Jump to content


Booster question

Booster

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

nwlxn12 #1 Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:20 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1408 battles
  • 344
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012
Has anyone used the +300% crew XP booster (intensive training)?  Does it boost only the base crew xp or if you have accelerated training checked, does it boost that part as well?  I have never used this or any booster and am wondering if it is worth it at all.  Also curious what the most crew xp someone has gotten when they had this activated.  If I were an over achiever I could probably do the math, but I would still need to know if it boosts only the base crew xp or all of it if you have accelerated training checked.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5652 battles
  • 9,463
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postnwlxn12, on 23 June 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Has anyone used the +300% crew XP booster (intensive training)?  Does it boost only the base crew xp or if you have accelerated training checked, does it boost that part as well?  I have never used this or any booster and am wondering if it is worth it at all.  Also curious what the most crew xp someone has gotten when they had this activated.  If I were an over achiever I could probably do the math, but I would still need to know if it boosts only the base crew xp or all of it if you have accelerated training checked.

 

Most likely it will boost the crew xp, the accelerated training just transfers the plane xp to the crew.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22376 battles
  • 3,182
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

All of it.  It does have drawbacks though, besides the cost I mean.

 

It runs in real time, not battle time.  Endless queue bug?  Too bad!  Tic, tic, tic

 

Disconnected from game?  Too bad!  Tic tic tic.

 

Whatever 'feature' interferes with your playing time does NOT interfere with that tic, tic, tic.

 

And maybe it's just suspicion on my part, but I sure get a lot of battles on three sector maps and get undertiered a lot when I am using one.

 

:unsure:

 

 


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22376 battles
  • 3,182
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 23 June 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

 

Most likely it will boost the crew xp, the accelerated training just transfers the plane xp to the crew.


If you use the one that boosts plane XP at the same time, you can really get a nice POP.

 

I use them only for these 3 points or higher first victory days.  Even with all the drawbacks it is a rare day that I don't add one or two skills to a crew.

 


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Booze_Morgan #5 Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 530 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    10-01-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 23 June 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

All of it.  It does have drawbacks though, besides the cost I mean.

 

It runs in real time, not battle time.  Endless queue bug?  Too bad!  Tic, tic, tic

 

Disconnected from game?  Too bad!  Tic tic tic.

 

Whatever 'feature' interferes with your playing time does NOT interfere with that tic, tic, tic.

 

And maybe it's just suspicion on my part, but I sure get a lot of battles on three sector maps and get undertiered a lot when I am using one.

 

:unsure:

 

 

  ^^ That.  It should not be in real time with the discons and such. tic tic tic 

 

 

Booze


Spoiler

 


CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4107 battles
  • 4,096
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 23 June 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

  ^^ That.  It should not be in real time with the discons and such. tic tic tic 

 

 

Booze


AGREED.

 

If one hour is about 5 battles, then the booster should be five battles per current "hour" of time.  In order to make it so you can't game the system, the five battles must be used within 3 hours, and cannot carry over a server reset.  I agree that it seems that when I have activated boosters, I seem to get more disconnects and smaller battlefields.



hoom #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:45 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 9150 battles
  • 1,800
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Yeah I think I got 4 battles when I've used them.

 

It doesn't boost the Base XP, its a multiplier that stacks with Premium & *2/3/5 before Crew XP Acceleration.

 

Biggest I could find with Boosters in my screenshots was Vampire with Premium acct, both XP and Silver Boosters during recent Attrition Event and *3: 39,178 Pilot XP.

 

For comparison I also found:

65,761 Pilot XP with I-215

80,978 Gunner XP (44,987 for Pilot) on Tu-1

58,634 & 82,328 Pilot XP with Vampire

all on non-premium, no booster *5 Bomber Escort.

 

Also a 41,436 Pilot XP with Swift on premium, no booster, *3, Conquest mode.

 


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Mercsn #8 Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:46 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2601 battles
  • 3,293
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2013

The crew XP one is a pretty decent value, for what it does, compared to the others.  I've run crew boost and airplane research boost at the same time and when they expire, they give a report of what the boost gave over the period it was active.  I'll have something like airplane xp gained from booster: 14,532.  Crew xp gained from booster: 132,375 (not exact numbers, but that's the type of difference that I'll see when I used them). 

 

It does stack up with daily double and premium plane bonus.  So, you if you really want to focus on a pilot, run him in a premium plane while the bonus is active (it's another 20% xp, iirc, not sure the %).  I mean, if you REALLY wanted to focus on him, run him in every plane of that nation, even.  Sure, he'll only be rated at 75% in same class planes, but it's still playable and he'd be getting as many 2x as possible, for wins.  The booster is pretty effective on its own and I haven't seen the need to go to that extreme of a strategy, when using it. 

 

If you don't have premium time, and plan to purchase a booster, I'd recommend buying a day of premium for the day you plan to use the booster. As hoom points out, more xp from premium time increases what the booster is boosting.

 

So, for best results (which can be considerable), have premium active, put your pilot in a premium plane that you're productive in, apply the booster. 

 

Also, as others have pointed out, you won't realize how few battles you actually play in the given period until you notice the booster is done and you're thinking, "Already, that went fast."  The 1 hour is completely not worth it, considering the 2 hour is much cheaper per hour.


All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

 

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users