Analysis - CIS (RU) snapshot of WoWP computers

computers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

Captain

• 64 battles
I was looking at these two threads of the RU, or now CIS, WoWP pilots discussing their client system builds, here is one discussion, while here is another discussion. In these threads is a discussion survey on what the CIS aka RU WoWP are using for computers.

Here is a short list of the builds and other comments

- i5 750, 3266 MHz, 8 Gb DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
- i5 4670K DDR3-1600 (16Gb) KFA2 GeForce GTX 1060 EXOC White. Nothing is in acceleration, all in the standard settings.
- i5 9400 / gtx 1060 1080p - from 60-90 to 130 fps on the hd client. Like the rules now with performance.
-i3 - 4 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - plowing with small flaws!
-i5-4670, 8 GB RAM + GF 1060 6GB VRAM + SSD = 60 fps at maximum with sometimes drawdowns up to 40. everything is comfortable 
-My FPS was 20, after extreme patches it became 40. Computer is weak

Holy Cow, no wonder WoWP is not 64-bit. As a FYI, here are the current WoWP listed client requirements

Minimum
Windows 7
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i3-2xxx or higher
Memory (RAM): 4 GB
Video Card: Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB, Radeon HD 3870) / higher)
Audio card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Free space on hard drive: 35 GB
Internet connection speed: 256 Kbps
Minimum screen resolution: 1280?768

Recommended
Windows 7, 64 bit
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i5-2???, AMD FX 8xxx / higher
Memory (RAM): 8 GB
Video Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 660 1GB, Radeon HD 7870 / higher
Audio card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Free space on hard drive: 45 GB
Internet connection speed: 1024 Kbps
Minimum screen resolution: 1280?768

And who uses Kbps per second anymore for an internet speed rate? These CIS WoWP players are not even trying to meet the requirements.

Now my system is several years old and needs to be replaced and I own up in recognizing that fact.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor (CPU): Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory (RAM): 16MB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
Audio card: Realtek Audio  (DirectX 12 compatible)
Free space on hard drive: 473.4 GB out of 1 TB
Internet connection speed: 8,340 Kbps
Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (LED)

So is January 2020 the end days for WoWP? I ask this because that is when Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Microsoft. 

I wonder if this has been the plan along for WoWP?  BTW, I have not seen any official announcement stating that WoWP will be ending, nor am I seeing anything announcing preparations for the Microsoft January 2020 deadline. Has anyone else heard of any future plans for WoWP with the new Windows 10 OS?

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes. Ditch the Zero and get with a Hero WoWP - Best troll game in 2018/2019

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

nwlxn12 #2 Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1408 battles

WG support probably can't wait for Jan. 2020.

user "I am having a problem with WoWP"

WG "I see you are running Windows 7.  That is no longer supported, please upgrade to Windows 10"

Ticket closed.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #3 Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1276 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I think most evidence over the past year or so point to the fact that WG is making an effort to revitalize WOWPs rather than shut it down. I'd also like to point out that while Microsoft may be on the verge of no longer supporting Windows 7 does not mean that on that date that Windows 7 will suddenly cease to function.

What really matters most is the ceiling or most recent OS WOWPs will support not the floor or oldest OS the game will run. 

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

losttwo #4 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5040 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

So for all those end of days survivalist

It is time to stock up on hangars, gold. premium time and consumables.

Then end of WOWP is near.

repent while you still can.

I do not think that Microsoft's decision to no longer support Widows 7

has anything to do with WOWP.

I seriously doubt that WOWP is even developing the game using Windows 7.

Surely WG 's base programs must include the ability to operate in 7 but will soon be phased out.

Hopefully people are not under the assumption that WG is a 3rd world company using outdated but upgraded 486's.

Being a multi-million dollar/ ruble corporation they have the best systems.

comtedumas #5 Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6887 battles
  • [FK] FK
Every one of those computers listed can easily run Windows 10 and a 64bit OS.   Not to mention World of Warships just went 64 bit only.  

Edited by comtedumas, 24 June 2019 - 09:35 PM.

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Mercsn #6 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:23 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postcomtedumas, on 24 June 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Every one of those computers listed can easily run Windows 10 and a 64bit OS.   Not to mention World of Warships just went 64 bit only.  

The first pc listed has about the same specs as the laptop I was running when I started the beta and continued up until 3 years or so ago.  I was getting up to 25 fps at 1080p and drops into single digits when the screen was busy or there were a lot of effects (smoke, 'splosions, etc) happening, even with all such effects turned to minimal settings.

It was barely playable.  Incidentally, it ran a bit smoother in the beta simply because there were less 'splosions and less items (planes) to track on the screen in the previous game mode. That's even though it was horribly optimized back then and had a nasty memory leak that would kill many players RAM limit (fortunately, that wasn't an issue as I had more than standard RAM). 

If those PCs can run win 10, then they'll run win 10 and keep on being crappy in wowp, with probably slightly more system resources taken up by the os and who knows how many gpu driver issues (that will definitely result in unfun gameplay), if players don't block win 10 from d/l updated drivers for non MS components.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

Bobby_Tables #7 Posted 25 June 2019 - 04:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7435 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

WOWP is going to be 32-bit for quite some time in my estimation.  I could be wrong, but I think this is the last product they would move from the old, creaking gaming engine they bought.  

As for Windows 7, Microsoft may be terminating support (with the exception of large corporate clients) but that does not mean a gaming company cannot continue to support it either actively or passively.  Most companies offer a passive approach.  As mentioned above, an easy-out for tech support "da, you having issues, you are unsupported version Windows, ve cannot help."

Several posts ago, I did find a web site that broke the myth that CIS (RU) users are on Windows XP.  Very few are still that far behind.  

But.. Windows 7 seems to be very prevalent and that is not exclusive to CIS.  

I did note the lack of anyone with an AMD processor in the very small sample size.  Perhaps AMD has a market potential here folks!  I personally love AMD lately and that's coming from a former Intel fanboi.  

Perco_lator #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:30 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

I believe the devs already said there are no plans for a 64 bit WOWP & considering how long it takes for planned changes I don't believe it will ever happen.

They have already circled the wagons with regards to this title & I just can't see them putting resources into adding a 64 bit client.

Also tagged with computers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users