for debugging the game platform over the last few months.  Use to be that the villains Barron Blackscreen and his sidekicks, Sideways Flying Plane, Backwards Flying Plane and Stuck on Flypaper plane were everwhere causing consternation and confusion with my brave bi-plane pilots.  It was rare I could string more than a couple of flights together without one of these dastardly villain's appearing to ruin my in-air experience. 

However, over the past several weeks, I have rarely run into these dastardly fiends and when my old nemesis Backwards Flying Plane did finally dare to show his horrendous face recently, the system did in fact eventually correct itself and allowed my pilot to indeed fly forward and shoot at stuffs before the end of the game. 

This is a HUGE improvement in both the playability of the game and my enjoyment of it. 

Now, not everything is perfect mind you.  On occasion it will take far too much time for one of my planes to load into the game and it has so happened that on occasion I have gained control of my plane when it was about 5 inches from a sheer cliffside (BOOM).  But compared to earlier, this is, in my book, a HUGE improvement. 

Thanks again, 

Your dedicated bi-plane noob girl. 

Me!!!  :medal:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 25 June 2019 - 11:28 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19664 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 24 June 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hi WG, 

I just wanted to say thanks to whoever is responsible for debugging the game platform over the last few months.  Use to be that the villains Barron Blackscreen and his sidekicks, Sideways Flying Plane, Backwards Flying Plane and Stuck on Flypaper plane were everwhere causing consternation and confusion with my brave bi-plane pilots.  It was rare I could string more than a couple of flights together without one of these dastardly villain's appearing to ruin my in-air experience. 

However, over the past several weeks, I have rarely run into this dastardly fiends and when my old nemisis Backwards Flying Plane did finally dare to show his horrendous face recently, the system did in fact eventually correct itself and allowed my pilot to indeed fly forward and shoot at stuffs before the end of the game. 

This is a HUGE improvement in both the playability of the game and my enjoyment of it. 

Now, not everything is perfect mind you.  On occasion it will take far too much time for one of my planes to load into the game and it has so happened that on occasion I have gained control of my plane when it was about 5 inches from a sheer cliffside (BOOM).  But compared to earlier, this is, in my book, a HUGE improvement. 

Thanks again, 

You're dedicated bi-plane noob girl. 

Me!!!  :medal:

:great:

LOL.  I kinda hate to agree because always, in the past, when I commented on greater stability becoming the norm, my game went completely bonkers.

Oh well, it was nice for the short time it has lasted.

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Stygian_Alchemist #3 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Anyone capable of switching to the steam based client.. really should.

It's far more solid than the WGC client and you don't have to have WGC running in the background and all its buggy self making everything mess up.

mnbv_fockewulfe #4 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• 505 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
https://steamcharts.com/app/790710

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

losttwo #5 Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3181 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 24 June 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

LOL..that is kind of scary....population levels or is it repulsive levels. Hard to tell the difference. :playing:

Chart seems somewhat accurate. There are an average of 50 people from my contacts list playing when I play.

I think the peak was 72.

GeorgePatton #6 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:19 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1127 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postlosttwo, on 24 June 2019 - 04:33 PM, said:

LOL..that is kind of scary....population levels or is it repulsive levels. Hard to tell the difference. :playing:

Chart seems somewhat accurate. There are an average of 50 people from my contacts list playing when I play.

I think the peak was 72.

You have contacts? :P I've only ever got like maybe one or two online haha!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• 505 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlosttwo, on 24 June 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

I think the peak was 72.

The steam chart shows only who's playing on the steam client. And that's split between 4 different servers now.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

losttwo #8 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:50 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 3181 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 24 June 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

then add more than just clan members playing and you too can have more contacts :sceptic:

( don't kick me form the clan TT, it was a joke )

Stygian_Alchemist #9 Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
Ah.. look.. its the de-rail brigade.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19664 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Well, I knew it!  Endless Queue of Death returns!

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1513 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Never seen a game that can get a few new bugs every patch and just coast with them like this game.

My MSFX which has not been patched since 2005 still runs better then this game.

The bot's are coding the patches now....Hal is in charge.

As they gain more experience they will eventually take over.

HHJ was right!:D

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:31 AM

Captain

• 3378 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 25 June 2019 - 01:28 AM, said:

HHJ was right!:D

LOL, yup.

Hammy seems pretty quaint right now.  I am hesitant to agree with the OP, because that surely indicates that there will be an explosion of bugs soon to occur.  But yes, it seems that there are fewer black load-ins (requiring a drop to desktop, clearing out all WG stuff, then reload) and few black screen return-to-hangars (requiring a game reload).  [crossed fingers, toes, legs, and arms...]

Bobby_Tables #13 Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6281 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostGeorgePatton, on 24 June 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

Add me to your contact list.  I always add back.  Nice to see who is playing.

And yes, I agree that the critical bugs are less nowadays.  Waiting for the next event to see which ones will rear their ugly heads.  

Cheers!

Glennnnn

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 25 June 2019 - 03:07 AM.

_Bruiser_ #14 Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5439 battles

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 24 June 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Anyone capable of switching to the steam based client.. really should.

It's far more solid than the WGC client and you don't have to have WGC running in the background and all its buggy self making everything mess up.

You can close the game center once the game is running, in case you didn't know...........not to de-rail of course, just following your lead.  :)

arrrgh #15 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2730 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Post_Bruiser_, on 25 June 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

You can close the game center once the game is running, in case you didn't know...........not to de-rail of course, just following your lead.  :)

Yeah, and if you do that, and the game disconnects (all the time), the client deletes your password, and sometimes your login info.      Of course, since the  WG password system is terrible, it sometimes does that even if WG center is still running. 

Its a huge pain in the [edited]to then have run my password manager again, to get the password, to log back in.   WG, why, on earth, do you DELETE THE DAMN PASSWORD from the client. 

Edited by arrrgh, 28 June 2019 - 06:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users