I threw a game

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

FishyPower #1 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:47 AM

Senior Airman

• 1169 battles

I've been reported for hacking before cause I played well. Stuff like 15k+ personal points in the A6M3. Which I get cause well, some people don't expect that. However, today I've been hit with a new one. "reported for GTing =Gamethrowing that last game i knew you was good reported cheater" I'd love to just screenshot but idk if that counts as name and shame. 

So for context, I was in the Me 262 with R4M rockets. Just got those rockets and stats says that I've been in 10 battles in the Me 262. So far I've not gotten a single rocket kill but I'm trying. So in that "last match" I went off straight ahead to whack a RB-17. Got close and fire off the rockets, all missing. Then had my gunner taken out so I ended up getting shredded by the gun turrets before I could escape. Died another time to I forgot what. Ended that match with 5k+ personal points. Seems pretty normal for a T8 match given that I'm a scrub. Dude was in my team for this match.

Next match, I ended up playing pretty fine, gunning for defence aircrafts and bots so I ended with 0 deaths and 10k+ points. In the match, I saw the dude again, this time in the other team. So I went ahead and used my boost to rush him and just shot him to pieces. Then end the game with him saying he was gonna report me.

Now the logic throws me off. Can some explain to me how I can cheat to reduce my performance? Idk man, it's like as if I got a curse that makes me bad at WOWP and it just got unsealed all of a sudden.

trikke #2 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• 3174 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
ignore him       Butthurt is contagious
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

FishyPower #3 Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 1169 battles

View Posttrikke, on 17 June 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

I know but I think it's hilarious lmbo, cheating to reduce performance lel

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19664 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

Sometimes you just can't please anybody!  He sounds like a short bus rider.

:P

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SkyWolf__WM #5 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6348 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostFishyPower, on 17 June 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

Then end the game with him saying he was gonna report me.

Yesterday I ran into a kid (I'm assuming) in a tier 8 match. He had 30 battles. I've taken to looking at the humans battle stats after most games. If they had really lousy 

score I PM them and try to give them advice to encourage them and get em' to stick around. This guy hammered me about being a "manlet" and claimed to have placed above

me in battle. He didn't. He really consumed a large one. So I pointed out that his battle score was 3rd from last (he was on my team and we won) but I do not believe that we would

have if it were not for my incredible mediocrity and coming in #2. Then I placed him on ignore. So he FOLLOWED me to the forum and PM'd me about how I had a meltdown and he

had reported me. :teethhappy: Then he stalked me. I don't believe he will stick around. :amazed: He was fun though.

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 17 June 2019 - 06:36 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19664 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 17 June 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yesterday I ran into a kid (I'm assuming) in a tier 8 match. He had 30 battles. I've taken to looking at the humans battle stats after most games. If they had really lousy 

score I PM them and try to give them advice to encourage them and get em' to stick around. This guy hammered me about being a "manlet" and claimed to have placed above

me in battle. He didn't. He really consumed a large one. So I pointed out that his battle core was 3rd from last (he was on my team and we won) but I do not believe that we would

have if it were not for my incredible mediocrity and coming in #2. Then I placed him on ignore. So he FOLLOWED me to the forum and PM'd me about how I had a meltdown and he

had reported me. :teethhappy: Then he stalked me. I don't believe he will stick around. :amazed: He was fun though.

Fun?  He sounds like the stinky, sticky stuff on the bottom of my shoe!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

BuffaloTime #7 Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10777 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 17 June 2019 - 05:57 AM, said:

Tell him to use this form.

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.
Damon Runyon

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

Moonrider #8 Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1707 battles

View PostFishyPower, on 17 June 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

Now the logic throws me off. Can some explain to me how I can cheat to reduce my performance? Idk man, it's like as if I got a curse that makes me bad at WOWP and it just got unsealed all of a sudden.

I've run across this um. . . no, I can't say that. . . . um . . . no I can't say that either. . . um, dullest tool in the shed once or twice. It took me ten minutes to stop laughing the first time.  I thanked him for the giggles.

Logic is a feeble reed, friend. "Logic" proved that airplanes can't fly and that H-bombs won't work and that stones don't fall out of the sky. Logic is a way of saying that anything which didn't happen yesterday won't happen tomorrow.
-- R. A Heinlein​, Glory Road

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6348 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostBuffaloTime, on 17 June 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Used up my +1's for the day but thanks for the "spit take" moment.  :teethhappy::great:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SgtZak #10 Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5428 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Its legal in the NBA to tank....just saying

Prenzlau #11 Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9920 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Again to put things into perspective, the battles are pretty much generic gladiator fights with planes. I often find myself in battles with other humans I do not know or never have heard of, and winning and losing from an emotional level is pretty meaningless. Unlike ranked battles where you are playing to better yourself in a ranked system, or clan battles in which you are playing on a team with your friends against other teams, regular conquest means very little. 

My point is that we all have lives outside this game, some people have families and jobs, etc. Our time spent playing this game should mean something more, versus the time we give up that we could be doing other things. Having meaningful battles against players of similar quality seems to be asking too much. A player whose total battles is under 100 and has a win rate of below 50% should never be in a battle with someone whose win rate is above 60% and who has more than 5,000 battles. Generally speaking. Yet battle after battle every day and night, these mismatches occur regularly. Sometimes the teams with the inferior statistical players win against superior opponents, leaving those players to wonder how bots and the game tipped the battle against them. 

The entire premise of the match making system and the meaningless battles is flawed and needs to be re-worked. The quality of players has to be taken into account. Having some sort of league system might be necessary. Maybe the prestige of being in a league and fighting for a ranking might bring back some players. It would add meaning to a meaningless game. It also would prevent horrible mismatches. Make superior players play against superior bots and other superior players on a regular basis.

It is obvious to anyone who is a careful observer that the game has been modified to create changes in momentum which are not directly related to player activity, like the old "Tilt-A-Whirl" carnival ride where it spins one way than quickly spins back the other way, and the enjoyment is the spinning, but in the battles in warplanes, this inexplicable momentum shifting is not enjoyable. Since they know the match maker creates unbalanced battles because there are not enough superior players, they use "Tilt-A-Whirl" triggers and traps to create uncertainty. This hard wired system however is in itself an epic failure.

Prenzlau

Edited by Prenzlau, 17 June 2019 - 08:20 PM.

Noreaga #12 Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBuffaloTime, on 17 June 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

amazing ! 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Stygian_Alchemist #13 Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D
So no one here has -ever- dropped their effort level because someone they disliked was on their team? I find that a -little- difficult to believe to be honest.

That said... I'm now curious who it is, lol. I've been accused of pretty well everything in this game.. but THAT would be a new one! I wanna experience it! 

Prenzlau #14 Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 9920 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 17 June 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

So no one here has -ever- dropped their effort level because someone they disliked was on their team? I find that a -little- difficult to believe to be honest.

That said... I'm now curious who it is, lol. I've been accused of pretty well everything in this game.. but THAT would be a new one! I wanna experience it! 

I used to be staunchly against dropping on a team for any reason, if some people remember my rhetoric on the subject.

Now, I will 100% drop in battles versus certain players no matter what side they are on. Period. I've been personally shown that integrity, honor, decency mean absolutely nothing in this game. Therefore, I'll make my own rules, and sleep better at night.

Prenzlau

Booze_Morgan #15 Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 519 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Not gonna lose a match because of some feeling about someone who is no more than a few lines of text to me.  Silly.  That's why the rocks thrown at me here don't bounce off, they freakin' go right through like they never existed.

Amazes me how personally some people take each other here.  I'll admit I have virtual personality conflicts with some people, but when we're on the same team in a battle, I'll virtually give up my existence in a sortie to protect him/her for the sake of the battle.   After the battle, still not gonna get bunched up about a diff of opinion about something that just doesn't matter anyway.  Hell, let's go get a beer.

Ah'ight, to the OP.  The guy was waaay reaching Fishy. WAAAAY reaching to the point of absurd. Maybe it's the next iteration of the usual "You won cause you a hacker" whine?  Not fully understanding the logic there.

OK done.

Booze

Spoiler

Booze_Morgan #16 Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 519 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostPrenzlau, on 17 June 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

I used to be staunchly against dropping on a team for any reason, if some people remember my rhetoric on the subject.

Now, I will 100% drop in battles versus certain players no matter what side they are on. Period. I've been personally shown that integrity, honor, decency mean absolutely nothing in this game. Therefore, I'll make my own rules, and sleep better at night.

Prenzlau

OK forget honour, decency, integrity, all that. Let's add another thought:  Maturity.  Throw that in the mix.

Booze

Spoiler

Stygian_Alchemist #17 Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostPrenzlau, on 17 June 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Prenzlau

Smart choice. When I was a small child I would get completely incensed at video games. Mom asked me why I let the video games win (upset me); After all, I could just hit the power button and remain the one in control.

Ignore lists, return to hangar, or just flat out not trying, all seem like analogues to that in this game.

Stygian_Alchemist #18 Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 17 June 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Not gonna lose a match because of some feeling about someone who is no more than a few lines of text to me.  Silly.  That's why the rocks thrown at me here don't bounce off, they freakin' go right through like they never existed.

Amazes me how personally some people take each other here.  I'll admit I have virtual personality conflicts with some people, but when we're on the same team in a battle, I'll virtually give up my existence in a sortie to protect him/her for the sake of the battle.   After the battle, still not gonna get bunched up about a diff of opinion about something that just doesn't matter anyway.  Hell, let's go get a beer.

Ah'ight, to the OP.  The guy was waaay reaching Fishy. WAAAAY reaching to the point of absurd. Maybe it's the next iteration of the usual "You won cause you a hacker" whine?  Not fully understanding the logic there.

OK done.

Booze

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 17 June 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

OK forget honour, decency, integrity, all that. Let's add another thought:  Maturity.  Throw that in the mix.

Booze

There are three players and only three who can speak through my ignore list no matter how many times I put them on it. These three people are invariably harassing and team-shooters. It's not maturity to play (or play nice) with them, it's masochism. I dunno about -you-... but I've better things to do with my free time than that. I'd rather soak the loss and move on to go play with, or against, a team that isn't going to spam me with abuse the entire match.

Edited by White_Widow18, 17 June 2019 - 09:19 PM.

Booze_Morgan #19 Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 519 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostWhite_Widow18, on 17 June 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

There are three players and only three who can speak through my ignore list no matter how many times I put them on it. These three people are invariably harassing and team-shooters. It's not maturity to play (or play nice) with them, it's masochism. I dunno about -you-... but I've better things to do with my free time than that. I'd rather soak the loss and move on to go play with, or against, a team that isn't going to spam me with abuse the entire match.

Yeah I can see that hon.  You make a good point about wasting time with that junk.  Guess I don't get any of that because I just don't see the sense in reacting in the first place.  Ignoring initially, not being goaded into a like-kind negative response which is like blood in the water to troll sharks, and just the ability to shake my head and chuckle and go on serves me well.  No dropped battles, no real negative feelings about that junk, and WoWP life is good.

What may be a diff between me and lots of these people is I can find a reason to respect something about even the fight-picking trolls who get self worth and esteem from somehting as silly as fighting on line.  Talking about wasting time! Chuckling here even now.  "Life is short, so let's argue on line with people we will never know about things that will never matter." .......Or something like that.  That's a paraphrase.  Spam.  It's called spam for a reason.

Anyway, that's just my entirely self-realized very humble opinion about lines of text and the danger they pose to me, externally or internally. None. Again, silly, to me anyway.

Booze

Edited by Booze_Morgan, 17 June 2019 - 09:30 PM.

Spoiler

Stygian_Alchemist #20 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 8410 battles
  • [I_D] I_D

View PostBooze_Morgan, on 17 June 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Yeah I can see that hon.  You make a good point about wasting time with that junk.  Guess I don't get any of that because I just don't see the sense in reacting in the first place.  Ignoring initially, not being goaded into a like-kind negative response which is like blood in the water to troll sharks, and just the ability to shake my head and chuckle and go on serves me well.  No dropped battles, no real negative feelings about that junk, and WoWP life is good.

What may be a diff between me and lots of these people is I can find a reason to respect something about even the fight-picking trolls who get self worth and esteem from somehting as silly as fighting on line.  Talking about wasting time! Chuckling here even now.  "Life is short, so let's argue on line with people we will never know about things that will never matter." .......Or something like that.  That's a paraphrase.  Spam.  It's called spam for a reason.

Anyway, that's just my entirely self-realized very humble opinion about lines of text and the danger they pose to me, externally or internally. None. Again, silly, to me anyway.

Booze

Which is fair, from my perspective.. one of those people sexually harasses me and two of them literally... no matter whether I remain silent or not they're just non-stop spam taunts and I don't feel a need to deal with either of those things. That's me, I've got more going on than that. 

Funnily, virtually -none- of the forum trolls are blocked in the game on my end. They have a certain honor in the game at least. LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users