Jump to content


Paint ever on sale?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

LittleJimmyJingles #1 Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:04 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 507 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    07-18-2011
Do the paint items like camo, nose art, and emblems ever go on sale?

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:27 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5739 battles
  • 9,516
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostConfucious, on 22 June 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Do the paint items like camo, nose art, and emblems ever go on sale?

 

Sometimes.  I assume you mean for gold? I have never purchased gold cammo, just use silver


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,471
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
Rhey often get included as a bonus for a Premium plane buy.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #4 Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4006 battles
  • 723
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostConfucious, on 22 June 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

Do the paint items like camo, nose art, and emblems ever go on sale?

 

Not that I've ever seen after playing regularly for around a year and a half or so.  As Pants said you often get them with a new Premium plane but that's pretty much it.

What I do when I want to camo a plane is buy the camo but before finishing the purchase I also hit the same camo choce icon in the other three categories as well and the plane keeps that camo regardless of where you are playing.

I hate finishing a battle and seeing my plane come back different than when it set out.  No biggy, I'm just picky sometimes.


Edited by Deltavee, 22 June 2019 - 11:46 PM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU


comtedumas #5 Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6887 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016
I have bought a lot of gold paint for the planes I play the most, especially since they upped the bonuses you get for using the proper camo for the proper season.  

Edited by comtedumas, 22 June 2019 - 11:57 PM.

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  


Deltavee #6 Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:08 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4006 battles
  • 723
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postcomtedumas, on 22 June 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

I have bought a lot of gold paint for the planes I play the most, especially since they upped the bonuses you get for using the proper camo for the proper season.  

View Postcomtedumas, on 22 June 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

I have bought a lot of gold paint for the planes I play the most, especially since they upped the bonuses you get for using the proper camo for the proper season.  

 

Dunno how that dupe happened above. Sorry, M. le comte.

On a whim I recently bought the applicable camo for all four seasons for one plane but I haven't played it long enough (when I play it) to see what kind of difference it makes.  Theoretically it should improve things substantially over what is, in effect, flying with no camo in three out of the four environments.  The burning question is of course is it worth spending 600 gold on it?  Probably not, or everyone would be doing it, frenzied wallet warrior accusers aside, of course.


Edited by Deltavee, 23 June 2019 - 12:13 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU


comtedumas #7 Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6887 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostDeltavee, on 22 June 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

 

Dunno how that dupe happened above. Sorry, M. le comte.

On a whim I recently bought the applicable camo for all four seasons for one plane but I haven't played it long enough (when I play it) to see what kind of difference it makes.  Theoretically it should improve things substantially over what is, in effect, flying with no camo in three out of the four environments.  The burning question is of course is it worth spending 600 gold on it?  Probably not, or everyone would be doing it, frenzied wallet warrior accusers aside, of course.


after they took “concealing livery” away with no replacement I think the correct camos are almost mandatory for their aa resistance for bombers and ground attack aircraft.  


Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  


Deltavee #8 Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:21 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4006 battles
  • 723
  • [RBL_] RBL_
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postcomtedumas, on 22 June 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:


after they took “concealing livery” away with no replacement I think the correct camos are almost mandatory for their aa resistance for bombers and ground attack aircraft.  

 

Never played bombers but plenty of GAA and yes, I have to agree.  Applying the other two bits never does any harm as well and a pretty girl on the nose is always pleasing as well as utilitarian.

 


Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU


comtedumas #9 Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6887 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View PostDeltavee, on 22 June 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

 

Never played bombers but plenty of GAA and yes, I have to agree.  Applying the other two bits never does any harm as well and a pretty girl on the nose is always pleasing as well as utilitarian.

 


yep works for me.  


Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  


hoom #10 Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:21 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12417 battles
  • 2,560
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
There was a paint sale earlier this year (or late last year?)
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

hoom #11 Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:54 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12417 battles
  • 2,560
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GonerNL #12 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1751 battles
  • 1,487
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

View Posthoom, on 23 June 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

There was a paint sale earlier this year (or late last year?)

 

Yep. 50% ...

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/international-women-day-2019/

 


Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

LittleJimmyJingles #13 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 507 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    07-18-2011

View PostGonerNL, on 24 June 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Thank you.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users