What's with all the bot ramming??????

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #21 Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19603 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostIce_King, on 23 June 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

Just played my first battle of the day and was rammed by bot-heavies twice. It cost me the match.

Sorta off topic but it pertains to off putting games.   I got in a match with 10 humans.  Normally a cause for celebration, right?

I was looking at the after battle stats trying to figure out why I only came in 3rd in a Victory because I did fairly well.  I discovered that 9 of those humans were Tier VIII.  I was the ONLY Tier VII.  I figured it must be the games' way of saying, 'You've played enough, tonight!'

:amazed:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

comtedumas #22 Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6840 battles
  • [FK] FK
The problem with bots is they have no sense of life preservation, and the way the game is current envisioned neither do human pilots.  When the only way to get max personal pts is to die at least once a battle, something is just wrong...

Dell Inspiron 5675 Ryzen 1700X

32 GB Ram

500Gb Samsung Evo 960 game drive

Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA M.2 Type 2280SS Internal SSD - CT250MX500SSD4

AMD RX 580 8GB video card.  

Chuck_norris10 #23 Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

After a few times getting rammed last night I fired up the lbsh and a few other skywhales and did a little slice and dicing myself.

The ada fighters would vaporize when they rammed me and I felt a little better then.

Getting to be like a demolition derby at lower altitudes now.

pirat262 #24 Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 10250 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
well the a.i of the bots use that tactic now more daily yesteday i get the ho 229 , i'm taking to especilist since i get , good plane and many time hte bots use that tactics with me , what can i say, now is part of the game good post Chuck_Norris10

SkyWolf__WM #25 Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6265 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I really don't get rammed very much. Not enough to worry about anyhoo...:amazed:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Booze_Morgan #26 Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 513 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Ramming is becoming a prob more so now than not very long ago, it seems.  You have to watch 'em!  They act like they are tier 3 noobs refusing to give up a kill and will ram you for shooting their target.

Booze

Spoiler

Chuck_norris10 #27 Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

The ADA boomerangs will turn and come at you as soon as you pop a few caps into them and they dont care if your in a spit or LBSH.

Against the LBSH they barely take a couple hit points off it doing this but it sure is fun to watch! Payback!

I used to just shut the game down after a half a dozen rams on me and now I switch planes and exact revenge.

Even in the bf110 they would come at me.

Gonna try have fun with it I guess.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 23 June 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Mercsn #28 Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2435 battles

The bots are coded so that if they can win the ram, they will use it to kill you.  I very, very, VERY rarely die in head on collisions with bots. 

Because ram damage and survival is partly based on vehicle mass, remaining hit points, and impact point, I usually turn away when I see one trying to line up a head-on pass.  I turn away (standard head-on avoidance, nose down, left 45 degrees, right 45 degrees, up and turn to get on his tail) because it's usually a heavy fighter (ada or "player bot") and they have both nose firepower I don't want to eat AND more mass AND usually more current hp AND bots are coded to land the ram just right to kill you while incurring minimal damage themselves.

(Vehicle weight used to be a stat, it's still in there, just not shown, not sure if it's used in the ram calculation or just starting hp or just current hp.)

I'm FAR more often "involved in collisions with" both ada bots and player-bots when the code can't handle a turn fight and they collide with me while I'm chasing/shooting someone.  Of course, the foil hat theory here is that the code has a STRONG hand in who wins and loses and this is just the code exercising one more option to give you a harder time (just like head-hunting bots, super damage AA guns focusing only on the player even when other planes are in range, turrets firing at the player even if a bot is closer AND doing more damage to the aircraft with the turret, etc, etc).

The head-on collision is very rare though, for me.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

GonerNL #29 Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 948 battles
And it's not just heavies trying to ram you. Bots in fighters who know your hitpoints are lower than his, will go out of their way to ram. Even evading often doesn't work, they know which way you go ... they're part of the software.
Flying on NA and EU servers

CorvusCorvax #30 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

Captain

• 3327 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The ramming mechanic is very tiresome.  I have learned to make sure to move in three axes to avoid getting rammed, and mostly it works, but sometimes I forget that the bots can see exactly what you're doing in real time, and can ram you no matte how much fancy flying you do.  I like to make sure I make an initial move, then change immediately so that they have to react.  Often, that's good enough. 

Not always.

I am not a fan of the ramming mechanic, and would like to see it eliminated. As in, mid-air collisions are penalized by long spawn times, or elimination of aircraft from the team.

IOW, if you ram another aircraft, even if you live, if you get killed, you do not respawn.  That goes for ADA and bots.  Accidental ramming happens, for sure.  But removing the incentive to purposely do it would change the game.

Stygian_Alchemist #31 Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8329 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Chuck_norris10 #32 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:13 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1511 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I'm slowly outsmarting the rambots and now I know they exist I notice it even more.

So I picked my i-16 with 6 rockets to deal with them last night.

Pop a few into an ada bot tail and sure enough he turns for the ram so as he was not big on health i plinked a few more and slipped off a rocket and deked as he went by. He then tried 3 more times doing the same thing but always going for the head on ram.

It was quite comical to watch and on the 4th attempt i put another single rocket right into his lookers and poof!

Once you know the intent is to ram at all costs you know he will put himself right in your crosshairs so you can take the time to line the shot up nice and straight.

I got one more rocket kill like that and a third on a lead in gamble shot fired at 600 meters as he circled for his next attempt and that one was a thing of beauty.

Jockobeans #33 Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

Senior Airman

• 528 battles

I have been rammed by bots more times than I can count since I started playing a couple months ago. Humans rarely do it and usually in GAAs or in fighter head-ons, but that doesn't bug me usually.

One really frustrating ram was by a friendly ADA heavy that clipped me with his wing which caused my light fighter to explode and gave the capture point to the enemy. Maddening. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users